PDA

View Full Version : More Alabama players jump on AJ McCarron entitled bandwagon

Mazeppa
2/22/2014, 07:54 PM
Got to be the reason they lost to those Sooners. Right?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/24452462/alabama-players-aj-mccarron-was-right-we-were-entitled

swardboy
2/22/2014, 09:42 PM
To hear Norwood tell it, however, bad attitudes can permeate a locker room, affecting a what many considered a championship-caliber roster.
"You could just see it on the practice field," said defensive end Jeoffrey Pagan of the brewing problems.

Yes, I'm sure Saban just chuckled at the young'uns sloppy practice habits.

8timechamps
2/22/2014, 09:49 PM
Is anyone surprised? It wasn't that long ago we were dealing with similar behavior in Norman...and we hadn't won 3 national titles in 4 years.

I think this speaks to an issue that is a product of winning do much. At some point, players are bound to get complacent, and younger one's (that have done nothing) feel entitled.

Still, it doesn't take away from the fact that we whipped 'em in the Sugar Bowl.

Soonerwake
2/22/2014, 10:14 PM
Why does there always have to be a self-serving reason? Why come up with an excuse?

How about, we got outcoached and outplayed??

oupride
2/23/2014, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the post.

BoulderSooner79
2/23/2014, 05:19 PM
Why does there always have to be a self-serving reason? Why come up with an excuse?

How about, we got outcoached and outplayed??

That pretty much sums up the Sugar Bowl. But to be fair, Stoops has said those words after a loss and it doesn't go over too well around here.

Widescreen
2/23/2014, 05:53 PM
Yep. It feels like a get out of jail free card. Or a "I don't have to explain anything to you morons".

stoopified
2/23/2014, 06:32 PM
Is anyone surprised? It wasn't that long ago we were dealing with similar behavior in Norman...and we hadn't won 3 national titles in 4 years.

I think this speaks to an issue that is a product of winning do much. At some point, players are bound to get complacent, and younger one's (that have done nothing) feel entitled.

Still, it doesn't take away from the fact that we whipped 'em in the Sugar Bowl.THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT THAT PERMEATTED THROUGHOUT OUR TEAM.tHE 'BAMA PLAYERS ARE SAYING IT WAS THEIR YOUNGSTERS WHO HAD THIS ISSUE.IF SO,MY QUESTION IS HOW DID THIS ENTITLEMENT AFFECT THIS TIDE SQUAD WHICH WAS HEAVY ON UPPERCLASSMAN STARTERS AND LEADERSHIP? I could maybe swallow this load of manure if AJ and the seniors blamed themselves but to blame underclassmen who were mostly reserves? Doesn't make sense to me.

rock on sooner
2/23/2014, 06:59 PM
There is a valid argument, imo....Gomer Jones, after Bud...Mackenzie's passing,
Fairbanks...some success...here comes Switzer...big time good stuff...then Gibbs/
Blake...here comes Stoops and 2000, followed by three more NC games then down
times. It would APPEAR that senses of entitlement followed success, to the detriment
of the program. It is too early to say that about Bama, but, welp, just could be....

8timechamps
2/23/2014, 09:53 PM
THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT THAT PERMEATTED THROUGHOUT OUR TEAM.tHE 'BAMA PLAYERS ARE SAYING IT WAS THEIR YOUNGSTERS WHO HAD THIS ISSUE.IF SO,MY QUESTION IS HOW DID THIS ENTITLEMENT AFFECT THIS TIDE SQUAD WHICH WAS HEAVY ON UPPERCLASSMAN STARTERS AND LEADERSHIP? I could maybe swallow this load of manure if AJ and the seniors blamed themselves but to blame underclassmen who were mostly reserves? Doesn't make sense to me.

I think the "sense of entitlement" comes from incoming players. I don't think it just "happens" one day, and the entire team is involved. When a team is having success, then I think players come in expecting to win just because it's common.

I guess I just don't see this an a "excuse", since everything I heard/saw from the Bama players after the game was basically "we got beat, period!". In fact, the Bama LT (that got owned by Striker) said immediately after the game "If you're looking for someone to blame, blame me!".

I don't think McCarron was directing anything at OU, I think he was talking only about Bama, and what he observed.

olevetonahill
2/24/2014, 12:43 AM
That pretty much sums up the Sugar Bowl. But to be fair, Stoops has said those words after a loss and it doesn't go over too well around here.

So yer sayin Bob should LIE???? We did get OUT coached AND Out Played !!!!
Much as Sabin an Bama Got Out coached and Out played.

thecrimsoncrusader
2/24/2014, 09:32 AM
Nick Saban is the best coach in college football and his teams are always prepared, even in the Sugar Bowl. Oklahoma was just the better team that day. And Oklahoma also showed their true potential on offense when Trevor Knight is firing on all cylinders.

BoulderSooner79
2/24/2014, 11:23 AM
So yer sayin Bob should LIE???? We did get OUT coached AND Out Played !!!!
Much as Sabin an Bama Got Out coached and Out played.

Not at all - I respect that about Stoops. Just sayin' coaches are not rewarded by fan reaction to that approach (even here). Fans seem to prefer vague reasons like "entitlement" to the cold truth. That line got Brown another couple of seasons down in Austin.

Scott D
2/24/2014, 12:00 PM
I seem to remember that an inflated sense of entitlement by younger players was given as a reason for why the jerseys had no names on them one year.