PDA

View Full Version : Bedlem..round 2

Soonerjeepman
2/15/2014, 08:49 AM
round 2,

Good - smart out

Bad - osu hurting...they'll be ready to fight...
- ou lost 3/4 not shooting well

Eielson
2/15/2014, 09:20 AM
Crucial game. If we drop this one and the KSU one, we're probably not NCAA-bound, and I didn't think there was anyway I'd be saying that a week or two ago. Losing to TT at home confirms that there is no such thing as an easy win for us.

Sooner95
2/15/2014, 11:47 AM
Yes, we need this one. Osu is down right now so we need to get this road win.

I still think we are in tourney, but slipping seed spots daily it seems...

SoonerorLater
2/15/2014, 12:12 PM
If we win today we are at least back on track win-loss wise and makes a path to the NCAA a little clearer. I think if we finish 10-8 or better in conference that an NCAA slot is pretty much assured since the Big 12 has a high RPI rating. If we finish 9-9 then maybe, but it could be a roll of the dice. The upcoming games that I had mentally penciled in at the start of the conference season as wins are looking a little more iffy now.

Temujin
2/15/2014, 02:08 PM
I can't wait to see Badger's meltdown if we win today. There are sure to be some excellent insults directed at the cheerleaders, fans, refs, players, players parents, and so on.

Temujin
2/15/2014, 02:31 PM
So Neal gets smacked in the eye and he's "acting"? Even Fraschilla called BS on that statement.

badger
2/15/2014, 02:36 PM
I can't wait to see Badger's meltdown if we win today. There are sure to be some excellent insults directed at the cheerleaders, fans, refs, players, players parents, and so on.
Why wait? Op.com has been melting down since december's football loss ;) pick any thread on there right now and prepare to laugh

badger
2/15/2014, 02:36 PM
So Neal gets smacked in the eye and he's "acting"? Even Fraschilla called BS on that statement.

Forgive them, they're used to Marcus smart acting

Temujin
2/15/2014, 02:37 PM
If we win today we are at least back on track win-loss wise and makes a path to the NCAA a little clearer. I think if we finish 10-8 or better in conference that an NCAA slot is pretty much assured since the Big 12 has a high RPI rating. If we finish 9-9 then maybe, but it could be a roll of the dice. The upcoming games that I had mentally penciled in at the start of the conference season as wins are looking a little more iffy now.

Lunardi has us as a #7 seed. I'd much rather be a #5 or #6 if we're hoping to see the Sweet 16 this year. I just wish we wouldn't play badly against weak teams so much. We show up quite nicely against good/talented teams, but against WVU/TT/TCU, we just look sloppy.

Temujin
2/15/2014, 02:37 PM
Forgive them, they're used to Marcus smart acting

Ha! Good point!

SoonerBBall
2/15/2014, 02:43 PM
Man, the reffing is already god damn terrible in this game. Our guys are getting mugged when they drive with no calls, Nash and Martin are continuously over Spangler's back for rebounds, and they are calling continuation fouls for the OSU players. You have got to be kidding me.

Temujin
2/15/2014, 02:53 PM
Man, the reffing is already god damn terrible in this game. Our guys are getting mugged when they drive with no calls, Nash and Martin are continuously over Spangler's back for rebounds, and they are calling continuation fouls for the OSU players. You have got to be kidding me.

Meh, that's just the way they call the game anymore. Playing actual defense is against the rules. It is what it is, but the one that irritated me was when Fartay flailed into the lane and threw up a prayer. No one touched him, but they called a foul on Spangler. The refs are so used to calling fouls on every possession that they just blow the whistle any time an offensive player goes up, regardless of whether they were touched or not.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/15/2014, 02:54 PM
I just turned the game on. It not fun watching the aggy venue and the aggy fans and their aggy team trying to beat the beloved Sooners. I think what I dislike about basketball the most is that the non-Sooners are on offense far too much.

badger
2/15/2014, 03:05 PM
I just turned the game on. It not fun watching the aggy venue and the aggy fans and their aggy team trying to beat the beloved Sooners. I think what I dislike about basketball the most is that the non-Sooners are on offense far too much.

Yes I wish basketball had onside kick option so that ok last would never have the ball

I think we are good so long as refs don't tweet too much

Ps: tv is espn2 if you all seek to watch. Drinking game: one drink per boo at refs, two drinks for every mention of smart/Orr incident, spit drink out when you see Travis ford's jacket the first time, finish drink when osu fans start filing out due to lopsided score

Temujin
2/15/2014, 03:27 PM
I smell some excellent home-cooking.

Sooner95
2/15/2014, 03:36 PM
Back to Back treys. lets get going Sooners!!

Temujin
2/15/2014, 03:39 PM
So...Williams comes out on the other side of the rim untouched, flings the ball up toward the rim, misses, OU rebounds, and it's a foul on OU? Awesome.

Sooner95
2/15/2014, 03:52 PM
Bull**** call...

Temujin
2/15/2014, 03:52 PM
Wow, Nash taking lessons from Smart.

Eielson
2/15/2014, 03:55 PM
Back to back bad possessions by the zebras at a crucial time. Nothing new, though. Officiating has been sorry for years in Stillwater. It's the worst place to play in the conference.

Eielson
2/15/2014, 03:58 PM
Spangler not fighting on the boards because he knows the refs are looking to foul him out...

2/15/2014, 03:59 PM
Back to back bad possessions by the zebras at a crucial time. Nothing new, though. Officiating has been sorry for years in Stillwater. It's the worst place to play in the conference.y'spose T-Bone?

soonercastor
2/15/2014, 04:04 PM
can't find this game anywhere on the internet. every link I find sends me to the VCU game

Eielson
2/15/2014, 04:04 PM
Love Hield. He'd went 4-20 from 3 over the last two games, and then he comes up with 2 big ones in the last 2 minutes of a close game.

jiminy
2/15/2014, 04:07 PM
Shocked we didn't get a foul called on that Forte 3, we were within 3 feet of him

Eielson
2/15/2014, 04:09 PM
Bad play by Forte. Shooting off balance three and then waiting several seconds to foul.

Lucky bounce on the next possession kept them in game.

jiminy
2/15/2014, 04:11 PM
Im at http://lag10.com/channel26

Temujin
2/15/2014, 04:12 PM
God that jacket is ridiculous.

Eielson
2/15/2014, 04:14 PM
Press and then foul.

Sooner95
2/15/2014, 04:15 PM
Woohoo!!!!!

Eielson
2/15/2014, 04:15 PM
UGLY final play, but it's over, so I'll take it.

Temujin
2/15/2014, 04:16 PM
Well, we played 5 vs. 8 most of the 2nd half and we were sloppy at the end, but we still came away with a win. Not bad at all.

Eielson
Only thing uglier than our attempted foul was that shot. That thing wasn't even close!

jiminy
LOL We were used to touch fouls all game, so didn't foul him hard enough. Open shot from 3, threw up an airball

2/15/2014, 04:19 PM
it's an effing candy corn shame that the aggy taking that final shot put up an air ball.(prolly just to show his affiliation)

2/15/2014, 04:20 PM
God that jacket is ridiculous.their orange is so ugly it's comical. Kinda like the U of Akron calling itself the Zips.

SoonerorLater
2/15/2014, 04:22 PM
What in life is sweeter than the looks on the faces and sounds of defeat coming from the Poke Fans? Yes, life is good.

Temujin
2/15/2014, 04:32 PM
their orange is so ugly it's comical. Kinda like the U of Akron calling itself the Zips.

Orange alone is bad enough. But they went full tilt and decided on a shade that destroys the cornea.

hawaii 5-0
2/15/2014, 09:23 PM
Great win by the Sooners today. Always nice to beat Aggy on his own court (toilet).

Poor inside defense really kept the pokes in this one.

People will remember the clutch 3 pointer by Hield down the stretch and Hornbeak's game ending 4 free throws.

Me, I'll remember the key 3 pointers made by Booker and the tough rebounding by Spangler in the 1st half.

5-0

Soonerjeepman
2/15/2014, 09:24 PM
Yes I wish basketball had onside kick option so that ok last would never have the ball

they have it....in driveway ball...lol

Make it Take it....

Eielson
2/15/2014, 11:33 PM
We're safely away from the bubble. Barring some historic collapse (losing our final 6 games), we'll be in the NCAA tournament. Now we're playing for seeding.

Salt City Sooner
2/16/2014, 12:08 PM
OSU Head Coach Travis Ford
On the loss to Oklahoma:
"I thought our guys played hard and came out with a lot of spirit and a lot of energy. They made three threes down the stretch that were obviously big for them. If they miss any of those, it's a different game, but that's why you play the game. They made good shots. We couldn't make our free throws. I think we missed six or seven 1-and-1s. That's 14 points that we get no points out of. That hurts. We've got to make our free throws. We are normally pretty good at it. The guys played hard, but they just made shots down the stretch. Our defense just wasn't good enough down the stretch as far as getting the stops we needed when we needed them."
Uh, unless I'm missing something bigtime, there's no way to get 7 1 and 1's in a game. I think there's an outside chance I've been victimized by Aggie math. :D

SoonerMarkVA
2/16/2014, 01:48 PM
Uh, unless I'm missing something bigtime, there's no way to get 7 1 and 1's in a game. I think there's an outside chance I've been victimized by Aggie math. :D

Heh. I think you're right. 6 would be max.

Regardless, we did seem to have a hard time at the stripe. Luckily, Poke was pretty horrid too, with Forte missing at least 3. Gratefully, Hornbeak was gold on those last 4.

nighttrain12
2/17/2014, 09:07 PM
From a long winded article by Berry TRMale :

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-basketball-sitting-in-the-stands-at-gallagher-iba-arena/article/3934629

Which one of you guys was yelling Boomer? LMAO!

I was also impressed with the decorum of the crowd. Not a lot of vitrol directed toward the Sooners. Less grumbling about the refs than I hear at State Fair Arena for the state high school tournament. Not even much disgust toward the embattled Ford. About the only low-rent moment came during a late OSU foul shot. Some kid on the other side of the arena had been yelling “Boomer” every time OSU was about to shoot a foul shot; in a quiet arena, it stood out. Some middle-aged OSU fan finally yelled back, “White trash.” I’m not too big on the term white trash. But that was the only poor-taste thing I heard.

Piware
2/18/2014, 12:47 AM
Not me - I was yelling Sooner!