PDA

View Full Version : Illegals cost states US representatives

okie52
2/24/2014, 12:27 PM
According to the latest American Community Survey, California has 5,622,422 noncitizens in its population of 36,264,467. Based on our round-number projection of a decade-end population in that state of 37,000,000 (including 5,750,000 noncitizens), California would have 57 members in the newly reapportioned U.S. House of Representatives.

However, with noncitizens not included for purposes of reapportionment, California would have 48 House seats (based on an estimated 308 million total population in 2010 with 283 million citizens, or 650,000 citizens per House seat). Using a similar projection, Texas would have 38 House members with noncitizens included. With only citizens counted, it would be entitled to 34 members.

Non citizens made up of legal and illegal residents are included in census counts that determine how many congressional reps a state will receive. States like OK and 8 others have lost a rep because of this calculation.

Census nonsense
By counting illegal immigrants the same as citizens in the census, some states get more congressional seats than they deserve.
May 29, 2010|Richard Greener and George Kenney

Official political innumeracy, enshrined in the census, steals our democracy. We count illegal immigrants the same as citizens and assign states congressional seats accordingly. This awards some states more representatives than they deserve. The census should, instead, count citizens separately, and Congress should reapportion representatives only on the basis of citizen populations. That would ensure that the votes of citizens in all parts of the country are as nearly equal as possible.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/29/opinion/la-oe-adv-kenney-census-20100529

Getting the Math Right: Why California Has Too Many Seats in the House of Representatives
ACADEMIC JOURNAL ARTICLE
By Edelman, Paul H.
Vanderbilt Law Review , Vol. 59, No. 2

http://www.questia.com/library/journal/1P3-1076397291/getting-the-math-right-why-california-has-too-many

Should illegal aliens continue to be represented in U.S. Congress? Louisiana says no.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/brandywine-to-broad/30021-should-illegal-aliens-count-towards-state-representation-in-us-congress-louisiana-says-no

Soonerjeepman
2/24/2014, 12:56 PM
but but ....they are people and damnit they NEED to be represented..

rally cry from the libs...

Breadburner
2/24/2014, 12:58 PM
It's really time to do something our problem that has become Mexico.......

okie52
2/24/2014, 02:06 PM
If representatives were apportioned on the basis of citizenship Cali would lose 9 seats and 9 electoral votes...thats more than OK has now. If it was on a citizenship basis OK would gain back a seat it lost in 2000 giving OK 8.

yermom
2/24/2014, 03:11 PM
How does Arizona feel about this?

okie52
2/24/2014, 03:15 PM
How does Arizona feel about this?

Haven't you seen McCain and Flake groveling?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/24/2014, 03:29 PM
Haven't you seen McCain and Flake groveling?I live here and McCain has been a full-fledged RINO for a long time. Flake is not trustworthy either. The only thing worse would have been to elect two (guaranteed wrong on virtually EVERYTHING)democrats. As much as both those guys are effed-up, you can guarantee the dems that opposed them were even worse.

SUMMARY:we are not in the best of situations, right now, and the foreseeable future is on the left side of rosy.

okie52
2/24/2014, 03:35 PM
I live here and McCain has been a full-fledged RINO for a long time. Flake is not trustworthy either. The only thing worse would have been to elect two (guaranteed wrong on virtually EVERYTHING)democrats. As much as both those guys are effed-up, you can guarantee the dems that opposed them were even worse.

SUMMARY:we are not in the best of situations, right now, and the foreseeable future is on the left side of rosy.

No, the dems for sure would have sucked but pubs running against those 2 POSs might have been a better choice....certainly in McCain's case.

2/24/2014, 03:43 PM
No, the dems for sure would have sucked but pubs running against those 2 POSs might have been a better choice....certainly in McCain's case.Trouble abounds. I think the biggest problem facing any conservative in a statewide election is that the Media here in AZ is soundly an advocate for the dems. It will take someone who is both a talented communicator and fearless of the Media to prevail. Anymore, I think the media scares the bejeebers out of almost all conservatives.

We CAN get conservatives into the House, of course, since the votes are local rather than statewide. Just have to hope the conservatives voting districts outnumber the redistributionists.

okie52
2/24/2014, 03:54 PM
Trouble abounds. I think the biggest problem facing any conservative in a statewide election is that the Media here in AZ is soundly an advocate for the dems. It will take someone who is both a talented communicator and fearless of the Media to prevail. Anymore, I think the media scares the bejeebers out of almost all conservatives.

We CAN get conservatives into the House, of course, since the votes are local rather than statewide. Just have to hope the conservatives voting districts outnumber the redistributionists.

The conservatives must be doing something right...they still got Brewer as guv and passed some tough illegal bills in spite of doormats like mcshame and flake.

2/24/2014, 04:10 PM
The conservatives must be doing something right...they still got Brewer as guv and passed some tough illegal bills in spite of doormats like mcshame and flake.Agreed. Even though the Media attacks them at every turn, they still win some battles. However, Brewer, and most of the other politicians in AZ who are considered conservative are only so on some things, and few, if any, are solid, IMHO.

okie52
2/24/2014, 04:13 PM
Agreed. Even though the Media attacks them at every turn, they still win some battles. However, Brewer, and most of the other politicians in AZ who are considered conservative are only so on some things, and few, if any, are solid, IMHO.

I don't follow them close enough to know other than about illegals.

It almost wouldn't matter to me if mcshame and flake were beaten by dems just to get them out of there...the same goes for tennessee's 2 senators corker and Alexander.

2/24/2014, 04:23 PM
I don't follow them close enough to know other than about illegals.

It almost wouldn't matter to me if mcshame and flake were beaten by dems just to get them out of there...the same goes for tennessee's 2 senators corker and Alexander.Here's where we vastly disagree. We won't be able to peacefully restore the country to its lawful basis until the democrat party is backbenched. When they run things, there is 0 chance of things improving. We are NOT in a good situation right now.

okie52
2/24/2014, 04:30 PM
Here's where we vastly disagree. We won't be able to peacefully restore the country to its lawful basis until the democrat party is backbenched. When they run things, there is 0 chance of things improving. We are NOT in a good situation right now.

McCain has been a senator for what...30 years and he has never represented his constituents well on illegals... Now had a dem beaten him and had to face a different pub in the next election we might have had a real senator there instead of this POS called mcshame...It may have to get worse before it gets better...

2/24/2014, 04:42 PM
McCain has been a senator for what...30 years and he has never represented his constituents well on illegals... Now had a dem beaten him and had to face a different pub in the next election we might have had a real senator there instead of this POS called mcshame...It may have to get worse before it gets better...I was on the campaign team for JD Hayworth in the last republican primary election vs McCain. ALL the Media stacked up against Hayworth, and i think some republicans voted for McCain simply because they feared Hayworth would hardly get a single democrat vote in the general election..of course I voted for McCain in the general, since the democrat, as usual, was a full-bore leftist, with all the usual democrat attributes.

If you say vote third party or don't vote, I'll pull some hair out. That action ALWAYS helps the democrat get elected, except in the once in my lifetime case, when Ralph Nader ran as third party candidate for the Green Euphoria party, or whatever.

okie52
2/24/2014, 04:52 PM
I was on the campaign team for JD Hayworth in the last republican primary election vs McCain. ALL the Media stacked up against Hayworth, and i think some republicans voted for McCain simply because they feared Hayworth would hardly get a single democrat vote in the general election..of course I voted for McCain in the general, since the democrat, as usual, was a full-bore leftist, with all the usual democrat attributes.

If you say vote third party or don't vote, I'll pull some hair out. That action ALWAYS helps the democrat get elected, except in the once in my lifetime case, when Ralph Nader ran as third party candidate for the Green Euphoria party, or whatever.

It took Carter to get Reagan...it may take a full blown lefty to get rid of RINOs in red states...and hope the pendulum swings back.

2/24/2014, 05:12 PM
It took Carter to get Reagan...it may take a full blown lefty to get rid of RINOs in red states...and hope the pendulum swings back.We had douc*ebag Clinton, and now Obeary, who makes Clinton look like an real American. We've gone way beyond full blown Lefty. Who we got waiting in the wings to straighten things out?

yermom
2/24/2014, 08:30 PM
Palin/Bachman 2016! *snicker*

2/25/2014, 01:53 AM
Palin/Bachman 2016! *snicker*You must be really proud of the MSM. They sure serve our country well, huh?:obama icon: