PDA

View Full Version : Ford Era Almost Over

Eielson
2/9/2014, 12:23 AM
Here's the latest:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10426105/marcus-smart-oklahoma-state-cowboys-shoves-fan

I don't want to say it's their program's all-time low, but things are certainly getting historically bad. It was fun to watch their dream team fall apart at first, but it's almost painful at this point. If they don't get this turned around quick, they're not even going to make the NCAA Tournament. If Ford is still coaching at this time next year, then he earned it, because he has his work cut out for him. Sitting Smart down indefinitely might just be exactly what this team needs.

Piware
2/9/2014, 01:07 AM
What a classic demonstration of the Poke mentality demonstrated tonight. The whole program is a disgrace e to the State of Oklahoma.

Piware
2/9/2014, 01:09 AM
Here's the latest:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10426105/marcus-smart-oklahoma-state-cowboys-shoves-fan

I don't want to say it's their program's all-time low, but things are certainly getting historically bad. It was fun to watch their dream team fall apart at first, but it's almost painful at this point. If they don't get this turned around quick, they're not even going to make the NCAA Tournament. If Ford is still coaching at this time next year, then he earned it, because he has his work cut out for him. Sitting Smart down indefinitely might just be exactly what this team needs.

Maybe they can go to the prison rodeo in McAlester. Pissing out car windows and attacking fans seem to be the primary talents of this team.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2014, 01:55 AM
but but, but...they've got all that benefactor money. This ain't supposed to happen.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/9/2014, 08:59 AM
Check out the comments section of the article. There is some video of the same fan at another game. Guy is a typical lowlife fan.

tycat947
2/9/2014, 01:00 PM
but but, but...they've got all that benefactor money. This ain't supposed to happen.

IMO, the benefactor money (Booger Pickens) is at the root of all their problems! He only agreed to give the money if "his choice" was made AD (Holder) and "his choice" for president (Hargis) was made. He didn't just donate the money and keep quiet, he took over running the whole school and running his mouth every chance the cameras were in his face, of which he solicited. They sold their souls to the devil and they are reaping what they sewed!

picasso
2/9/2014, 02:21 PM
Ford will be back.

Therealsouthsider
2/9/2014, 02:38 PM
...Smarts rabbit ears and maturity level will serve him well in the d-league

ss

I Am Right
2/9/2014, 02:41 PM
who cares what kind of fan he is, Marcus pushed him, NO excuse!!

Eielson
2/9/2014, 03:28 PM
Ford will be back.

I hope your right, but the wheels are coming off, and I expect OSU to clean house and start over unless something miraculous happens. A Smart suspension could spark that, though.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/9/2014, 03:38 PM
who cares what kind of fan he is, Marcus pushed him, NO excuse!!

Oh, I agree. I have never liked or respected Smart. He always seemed so arrogant and overinflated.

But, the fan is a loser, too!

Piware
2/9/2014, 03:50 PM
Dance with the devil he gets to lead.

olevetonahill
2/9/2014, 06:00 PM
Check out the comments section of the article. There is some video of the same fan at another game. Guy is a typical lowlife fan.

That was apparently assaulted by a Lower life player.

2/9/2014, 06:05 PM
Check out the comments section of the article. There is some video of the same fan at another game. Guy is a typical lowlife fan.And, he got the aggy to bite. Shouldn't surprise anyone.

Eielson
2/9/2014, 06:09 PM

Brian Davis didn't physically go after him, though. That's the difference.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/9/2014, 06:55 PM
Smart to be suspended 3 games.

olevetonahill
2/9/2014, 06:58 PM
Smart to be suspended 3 games.

Aint that sompun? is the white guy gonna press charges?

2/9/2014, 07:01 PM
Suspension should start with the NCAA tournament, if they are in it.

Eielson
2/9/2014, 07:07 PM
In all honesty, I think our game against OSU just got harder this week. I wish Smart were playing.

Boomer.....
2/10/2014, 08:50 AM
The lack of depth will hurt them though.

badger
2/10/2014, 09:23 AM
In the next hour I will attempt to return to OP to do another meltdown post on their latest player issues (I did one for Stevie Clark getting the boot so it's only fair). Even in the game thread, a few were trying to justify what Marcus did.

My question: If Marcus shoves the old guy for allegedly saying the n-word, can you imagine what that chair on OSU's bench (during WVU game) must have said to get Marcus to repeatedly kick it?

tycat947
2/10/2014, 11:55 AM
In the next hour I will attempt to return to OP to do another meltdown post on their latest player issues (I did one for Stevie Clark getting the boot so it's only fair). Even in the game thread, a few were trying to justify what Marcus did.

My question: If Marcus shoves the old guy for allegedly saying the n-word, can you imagine what that chair on OSU's bench (during WVU game) must have said to get Marcus to repeatedly kick it?

UNPRINTABLE!!!

Turd_Ferguson
2/10/2014, 01:04 PM

Funny how now we're told the N word was never used...

badger
2/10/2014, 01:26 PM

Tech released a video clip where you can hear someone call Marcus a "piece of crap" but you cannot hear the N-word. That's not to say it didn't happen, it just makes Orr's side a bit more plausible than a player who seems to have a short fuse.

2/10/2014, 01:39 PM
Kinda sad what aggy benefactor money buys. Oh well, "if it walks like a duck"(sheep) etc.

Eielson
2/10/2014, 05:13 PM
I really wish we hadn't had our home game against OSU yet. I would have loved to hear the "piece of crap" chants all game from our student section.

badger
2/10/2014, 05:27 PM
I really wish we hadn't had our home game against OSU yet. I would have loved to hear the "piece of crap" chants all game from our student section.

Longhorns are too classy to do anything above a whisper when Poke visits Tuesday... oh wait that's just poor attendance Hook em

jiminy
2/10/2014, 07:50 PM
In all honesty, I think our game against OSU just got harder this week. I wish Smart were playing.
I think you're right... still a lot of talent there, and Smart was a liability in the game at OU. Really need to keep Forte from getting hot.

birddog
2/10/2014, 08:31 PM
It is completely out of character for me to have a soft spot for anything aggy but I find myself pulling for smart. He didn't deck the guy, but he did cross the line. I just can't really say I blame him for what he did. Never walked in their oversized shoes before. This is all based on my belief that the fan said something far worse than he admits. It's just a word that dehumanizes them and I just don't think it's right. What is wrong with me??

NorthernIowaSooner
2/10/2014, 09:18 PM

I will take back what I said in the other thread if he didn't say anything racial. The fan should not be disciplined by Tech. Calling a teenager a piece of crap is still stupid but it makes Smart look much worse and the suspension of only three games look even more ridiculous.

2/10/2014, 11:53 PM
I will take back what I said in the other thread if he didn't say anything racial. The fan should not be disciplined by Tech. Calling a teenager a piece of crap is still stupid but it makes Smart look much worse and the suspension of only three games look even more ridiculous.birdog, Smart is aggy. He went there on purpose. He was drawn there like a dung beetle goes and finds the elephants. What he did should not surprise, nor dismay you.

MichiganSooner
2/11/2014, 10:42 PM
At the beginning of halftime, Texas was ahead of OSU something like 54-33. A reporter interviewed Coach Barnes as he was heading to the locker room. One of her questions went something like this: "your team is up by more than 20 points even though your LEADING SCORER is NOT playing tonight; how are the Longhorns doing it?" I can only imagine what was going through the minds of Cowboy fans when that question was asked. They are busy blaming a TacoTeck booster because their star player is suspended and Texas is kicking Pokes butt with their top scorer not even in the game.

Eielson
2/12/2014, 12:17 AM
It got even uglier tonight. Hopefully we continue the trend this week.

Eielson
2/17/2014, 11:30 PM
Ford will be back.

Still think so? The counts up to 7.

picasso
2/17/2014, 11:37 PM
I'm not losing sleep over it.

badger
2/18/2014, 09:15 AM
Who needed the win more? That was Poke's 10th loss this season, whereas Baylor's now at 9.

Eielson
2/18/2014, 08:11 PM
Who needed the win more? That was Poke's 10th loss this season, whereas Baylor's now at 9.

OSU did. As bad as Baylor has been, they don't have any Mini-Artests running around causing drama.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/19/2014, 07:56 AM
Ford is toast. Dry. White. Toast.

badger
2/19/2014, 09:15 AM
Ford is toast. Dry. White. Toast.

But if that piece of toast was owed $12 million, would you throw it in the trash, or become all cheapskate and remark "That's still a good piece of toast! No mold, tastes the same as less dry toast and is just as white!"

TheHumanAlphabet
2/19/2014, 12:53 PM
I can't see aggy shelling our $12M unless booger says so...

badger
2/19/2014, 01:10 PM
Just so it doesn't appear that I'm pulling numbers out of thin air (and I kind of was... I just recalled seeing that number during one of my many meltdown entries off OP lately...):

Travis Ford contract info (via okstate.com) (http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091109aaa.html)

Cliff's Notes:
- 10-year contract through the 2018-19 season
- $2.8 million for the final four years of the contract
- $1.8 million this and next year
- No buyout unless another team hires him away (then it's $3 million)

1.8+2.8+2.8+2.8+2.8=$13 million owed for every year after this year through the end of the contract.

So, when OSU fans curse the infamous 10-year contract, this is why! It's backloaded AND there's NO cheaper buyout!

How does that bread taste, OSU? It tastes dry, white and toasty! Om nom nom nom

OU_Sooners75
2/19/2014, 01:24 PM
It is completely out of character for me to have a soft spot for anything aggy but I find myself pulling for smart. He didn't deck the guy, but he did cross the line. I just can't really say I blame him for what he did. Never walked in their oversized shoes before. This is all based on my belief that the fan said something far worse than he admits. It's just a word that dehumanizes them and I just don't think it's right. What is wrong with me??

What?

Are you talking about the same word that they call each other on a daily basis? Hell, they call each other that in every other sentence nowadays.

The N is thrown around way too often in the black community. They "dehumanize" themselves on a regular basis.

Eielson
2/19/2014, 03:57 PM
Just so it doesn't appear that I'm pulling numbers out of thin air (and I kind of was... I just recalled seeing that number during one of my many meltdown entries off OP lately...):

Travis Ford contract info (via okstate.com) (http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091109aaa.html)

Cliff's Notes:
- 10-year contract through the 2018-19 season
- $2.8 million for the final four years of the contract
- $1.8 million this and next year
- No buyout unless another team hires him away (then it's $3 million)

1.8+2.8+2.8+2.8+2.8=$13 million owed for every year after this year through the end of the contract.

So, when OSU fans curse the infamous 10-year contract, this is why! It's backloaded AND there's NO cheaper buyout!

How does that bread taste, OSU? It tastes dry, white and toasty! Om nom nom nom

Woah....

I knew they'd have to eat some money, but I didn't realize it was that much. That makes bad contracts look good. I guess they're stuck with Ford! I'll never understand how this guy got a 10 year contract with no cheap buyout. He's been coaching 13 years, and has never even made it to the Sweet 16.

badger
2/19/2014, 05:11 PM
OSU basketball was hungry for a season like they had in 2008-09, after which OSU gave Travis his infamous 10-year deal. They had three-straight NIT years (all with first round exits) since going to the Sweet 16 in 04-05 (and 2004 Final Four). Perhaps Holder et al thought that they could put Ford and popular OSU basketball on autopilot while they focused all efforts on building football up to Big 12 standards.

About the only way that they get out of this Travis Ford deal is:
- Firing him and paying $13 million
- Another school hires him (and they they get paid $3 million)
- He is caught doing something horrid that justifies a for-cause fire

Unfortunately for OSU, Travis Ford is exactly who you'd want off court. He went to volunteer to help Moore tornado victims, he was there for the women's team after Kurt Budke and the others died in the plane crash (and continues Budke Bedl@m orange jacket tradition today) and makes multiple student union appearances every year asking students to bring back the rowdy.

Before you call OSU too dumb, remember that we also were begging for basketball greatness to return at one point and also paid a lot of money to a coach in hopes of getting our basketball pride restored. Of course, we got Lon Kruger, a proven winner with a solid track record and major programs, not someone who won at... Eastern Kentucky and UMass, heh

picasso
2/20/2014, 12:44 PM
I'm afraid Poke ball died in the bottom of a whiskey glass.
He resurrected that program that had been dead for 20 years.

Bye.