PDA

View Full Version : 14 y/o commits to LSU

Sooner in Tampa
2/24/2014, 01:34 PM
I am literally speechless...

I mean really...8th grade highlights...WTF????

Don't worry moms and dads of the world, your little boy may be soon receiving scholarship offers in pee wee football with the way the recruiting landscape is headed. In what is considered the youngest commitment in LSU history, quarterback Zadock Dinkelmann of Somerset, Texas, committed to LSU today. The 6'3" 190 pound 8th grader (yes, you read that right) has solid bloodlines, coming from the Detmer family and already has a solid arm. It's not the first time LSU has offered an 8th grader, giving one to current 2017 commit Dylan Moses before his 8th grade season, and with the way recruiting has become, likely won't be the last.

What LSU is Getting in...Wait, It's Way Too Early for That

8th Grade Highlights (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2136806/highlights/105300377)

I could offer a scouting report like we normally do in commitment articles, but since this kid has four more years of playing before he even arrives in Baton Rouge, I don't think any scouting now would remain. He does already have a solid arm and with a Detmer coaching him the rest of the way through high school, he is in good hands to get even better.
With a commitment from Dinkelmann, LSU becomes the ONLY school to have at least one commitment through the 2018 class with Edwin Alexander and Stephen Sullivan for 2016, Dylan Moses for 2017 and now Dinkelmann in 2018. The future definitely looks very bright, now we just got to wait awhile for some of these guys to get here.

badger
2/24/2014, 01:37 PM
Let's be fair: Bob Stoops offered Sterling Sheperd when he was 9... probably. :P

Soonerjeepman
2/24/2014, 01:41 PM
I think we just have our studs guys sign off their off-spring before they even have them...just in case!

KantoSooner
2/24/2014, 02:45 PM
If any Selmon wife decides to have more kids, we should option them pre-natally.

Eielson
2/24/2014, 04:02 PM
If any Selmon wife decides to have more kids, we should option them pre-natally.

I assure you that we haven't seen the last of the Selmon bloodline. Different last name, though.

Breadburner
2/24/2014, 04:16 PM
This is so ****ing stupid....There are kids that haven't even started playing yet that are going to be better......

KantoSooner
2/24/2014, 04:41 PM
Can we somehow work a deal for first right of refusal on any young man coming to America from the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria?

Eielson
2/24/2014, 04:48 PM
He can probably already throw the ball as well as the SEC QBs from a couple years back. I loved that he had a highlight in there where the WR dropped the pass. 8th grade highlight film problems.

8timechamps
2/24/2014, 08:15 PM
These "early commitments" are so dumb. I'm not talking about legit junior commitments, I'm talking about these types. First, LSU cannot even officially offer the kid (although I have no trouble believing they don't care about that rule), and secondly, the kid could be 300 pounds, in jail or not playing football by the time he's college age.

birddog
2/24/2014, 08:28 PM
The les man has his ways.

Zing
2/24/2014, 09:07 PM
Well, to be fair they're just trying to make the team look good. He's already so far ahead of the rest of the team academically that he's already bringing the average GPA up a full point.

BajaOklahoma
2/24/2014, 10:16 PM
I know Texas kids younger than 8th grade who have video highlights. It's not unusual.
But an 8th grade student will change where he wants to go many times before he goes to college.

Therealsouthsider
2/25/2014, 10:57 PM
...maybe he just wanted to get his commitment out of the way before his wedding...geez, give him a break :encouragement:

ss