PDA

View Full Version : So STEP and all you other NFL Draft Gurus

olevetonahill
2/13/2014, 06:52 PM
Is there anyway Yall see JohnnyFF going # 1??

SoonerDomiNation
2/13/2014, 07:03 PM
Vet..... I'm by no means a draft expert but I'm going with jadevon clowny or maybe sammy watkins as #1. Just my opinion but I don't jff going first.

swardboy
2/13/2014, 07:09 PM
Aren't the Texans #1? I have a feeling they'll go for Johnny. QB is a huge need for them, and that would put butts in the seats. From draft guru #1,284,534.

olevetonahill
2/13/2014, 07:14 PM
Vet..... I'm by no means a draft expert but I'm going with jadevon clowny or maybe sammy watkins as #1. Just my opinion but I don't jff going first.

Aren't the Texans #1? I have a feeling they'll go for Johnny. QB is a huge need for them, and that would put butts in the seats. From draft guru #1,284,534.

Yea thats what got me wondering. Ive heard a little bit about em wantin JFF but the other side says they should grab Clowny.
Just MHO but if they take JFF #1 then they are just doing a Gimmick deal

yermom
2/13/2014, 07:32 PM
they should trade the #1 spot and get JFF anyway

Eielson
2/13/2014, 07:34 PM
I'd be surprised, but this QB class doesn't seem to have any overwhelmingly good QB's.

olevetonahill
2/13/2014, 07:36 PM
I aint got a Clue cause I dont pay Tention to the NFL. But do Yall think JFF has a chance to be a good nfl QB?

BoulderSooner79
2/13/2014, 07:56 PM
I think JFF has a shot at being a good NFL QB. A lot depends on where he lands and if he can be trained. He looks faster and more elusive than Russell Wilson, but the arm doesn't look as strong. He takes too many chances on his throws as well as taking too many hits - that's where the training comes in.

Eielson
2/13/2014, 09:27 PM
I think JFF has a shot at being a good NFL QB. A lot depends on where he lands and if he can be trained. He looks faster and more elusive than Russell Wilson, but the arm doesn't look as strong. He takes too many chances on his throws as well as taking too many hits - that's where the training comes in.

The thing about the Russell Wilson comparison (you're not the only one), is that Russell Wilson has the #4 rushing offense and #1 scoring defense in the league. Kaepernick had the #3 rushing offense and the #3 scoring defense. I'm sure Manziel would be great in similar circumstances, but those are hard to come by. Oddly enough, Houston isn't that far removed from being that kind of a team. They've lost a couple people (Williams, Winston) and suffered a few injuries (Cushing, Foster), though.

BoulderSooner79
2/13/2014, 09:52 PM
The thing about the Russell Wilson comparison (you're not the only one), is that Russell Wilson has the #4 rushing offense and #1 scoring defense in the league. Kaepernick had the #3 rushing offense and the #3 scoring defense. I'm sure Manziel would be great in similar circumstances, but those are hard to come by. Oddly enough, Houston isn't that far removed from being that kind of a team. They've lost a couple people (Williams, Winston) and suffered a few injuries (Cushing, Foster), though.

That's why I said it depends on where he lands. He doesn't have to lead a team to the Super Bowl like those other guys to be considered a good QB, so it wouldn't take the very top rushing team and defensive team to back him. But even if he lands on a good team, if he keeps making high risk throws or not protecting his body better, he won't last long. Wilson was more polished in college too, but that would be expected since he stayed to be a senior. I'll add that if he keeps taking hits, he could be more like RGIII where his ability drops way off once someone takes his knee out.

swardboy
2/13/2014, 09:54 PM
I was really impressed with the Bortles kid in his bowl game. Great size matched with mobility and good arm. He looks "NFL" all over to me.

BoulderSooner79
2/13/2014, 09:55 PM
I was really impressed with the Bortles kid in his bowl game. Great size matched with mobility and good arm. He looks "NFL" all over to me.

I think Sic'em would agree!

Eielson
2/13/2014, 10:13 PM
That's why I said it depends on where he lands. He doesn't have to lead a team to the Super Bowl like those other guys to be considered a good QB, so it wouldn't take the very top rushing team and defensive team to back him. But even if he lands on a good team, if he keeps making high risk throws or not protecting his body better, he won't last long. Wilson was more polished in college too, but that would be expected since he stayed to be a senior. I'll add that if he keeps taking hits, he could be more like RGIII where his ability drops way off once someone takes his knee out.

My point was that I don't think Wilson or Kaepernick are all that they're cracked up to be. As a Rams' fan, I fear both teams, but neither QB really strikes fear in me. Both QB's are good, but I wouldn't give up the #1 pick for either in most drafts.

BoulderSooner79
2/13/2014, 11:14 PM
My point was that I don't think Wilson or Kaepernick are all that they're cracked up to be. As a Rams' fan, I fear both teams, but neither QB really strikes fear in me. Both QB's are good, but I wouldn't give up the #1 pick for either in most drafts.

Agreed, although Kaepernick's flat out speed is fearsome by itself. He was never considered for a high pick because he was so raw - his delivery was almost side-arm. He's proof a QB can change his delivery, unlike Tebow.

Back to JFF. I sure wouldn't take him first, but there have been some crazy QB picks in the 1st round recently. The only one I would have taken #1 overall is Andrew Luck.

SoonerForLife92
2/14/2014, 01:30 AM
I aint got a Clue cause I dont pay Tention to the NFL. But do Yall think JFF has a chance to be a good nfl QB?

He has a chance but I don't see it. He doesn't have the right mind set. Or maybe he does... Idk but he seems more of a Terrell Pryor type to me, minus the talking about how much better than Kaepernick and Russell Wilson he is whilst never performing even close to that..

picasso
2/14/2014, 01:51 AM
Johnny will be a flattened d-bag if he tries running around that much at the next level.

swardboy
2/14/2014, 10:54 AM
Agreed, although Kaepernick's flat out speed is fearsome by itself. He was never considered for a high pick because he was so raw - his delivery was almost side-arm. He's proof a QB can change his delivery, unlike Tebow.

Back to JFF. I sure wouldn't take him first, but there have been some crazy QB picks in the 1st round recently. The only one I would have taken #1 overall is Andrew Luck.

I still think Kapercrap has a 3/4 arm delivery...it just looks weird. And I agree with Eielson that he and Wilson really lucked out on being later round draft choices that landed on teams that already had a lot of pieces together. I still wonder what Tebow could do with a talented team around him...somewhat like his Denver experience.

It almost makes me wish Bradford could have been taken in a later round and been surrounded by some talent. Oh well, I'm sure he has around 50,000,000 reasons for being picked up by the Rams.

badger
2/14/2014, 11:24 AM
I really thought that the new slotted slary scale would cause more teams to draft quarterbacks earlier than ever, and the first few showed signs of that (Ryan Tannehill in the first round?? Brandon Weeden in the first round?!) but then last year happened (EJ Manual and nobody else) so now I'm torn.

I really think this will go back to the previous years of overrating quarterback talent, since so many teams need new quarterbacks.

KantoSooner
2/14/2014, 11:48 AM
So you're saying Timmah has a chance?

BoulderSooner79
2/14/2014, 11:49 AM
It almost makes me wish Bradford could have been taken in a later round and been surrounded by some talent. Oh well, I'm sure he has around 50,000,000 reasons for being picked up by the Rams.

I would not have taken Bradford #1 overall, but certainly would have taken him later in the 1st round. But as you say, he gets to enjoy having the biggest rookie contract for a while. I keep hoping he gets the best of both worlds by getting traded to a good team so he can enjoy the meat of his career with a playoff contender. Tough to see it happening with the Rams, but who knows, things can change fast in the NFL.

KantoSooner
2/14/2014, 11:54 AM
Here's a, admittedly delusional, way that could happen. A team with many of the pieces together, say, the Minnesota Vikings, decides to trade some money and about fifty-leven draft picks to St Louis for Sammy.

Before you laugh, remember that the Vikings did precisely that, to the Cowboys, 25 years ago. Or so. Maybe longer. I'm getting old.

badger
2/14/2014, 11:57 AM
So you're saying Timmah has a chance?

He certainly has his supporters (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cleveland-browns-why-roll-dice-johnny-manziel-tim-160900625--nfl.html).

BoulderSooner79
2/14/2014, 12:30 PM
Here's a, admittedly delusional, way that could happen. A team with many of the pieces together, say, the Minnesota Vikings, decides to trade some money and about fifty-leven draft picks to St Louis for Sammy.

Before you laugh, remember that the Vikings did precisely that, to the Cowboys, 25 years ago. Or so. Maybe longer. I'm getting old.

Yeah, the Vikes traded away their team to get Hershel Walker. The problem with that story is that it was the Cowboys that walked away from that deal with a multi-super bowl winning team while the Vikes just got an aging Hershel Walker. I wouldn't want that to happen to Sammy.

KantoSooner
2/14/2014, 12:35 PM
I don't want that either. Just saying that such ridiculous trades have happened before.

Aries
2/14/2014, 01:06 PM
Sammy's best chance is with the Rams. They are in the third year of a three year plan to rebuild through the draft, and while their record in 2013 did not seem like it (there was quite a bit of adversity, more than in 2012) they have improved each of the last two years. This is a whole new regime from the owner down, so everything you know about the Rams prior to 2012 is irrelevant.

badger
2/14/2014, 01:11 PM
Sammy's best chance is with the Rams.
Is it blind Sooner support that wants me to see Sammie succeed so badly? I agree that the Rams have the most invested with him and he'll have his best shot at NFL success by staying the course.

BUT, there's multiple (http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/05/salary-cap-cuts-sam-bradford-julius-peppers/) reports out there (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/nfl/video-sam-bradford-cut-him-or-keep-him/article_51ad7020-902d-11e3-8db1-0017a43b2370.html) there that suggest it's time for the Rams to cut him, draft a new guy for less money and have additional cap space to work with. :(

BoulderSooner79
2/14/2014, 01:30 PM
Is it blind Sooner support that wants me to see Sammie succeed so badly? I agree that the Rams have the most invested with him and he'll have his best shot at NFL success by staying the course.

BUT, there's multiple (http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/05/salary-cap-cuts-sam-bradford-julius-peppers/) reports out there (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/nfl/video-sam-bradford-cut-him-or-keep-him/article_51ad7020-902d-11e3-8db1-0017a43b2370.html) there that suggest it's time for the Rams to cut him, draft a new guy for less money and have additional cap space to work with. :(

I wouldn't call it blind Sooner support - you seem to be fully aware of it. :) Sammy just comes across as a good person, so I doubt there are many (non-horns) routing against him.

I doubt the Rams decision makers are swayed by those reports, but I think Sam would bounce right back with another team if it happened. And I think the resulting pay cut would be temporary.

Aries
2/14/2014, 01:39 PM
>>Is it blind Sooner support<<

Probably. Me too. :)

What I meant by that is the Rams have a good chance of being in the top half of teams in 2014, and several of the other teams likely to be in the top half would not be interested. Any chance he goes to Denver (assuming Elway returns)? Seattle? San Francisco? Green Bay?

Not much x 4

So any other team he goes to is more likely to be in the bottom half than the Rams are.

Those aren't reports, they are reporters outside of St. Louis speculating about what the Rams should/might do. Everyone IN St. Louis including the Rams are saying that's not about to happen.

Yeah, I know. They don't always announce what they are considering doing, but they are publicly adamant about that, and these guys (Fisher, Snead, Demoff, Kroenke) do not have a history of blowing smoke then doing something different from what they've said. They may do that some day, but until they do I'll take their word at face value, at least as far as what is LIKELY to happen.

At least for 2014, it appears that Sam the Ram is the Man. Beyond that, who knows....

PalmBeachSooner
2/14/2014, 01:53 PM
I can't see JFF leading any team to a super bowl win. Isn't that what all teams ultimately want? Even with a solid defense and a strong running game I don't know if JFF can be consistent enough in 3rd down situations to keep drives alive and therefore fewer points on the board. He is going to have to make plays with his arm. Not sure how he will do against NFL defenses.

olevetonahill
2/14/2014, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't call it blind Sooner support - you seem to be fully aware of it. :) Sammy just comes across as a good person, so I doubt there are many (non-horns) routing against him.

I doubt the Rams decision makers are swayed by those reports, but I think Sam would bounce right back with another team if it happened. And I think the resulting pay cut would be temporary.

He has a 50Mil Garendamteed Contract. Where a CUT gonna come in?

badger
2/14/2014, 01:59 PM

To my knowledge, they've already paid him the $50 million guaranteed, which means that any time left on his contract can be cut loose for free.

Bradford is due more than $14 million in base salary next season, and the Rams could save $10.4 million by cutting him (with about $7 million in dead money)

It's an option, considering that a drafted quarterback would probably cost less and sadly, Sammie hasn't led the Rams to the playoffs yet.

I can't see JFF leading any team to a super bowl win
No probably not, considering the closest he got A&M to an SEC title was the year before last when they beat Bammer (but lost to LSU and Florida at home)

BoulderSooner79
2/14/2014, 03:09 PM

I mean if the Rams released him, his contract with another team would probably be smaller. But if he produced like I think he is capable, the contract would be reworked in a few seasons. I figure that 50M guaranteed would have his goals more towards success on the field than $$, but I'm projecting how I'd feel, no doubt.

swardboy
2/14/2014, 03:17 PM
The thing about JFF and the Texans is, they were supposed to be THE team in 2013. I'm not hip to all the intricacies of their situation and why they dropped off the cliff last year, but it seems that the lack of production at QB was a major factor. That could be due to injuries on offense, but maybe they're right back to strength in 2014. Johnny could be walking into an unusual first round situation...which won't require him to run for his life every pass attempt. Man, I can't wait for the draft to see where Manziel winds up, and how the Rams continue to play their incredible haul of riches from the RGIII trade up.

badger
2/14/2014, 03:27 PM
how the Rams continue to play their incredible haul of riches from the RGIII trade up.

Here's hoping they dupe another team out of more first round picks in exchange for this year's No. 2... and that they finally get out of the NFL's "lottery" region of the first round by next year

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/14/2014, 03:53 PM

Badg, the reason they are saying that is Sam's 17M cap number is a big target. The problem is that number isn't that bad for the position. The 3 contracts that I personally think are killing them are -> Chris Long 14M, Finnegan 10M and Laurenitis 10M. Laurenitis being the worst of the bunch since he is the 2nd highest paid ILB in the league, followed by Finnegan.

That being said, here is the strategic problem for the Rams.

If they cut Sam by Jun 1, they save 14M on the cap this year (enough to go get 2 FAs). However, then they have to make a decision -> retain Kellen Clemons (one of the FAs) or use their #2 pick on a QB. That is a TOUGH decision since most non-#1 overall QBs aren't very good unless you can ease them in by having a great defense. The rams do not have a great defense.

If they retain Sam and restructure his contract, they can move his cap number from 17M to 10M and get a good bargain at QB. What this allows them to do is shop the #2 pick around again for future draft picks. Picks that can be used to not pay above average guys like Laurenitis/Chris Long more than they are worth.

As an aside, one of the things that I think Pete Carroll learned at USC is the ability to be open to talent coming from anywhere, not just his draft. He has a lot of UDFA starters that a lot of other organizations wouldn't have even given a tryout. Those other organizations are now going to go out and OVERPAY for those UDFAs in free agency and Carroll will probably end up with extra compensatory picks for them. This just isn't a strategy the guys that only spend time in the NFL seem ready to embrace.

Mac94
2/14/2014, 04:14 PM
I would be suprised to see Houston take Manziel ... way to much of a risk for the #1 overall. They'll either trade down or take Clowney IMHO ... seems the smartest route and the Texans haven't been a franchise to take alot of draft risks ... and Manziel doesn't seem to fit the more pro style QB I think Houston's new coach would prefer.

Eielson
2/14/2014, 05:14 PM
Sam isn't going anywhere. The Rams are getting restless with all these losing seasons, and now that they finally have a genuine playoff-caliber team, they're not going to throw that away. If Sam struggles this season or gets hurt again, then the Rams might consider cutting him, but he's safe for now. Last year Sam had a QB Rating of over 90, which was good for 11th in the NFL. 17M isn't that bad for a top 10 QB, and those numbers were early in the season. Stacy emerged late in the season, Austin started slowly, and Snead (Rams GM) has been saying year 3 is when Quick is supposed to start being productive. Bailey was even starting to impress towards the end of the season. Long is recovering from ACL surgery, but he should only miss a couple games if I'm not mistaken, and the Rams could potentially be adding a big-time OT in Matthews or Robinson. Fisher isn't big on taking offensive linemen early, but it might be hard for him to pass up on one this year.

A lot of people on here are hoping that Sam gets traded. I don't see the logic. Yes, Sam WAS on a bad team, but getting traded wouldn't change the past. He's not on a bad team now. They went 7-9 last year despite being the youngest team in the NFL and having Kellen Clemens starting at QB for most of the year. They struggled in the NFC West, but that division has the two best teams in the league (and 3 teams with 10+ wins), and they blew out a couple of teams that won playoff games (Colts, Saints...also blew out the Bears) late in the season. Sam is on one of the best teams he could be on. The Rams have a really stout defense, a RB who almost had 1000 yards as a rookie, an LT that has recently been All-Pro, and several weapons in the passing game.

Laurinaitis and Long weren't exactly bargains, but they're worth what they're being paid. Finnegan is the horrible contract, and that's because he's fallen off pretty dramatically. Hopefully he bounces back, but I'm not optimistic. Laurinaitis and Long are the leaders of this team. They work really hard, stay out of trouble, and are very disciplined players. Having those two as the leaders of your team allows you take on guys with questionable histories like Jenkins and Ogletree. Those guys are also cheap draft picks that make up for the extra money. Long and Laurinaitis have also played every single game in their careers. They're expensive players, but Long would have had his 3rd straight 10+ sack season if it weren't for Quinn, and Laurinaitis has had over 100 tackles every season (top 10 in league a couple times) and is top 10 in several pass coverage stats.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/14/2014, 05:45 PM
Laurinaitis and Long weren't exactly bargains, but they're worth what they're being paid. Finnegan is the horrible contract, and that's because he's fallen off pretty dramatically. Hopefully he bounces back, but I'm not optimistic. Laurinaitis and Long are the leaders of this team. They work really hard, stay out of trouble, and are very disciplined players. Having those two as the leaders of your team allows you take on guys with questionable histories like Jenkins and Ogletree. Those guys are also cheap draft picks that make up for the extra money. Long and Laurinaitis have also played every single game in their careers. They're expensive players, but Long would have had his 3rd straight 10+ sack season if it weren't for Quinn, and Laurinaitis has had over 100 tackles every season (top 10 in league a couple times) and is top 10 in several pass coverage stats.

You have to look at this from a value perspective, 4 guys (Bradford, Long, Laurenitis, Finnegan) are responsible for 40% of the Rams Salary Cap.

Laurenitis: http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries-cap.php?Position=ILB&Year=2014

He is being paid twice the amount as the other Pro Bowlers. That is bad value.

Now look at Chris Long: http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries-cap.php?Position=43DE&Year=2014

He is the #4 highest cap hit with 10 sacks. Once again, this is bad value.

Bad teams tend to overpay their better players because they think losing them will cause them to get worse. The Rams are in no way the worst offender of this (see Cowboys, Dallas) and most of these contracts were inherited by Fisher (though the Finnegan contract is on him). The problem is that you HAVE to let other teams overpay for guys and then bring in guys with better value.

olevetonahill
2/14/2014, 06:21 PM
Back to JFF. The dude is an Arrogant little shatheaded Punk

Manziel dares Texans not to pick him

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/manziel-dares-texans-not-pick-him?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

East Coast Bias
2/14/2014, 06:36 PM
That big WR on JFF's team made him look good as a passer. That kid will be an impact player at the next level....

Eielson
2/14/2014, 07:42 PM
You have to look at this from a value perspective, 4 guys (Bradford, Long, Laurenitis, Finnegan) are responsible for 40% of the Rams Salary Cap.

Laurenitis: http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries-cap.php?Position=ILB&Year=2014

He is being paid twice the amount as the other Pro Bowlers. That is bad value.

Now look at Chris Long: http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries-cap.php?Position=43DE&Year=2014

He is the #4 highest cap hit with 10 sacks. Once again, this is bad value.

Bad teams tend to overpay their better players because they think losing them will cause them to get worse. The Rams are in no way the worst offender of this (see Cowboys, Dallas) and most of these contracts were inherited by Fisher (though the Finnegan contract is on him). The problem is that you HAVE to let other teams overpay for guys and then bring in guys with better value.

Several other things come into play with these two guys. The passion and work ethic these guys have has changed the atmosphere of the of the entire team. It's hard to quantify that, and I know you don't like to mess with things that don't have numbers involved, but the fact that they have played all 16 games in their 11 combined seasons is pretty telling. As I mentioned earlier, they're also high character guys that stay out of trouble. When those are the two leaders of your team, it makes it much easier to take on guys like Jenkins and Ogletree who are huge bargains, so in a sense, they're earning money back for the team in that way. Lastly, what would they do with that extra money? St. Louis wasn't exactly a hot spot that FA's were flocking to, and even if they were, what kind of prices would they come at? You're not going to find a guy who is getting 10+ sacks a year that is still in his 20's for anything close to resembling "good value". The Rams have loaded up on picks, so they can afford those kinds of salaries right now. They won't need the money until these young picks start needing new contracts.

Speaking of that, Laurinaitis' contract looks pretty good to me. It was loaded up in the front, so he got 12.4M last year, and will get 10.4M this coming year. His contract drops to 4.025M the next year, which probably not by coincidence, is the year that Robert Quinn is due for an extension. I'm a little concerned about paying what will probably be about 30M a year for two DE's, but this duo just might be worth it. If I were GM I'd look into trading Quinn (for a LOT in return) before his extension and drafting Clowney. It's hard to trade somebody of Quinn's caliber and age, though.

I understand your concerns about value, but all in all, I think the Rams managed their contracts pretty well here. After this season, they will only have 5.8M total in dead money combined between Long, Finnegan, and Laurinaitis. Just under 10M if you throw in Bradford.

swardboy
2/15/2014, 04:56 PM
I knew the little dickhead couldn't keep his mouth shut (from csnhouston.com :

Johnny Manziel essentially is daring the Texans not to pick him in the upcoming NFL Draft. If he falls to a division rival such as the Jaguars instead, who have the third overall pick, Manziel suggested he'd have more motivation to make the Texans regret that choice.
"It would be the worst decision they've ever made," Manziel told the Houston Chronicle (http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/From-Johnny-Football-to-Johnny-Manziel-The-5235518.php?t=c80d489e2a2b1a0ac9#/0). "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."
Manziel has made it clear he wants to be a Houston Texan. He wants to be the number-one overall pick. He wants to stay in his home state of Texas and play with such Texans stars as Andre Johnson, J.J. Watt, and Brian Cushing.
"I want them to say absolutely, without a doubt, with 100 percent certainty, that I'm who they want," Manziel said in the Chronicle report.
"I want everybody from the janitor at Reliant Stadium, to the front office executive assistant, all the way up to Bob McNair to say, 'This kid is 100 percent, can't miss. This is who we want being the face of our program. We want the Texas kid staying in Texas and leading the Texans.'"

BoulderSooner79
2/15/2014, 05:10 PM
I don't think JFF understands human motivation. Maybe the Texans' brass will take this as something positive, but I wouldn't bet money on it. Or maybe JFF is really sly and his statement is to try to secure the 3rd pick with the Jags if he thinks the Texans have already decided on Clowney.

olevetonahill
2/15/2014, 06:20 PM
Back to JFF. The dude is an Arrogant little shatheaded Punk

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/manziel-dares-texans-not-pick-him?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

I knew the little dickhead couldn't keep his mouth shut (from csnhouston.com :

Johnny Manziel essentially is daring the Texans not to pick him in the upcoming NFL Draft. If he falls to a division rival such as the Jaguars instead, who have the third overall pick, Manziel suggested he'd have more motivation to make the Texans regret that choice.
"It would be the worst decision they've ever made," Manziel told the Houston Chronicle (http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/From-Johnny-Football-to-Johnny-Manziel-The-5235518.php?t=c80d489e2a2b1a0ac9#/0). "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."
Manziel has made it clear he wants to be a Houston Texan. He wants to be the number-one overall pick. He wants to stay in his home state of Texas and play with such Texans stars as Andre Johnson, J.J. Watt, and Brian Cushing.
"I want them to say absolutely, without a doubt, with 100 percent certainty, that I'm who they want," Manziel said in the Chronicle report.
"I want everybody from the janitor at Reliant Stadium, to the front office executive assistant, all the way up to Bob McNair to say, 'This kid is 100 percent, can't miss. This is who we want being the face of our program. We want the Texas kid staying in Texas and leading the Texans.'"

Heh

Eielson
2/15/2014, 06:50 PM
They should just draft Clowney, so that either he or Watt will get Manziel carted off the field twice a year.

Salt City Sooner
2/16/2014, 02:09 AM
"I want everybody from the janitor at Reliant Stadium, to the front office executive assistant, all the way up to Bob McNair to say, 'This kid is 100 percent, can't miss.
Gee John, maybe you should've thought of that before all the off the field antics because I'm pretty sure that thanks to those, you can kiss the thought of hearing those words any time soon goodbye.

SoonerDomiNation
2/16/2014, 01:58 PM
JFF is a punk *** lil bish...someone is going to cold **** his *** into the next century in the nfl. And I hope I'm watchin the game when it happens. Dont get me wrong I hope the kid don't get hurt just wanting someone to shut his mouth.

swardboy
2/16/2014, 04:56 PM
Dont get me wrong I hope the kid don't get hurt just wanting someone to shut his mouth.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought getting one's *** cold**** into the next century was rather painful.

SoonerDomiNation
2/16/2014, 08:16 PM
I meant seriously hurt.....

olevetonahill
2/16/2014, 08:22 PM
I meant seriously hurt.....

That would seriously HURT my old ***.:concern:

SoonerDomiNation
2/16/2014, 08:49 PM
Lol vet.. me 2

Curly Bill
2/16/2014, 11:06 PM

No I don't. What made him a good college player was when he was running around making things happen. He'll get killed in the NFL doing that, and I don't think he's gonna set the world on fire as a pocket passer.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/18/2014, 09:06 AM
Possibly..Yes.. Although not throwing at the combine doesnt help.

Talked to a guy this weekend that said if there wasn't such a need for QB, none of the guys in this draft would be in his top 35.

I still think Bridgewater will be considered also.

badger
2/18/2014, 09:19 AM

Talked to a guy this weekend that said if there wasn't such a need for QB, none of the guys in this draft would be in his top 35.

Is veteran quarterback salary a big factor? Get a starter on the cheap while you still can (aka rookie deals)?

olevetonahill
2/18/2014, 09:54 AM

Ok bro Forgive me, were you responding to My Original question? are you saying he May go #1?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/18/2014, 10:00 AM
Ok bro Forgive me, were you responding to My Original question? are you saying he May go #1?

Yeah, I thought I hit reply with quote...

olevetonahill
2/18/2014, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I thought I hit reply with quote...

No Prob bro. Maybe its just me but I dont see him as much of a NFL QB, But I mostly a spectator and Not even much of one. :D

Bourbon St Sooner
2/18/2014, 02:07 PM
Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."

WTF does that mean? Does having a Dorito on your shoulder make you more motivated than having a Frito on your shoulder? What if you had a Pringles? Or a BBQ Lay's?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/18/2014, 03:21 PM
Just sat through a Mayock teleconference..Mayock said he was a tough eval.. Said that NFL teams would pick up on that the just doesn't like staying in the pocket..That Bortles/Bridgewater/Manziel could be thrown up in the air and drafted in any order..Likes Manziel to the Browns.

badger
2/18/2014, 03:24 PM
WTF does that mean? Does having a Dorito on your shoulder make you more motivated than having a Frito on your shoulder? What if you had a Pringles? Or a BBQ Lay's?

Yeah, even the crazy Aggies are making jokes about Doritos now

Likes Manziel to the Browns

Hehe, I like this idea too. Cleveland: Where NFL talent goes to lose