PDA

View Full Version : espn rates the big 12 nonconference schedules.

Mazeppa
2/14/2014, 10:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/80265/ranking-2014-big-12-nonconference-skeds

yermom
2/14/2014, 10:10 PM
TU, UT and tu

we should have snuck Tulane in there somewhere

picasso
2/14/2014, 10:35 PM
Or Toledo.

Mazeppa
2/14/2014, 10:42 PM
or Temple or Tulane or Troy

oupride
2/15/2014, 09:13 AM
Outside the Sooner's schedule, what do you think the most interesting game will be?

BoulderSooner79
2/15/2014, 09:40 AM
Outside the Sooner's schedule, what do you think the most interesting game will be?

Gotta go with both horn games against BYU and UCLA. I'd expect a transition year for Strong even if he succeeds long term, but some coaches have hit the ground running. OSU/FSU and WVU/'Bama and KSU/Auburn all look like mis-matches with the big12 coming up short. But early season games can yield surprises.

soonerstan56
2/15/2014, 09:44 AM

It has to be the FSU/O-State opener.I wan't to see how both teams start,could determine a lot about their seasons.

Stan

Eielson
2/15/2014, 10:12 AM
I'm intrigued slightly by WVU/Bama (this WVU team probably isn't too talented, but some of their old teams could give Bama fits), OSU/FSU (season opener against National Champs), and UT/UCLA (is Texas' new coach making quick changes to the program?), but the one I'm most interested in is the KSU/Auburn game. I could see Snyder putting something together to knock off the defending SEC Champs. I'm not really excited about NDSU vs. ISU, but I think NDSU will win that game, which could be considered interesting.

This non-conference slate seems way more interesting than normal. FSU, Auburn, Alabama, and UCLA? That would have been 3 of the 4 playoff teams last year, and UCLA may be becoming a PAC-12 power. Every team (except those wimps in Baylor) has a solid program from a major conference in their schedule. Duke, Arkansas, Minnesota and Tennessee would usually be the big non-conference games, and nobody even cares about those this year. OU could stand to benefit greatly if FSU, Auburn, Alabama, or UCLA were dealt non-conference losses.

dennis580
2/15/2014, 10:47 AM
I would have to go with the Auburn @ K. St game. I just don't give OSU or W. Virginia much of a chance at all against FSU, and Bama, but that Thursday night game at Kansas St that is the one I think the Big 12 has a decent shot at pulling the huge upset, and its very important for the conference that K. St pulls off that upset.