PDA

View Full Version : UN convention of child rights...scary thoughts

Soonerjeepman
2/21/2014, 10:32 AM
Not sure if any of you folks, conservative or lib follow this. This is some scary stuff. I urge EVERYONE to investigate it.

Basically the UN has a convention of the rights of children. They've attacked the Catholic Church, pushing them to adopt the "treaty" because of the church's stance on homosexuality, abortion, sexuality education among children, to name a few. The jest of the treaty is that the "state" will have decision making over your children. AGAIN, we have laws already in place they just do NOT get enforced.

The USA and Somalia are 2 of the major countries NOT to sign the treaty. The USA HAS signed and endorsed part that prohibits child soldiers and the slave trade.

Clinton is a HUGE proponent of this "treaty" and if signed the international law will supersede ANY USA law.

I'm sure the libs will be screaming this is "chicken little". Just look how this administration is slowly pulling rights away. Clinton has had her eye on this for years and she will sign it if given the chance. Yes, I know she has to have approval of congress to sign an international treaty...you don't think she can get the votes?

http://www.parentalrights.org/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={98172987-5D33-4A41-AF04-84F6726222C3}&DE=

If ya don't think it can happen here...or in democratic countries....

February 21, 2014

"Social Worker for Every Child" Bill Passes

In Edinburgh yesterday, the Scottish Parliament passed the “Children and Young People (Scotland) Bill” by a vote of 103-0 with 15 abstentions. This legislation, which is specifically intended to fulfill Scotland’s perceived obligations under the United Nations’ Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), includes a provision to assign a specific government worker to every child at birth. These “named persons” will be charged with safeguarding each child’s welfare and with representing the state to the family. Giving a state actor, in place of or alongside parents, responsibility for children is a drastic measure usually reserved for cases of child abuse or neglect – but Scotland has deemed it necessary to guarantee the “best interests” of every child as called for in the CRC.

There is no doubt Scotland’s provision will be praised by the CRC Committee and held up to the rest of the world as an exemplary implementation of the treaty. Nor will it take long for other nations, hungry for the approval of these UN “experts,” to follow in Scotland’s shoes.

Surely such a thing could never happen in America, though. Boston and Edinburgh are separated by 3,000 miles of Atlantic Ocean (and a bit of Scottish soil) – a daunting stretch of ocean which many of our forebears courageously traversed to secure for themselves and their posterity the freedom to raise their families in liberty.

What’s more, our Supreme Court once held that “The statist notion that governmental power should supersede parental authority in all cases because some parents abuse or neglect children is repugnant to American tradition.” Parham v. J.R., 442 U.S. 584 (1979)

Unfortunately, we are not in that America anymore. One need look no further than the latest headlines to find parents right here in America having their decisions overruled without cause by government workers.

Fifteen-year-old Justina Pelletier has been held by the State of Massachusetts for over a year against her wishes, her parents’ judgment, or the advice of her doctors, because of a diagnosis disagreement with Boston Children’s Hospital. Justina, who was diagnosed with Mitochondrial disease (or “mito,” a chromosome disorder that creates a broad range of symptoms), went to BCH in February, 2013, for flu complications. While there, attending physicians rejected her mito diagnosis and removed her from her prescribed regimen, claiming instead that she had a somatoform disorder -- that her problems were all in her head. When her parents disagreed, the hospital called in state actors to remove the girl from her parents’ custody. Although the prior mito diagnosis had been issued by a duly licensed physician at a respected teaching hospital, and although its treatment was effective for keeping her symptoms in check, the hospital accused the parents of medical child abuse for accepting their own doctor’s diagnosis over that of BCH.

Sadly, after a year under BCH treatment for her new diagnosis, it would appear Justina’s “imagination” is growing stronger; she is now wheelchair bound and deteriorating rapidly.

Desperate to save his daughter, Lou Pelletier last week defied a gag order issued by the court and took his story to political talk show host Glenn Beck. Now he has been charged with contempt for speaking up.

The Pelletiers return to Massachusetts family court on Monday (Feb. 24) in hopes that the judge might miraculously return their daughter to their care and let her get the help she needs. A trial date for the contempt charge has not yet been set.

OU_Sooners75
2/21/2014, 10:44 AM
smfh

Soonerjeepman
2/21/2014, 10:54 AM
..?..not sure 75, help me out, good or bad..

OU_Sooners75
2/21/2014, 11:12 AM
shaking my f*cking head

If they let that crap pass here in the US, We the People need to stand up and get rid of the current government!

Soonerjeepman
2/21/2014, 11:17 AM
lol...ah, I tried like heck to figure out the acronym.

I agree, and I also know the free thinkers will attack it as "it won't happen here"...but the example is pretty scary. It's a sllooowww process. That's what Hillary and her clan want to do, take bits and pieces at a time.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/23/2014, 02:27 AM
This is scary, along with the UN gun treaty to circumvent the Constitution...

And people make fun of those worried about UN Black helicopters and the Trilateral Commission and stuff...

If they can, they will circumvent protected rights...Wake up! The Left is all about controlling people, making the elite leftist the new ruling class and keeping the ordinary person from enjoying the fruits of their labor and being successful and upwardly mobile...

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2014, 09:15 AM
THA, waiting for one of our resident lib's to bring out the tin-foil hat comment. This IS happening and is real. I do pray it never happens and I'm doing what I can to promote that, but the masses are so brainwashed that nothing will...they want us to believe that and unfortunately a lot of INFORMED voters do, along with the uninformed.

yermom
2/23/2014, 09:37 AM
so is there anything specific you are complaining about with this or just spreading FUD?

8timechamps
2/24/2014, 08:34 PM
I'm not a "lib", but I do not fear the UN. In fact, I'd be perfectly happy if it just went away. There are more than enough humanitarian organizations that could take over the humanitarian aid organized by the UN, and when it comes to diplomacy, the UN has no teeth. For some reason, our elected leaders (at least the current ones) feel obligated to seek UN approval to wipe their asses.

I am much more fearful of our own government than I am the UN.

Soonerjeepman
2/25/2014, 10:40 AM
agreed, but I'm fearful of our government ACCEPTING the un's bull**** and then forcing it on us.

Update on the 15 yr old girl in Mass. The state awards custody to foster care....this is some crazy ****.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3252357925001/mass-judge-sentences-justina-pelletier-to-foster-care-/#sp=show-clips

TheHumanAlphabet
2/26/2014, 01:49 AM
Jeep...I just read this during my travels...(I am in the ME again...). How can a judge and a state take a child away because they differ on the medical diagnosis. In fact, this case, there seems to be a proponderence of fact that shows the girl does have this disease rather than a mental health issue. Whatever happened to parental right and parental perogative when it comes to the good will of the child. She is not being harmed, hit, malnourished, beaten, abused, verbally assaulted, etc. I would sue the hell out of the judge and the state, but unfortunately, they are protected in exercising their job... This is just wrong! And unless I hear something to the effect that is child abuse, this is state sponsored kidnapping pure and simple, just like Elian and Janet Reno.

Soonerjeepman
2/26/2014, 09:23 AM
THA, exactly. The one lawyer said they looked very hard at the parents, where are they...what they are doing, etc, before they decided to jump on board. It's frickin unbelievable.

Yermom~ specific complaint? that parent's rights are being taken away. The UN is pushing this and Clinton was a big proponent of it as first lady...we shall see ( I hope not).