PDA

View Full Version : Craig James fired again

Mazeppa
2/28/2014, 10:15 PM
Maybe he should consider a new line of work.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/craig-james-fox-sports-firing-191704256--ncaaf.html

soonergirlNeugene
3/1/2014, 01:10 AM
lulz

Jacie
3/1/2014, 03:55 AM
The real story here is that CJ is too conservative for a FOX network.

Wishboned
3/1/2014, 04:40 PM
Oh sure, gay marriage is bad, but killing 5 hookers while you're at SMU is perfectly acceptable.

SoonerMarkVA
3/1/2014, 09:40 PM
What? Craig James had a job?

swardboy
3/2/2014, 09:12 AM
He's ok. He's got ranches. Full of dead hookers.

8timechamps
3/2/2014, 05:35 PM
This happened just prior to last season starting. I guess the "news" is that he filed a complain with the Texas Workforce Commission.

Anyway, CJK5H

Harris County Sooner
3/2/2014, 07:36 PM
Oh sure, gay marriage is bad, but killing 5 hookers while you're at SMU is perfectly acceptable.
Craig James had absolutely nothing to do with the demose of those 5 hookers.

badger
3/3/2014, 09:54 AM
This happened just prior to last season starting. I guess the "news" is that he filed a complain with the Texas Workforce Commission.

Anyway, CJK5H

Yeah, to my knowledge the only work he's had in sports is some Texas local radio show. I even think it's Aggie-based.

Whoever told him he should run for Senate... wait, that's giving other people waaay too much credit and Craig James not enough scorn.

Whoever failed to convince Craig James not to run for Senate is a very bad friend, family member, adviser, etc. It not only forced him to resign from his cushy ESPN job, it also brought him into an even more negative light (if that was even considered possible) and made him absolutely not hire-able in a high profile sports network job.

And for what? 4 (no typo) percent of Texans' votes. In a primary, not even the general election.

KantoSooner
3/3/2014, 10:20 AM
Let's just stick to the 5 hookers.

SoonerStormchaser
3/3/2014, 10:34 AM
Maybe the families of those 5 hookers called up the network...

olevetonahill
3/3/2014, 11:04 AM
Let's just stick to the 5 hookers.

Agreed, A man should stick with what he does best.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/3/2014, 11:40 AM
Mike Leach must be a favored child of Karma. Because people who mess with him have a bad habit of ending up getting ran out of town on a rail.

badger
3/3/2014, 11:45 AM
Mike Leach must be a favored child of Karma. Because people who mess with him have a bad habit of ending up getting ran out of town on a rail.

I look forward to everyone in the Pac 12 getting Coug'd, especially quack quack

Eielson
3/3/2014, 11:58 AM
US Senator candidate...

:P

ddub0224
3/3/2014, 02:25 PM
Remind me why there is so much passionate hate for Craig James and how it relates to OU?

badger
3/3/2014, 02:52 PM
Remind me why there is so much passionate hate for Craig James and how it relates to OU?

There's a lot of Big 12 ties to Mike Leach, depending on how deep you want to go.

At just an OU level, Leach was the offensive coordinator for Bob Stoops during his inaugural Sooner year. Ninja formation. Yay.

From an extended point of view, he was the one reason why we had to fear Texas Tech annually. It was annoying, but we had to respect them for being annoying.

From a perhaps-too-far point of view, he's the reason why we are losing annually to Baylor in football now. Why is Art Briles coaching at Baylor? Because Mike Leach needed an in-route to Texas high schools, so he hired a longtime Texas HS coach as an assistant when he started at Tech. That assistant's name? Art Briles. Without Leach, Briles might have just gracefully retired as a high school coach. Instead, they've yanked the tarp off Floyd Casey and are moving to some new on-campus stadium like they're winning the Big 12 title

So, yeah

KantoSooner
3/3/2014, 04:01 PM
Because:
1. We don't believe a man should kill hookers. It just isn't cool.
2. He was an SMU RB back when they nauseatingly bought good players and then occaissionally beat us with them.
3. He cost Mick Leach his job by being a whiny, obnoxious bastard in defense of his utterly worthless DNA-carrier.
4. He's obnoxious and hurtful to the ears when he speaks on teevee.
5. Whenever he's on teevee, talking football, he will go out of h is way to trash OU.
6. He is vile and foul.
7. He is Craig James.

8timechamps
3/3/2014, 06:40 PM
Because:
2. He was an SMU RB back when they nauseatingly bought good players and then occaissionally beat us with them.
3. He cost Mick Leach his job by being a whiny, obnoxious bastard in defense of his utterly worthless DNA-carrier.
5. Whenever he's on teevee, talking football, he will go out of h is way to trash OU.
6. He is vile and foul.
7. He is Craig James.

9. His physical appearance is unsettling for the unprepared viewer.

olevetonahill
3/3/2014, 07:29 PM
Because:
6. He is vile and foul.
7. He is Craig James.

Number 5 Should be Number 1
Jes sayin.

ddub0224
3/4/2014, 02:03 PM
I'm well aware of who Mike Leach is and that he was our O coordinator. I'm also aware of what happened with the James kid at tech and IMO to hate James for that, well you probably don't have kids or at least ones old enough to play for a coach you felt mistreated your kid.

Now.....breaking the law and bad mouthing OU well that's a different story.

badger
3/4/2014, 02:23 PM
IMO to hate James for that, well you probably don't have kids or at least ones old enough to play for a coach you felt mistreated your kid

Yeah that was the campaign Craig ran on too. Campaign video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-WJLbyO2a0). The son testified under oath that he didn't feel threatened or harmed and the Leach shouldn't have been fired. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4992845) There's tons more details on this in Leach's autobiography and it's a very fun read on Texas politics that plagued his time at Tech dealing with the administration.

And yes, he's been mouthy about OU when given a microphone, so I am all for taking his microphone away.

KantoSooner
3/4/2014, 02:48 PM
DDub,
The guy is, objectively, at least slightly douchy. This is a chat board. We're going to rag on him, hound him a bit, say snarky things about him and continue the meme that he killed five hookers.
it's simply how things roll.
The sun rises in the East, Craig James will be trashed.
World without end.

ddub0224
3/4/2014, 02:52 PM
Well said. Fair enough.

KantoSooner
3/4/2014, 02:55 PM
What's the movie line? "Sometimes things are exactly what they appear to be."

starclassic tama
3/4/2014, 04:00 PM
Yeah that was the campaign Craig ran on too. Campaign video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-WJLbyO2a0). The son testified under oath that he didn't feel threatened or harmed and the Leach shouldn't have been fired. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4992845) There's tons more details on this in Leach's autobiography and it's a very fun read on Texas politics that plagued his time at Tech dealing with the administration.

And yes, he's been mouthy about OU when given a microphone, so I am all for taking his microphone away.

Yeah, that whole thing was crap. Adam James claimed to have a concussion so they were supposed to keep him in a dimly lit room. The trainers told him NOT to go into the closet, but he went in there anyways and took a video as a joke and sent it to his dad and got a laugh out of it. They had been trying to fire Leach for awhile because he outmaneuvered them in his contract negotiations. The James situation just gave them a convenient out. But yeah, Craig James is one of the biggest *********s in the United States.

olevetonahill
3/4/2014, 04:29 PM

And yes, he's been mouthy about OU when given a microphone, so I am all for taking his microphone away,and shoved up his ***.

FIFY

SoonerFaninAZ
3/9/2014, 12:34 PM

That never happened.

bluedogok
3/9/2014, 12:55 PM
Yep, the OU record against SMU is 5-1-1 with the loss coming in the 1968 Bluebonnet Bowl, the tie occurred in 1939. James played from 79-83 so OU never played them while he or Dickerson was on the roster. I was at the 85 game, I remember them scoring on the first drive easily then the defense shutting them down.

From SoonersStats.com (http://www.soonerstats.com/football/opponents/details.cfm?oppid=47)
1925 W 9-0 Dallas
1939 T 7-7 Norman
1968 L 28-27 Houston
1970 W 28-11 Dallas
1971 W 30-0 Norman
1985 W 35-13 Norman
1995 W 24-10 Norman