PDA

View Full Version : Lack of student attendance is pathetic

Mazeppa
2/22/2014, 08:03 PM
this from CB Diggs U of Texas

http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/texas-cb-diggs-lack-of-student-attendance-is-pathetic-022014

GDC
2/23/2014, 12:57 PM
I assumed this thread was about OU basketball.

Mazeppa
2/23/2014, 03:26 PM
I assumed this thread was about OU basketball.

That's what I kept thinking about when I was reading the story.

LakeRat
2/24/2014, 03:25 PM
He is a 100% correct. Hate agreeing with a horn!! EVER!!!

badger
2/24/2014, 03:42 PM
I have heard that Texas Tech only requires students to bring their ID, not a ticket (free or otherwise) and just includes a student athletic fee in their tuition and fees thing. If there's more in attendance, they squeeze as many in as they can.

I'd love to see OU adopt this. I don't know what they do now, but I know that tickets aren't free and that you need tickets for the revenue (men's bball and football) sports.

The concern might be that OU would be missing out on revenue or that the section would be too full. To the first problem, boo hoo, you're getting lots of TV money these days and jerking us in attendance around with endless promos on Soonervision and elsewhere, deal with it. To the second problem... is that a problem??? If it's a fire code thing, turn them away after a certain number

PrideMom
2/26/2014, 11:46 AM
I have talked to a lot of young people, and they just are not into SPORTS, period! They just want to play on their phones, and text to their friends. I don't understand people that do not enjoy sports. I like football first, then all of the others because it is fun. OU is fortunate to have a great softball program, and now Lon is getting the men's basketball back. I am worried about the women's teams, though. I think Sherri needs new assistants for recruiting "meaner" girls.