PDA

View Full Version : California to possibly split into 6 states?

ouwasp
2/21/2014, 11:13 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/plan-split-california-six-states-gains-ground-222139687.html

And I thought the only thing that could break Cali so profoundly would be a 10.0 on the Richter scale. How likely do you think this is to occur? What would the ramifications be?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/22/2014, 01:11 AM
My guess is, the probability of that is close to zero.

diverdog
2/22/2014, 04:16 AM
My guess is, the probability of that is close to zero.

I would say zero!

SCOUT
2/22/2014, 04:29 AM
proponents "may begin collecting petition signatures."
Hardly a done deal

okie52
2/22/2014, 07:20 AM
Give Mexico 6 states & 12 senators?

TheHumanAlphabet
2/23/2014, 02:34 AM
We can hope... but yea...zilch.

Just watched before heading to Qatar, the Triple D show that showed Guy Fieri's (sp?) hometown of Ferndale, Humbolt county... What I saw was beautiful area with a strong work ethic. There is no way in hell that this area has the same political leanings as SFO or LAX (unless you were growing MJ up there)... These guys would do well if they were split away from the leftist centers of Cali...

jkjsooner
2/24/2014, 10:50 AM
We can hope... but yea...zilch.

Just watched before heading to Qatar, the Triple D show that showed Guy Fieri's (sp?) hometown of Ferndale, Humbolt county... What I saw was beautiful area with a strong work ethic. There is no way in hell that this area has the same political leanings as SFO or LAX (unless you were growing MJ up there)... These guys would do well if they were split away from the leftist centers of Cali...

They'd gain a couple of senators but also lose a ton of influence and relevance. Look at Texas. The only reason Texas is "great" is because it's essentially the size of 4 states. You split Texas up and all of a sudden you've got another Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana, etc.

Here's an idea, let's split up both Texas and California. Add a few more Republican senators and a few more Democrat senators. Everyone is happy.

badger
2/24/2014, 01:40 PM
It's not like northern California is going to get any more of southern California's water regardless of whether they're the same state or not, so really, what's the point?

Just move to another state like so many ex-Californians already have if you don't want to be Californian anymore

okie52
2/24/2014, 02:11 PM
They'd gain a couple of senators but also lose a ton of influence and relevance. Look at Texas. The only reason Texas is "great" is because it's essentially the size of 4 states. You split Texas up and all of a sudden you've got another Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana, etc.

Here's an idea, let's split up both Texas and California. Add a few more Republican senators and a few more Democrat senators. Everyone is happy.

Don't represent illegals/non citizens in representative apportionment and electoral votes....