PDA

View Full Version : Julian Wilson on argument in Sugar Bowl, "I was right."

NorthernIowaSooner
2/7/2014, 06:40 PM
http://newsok.com/julian-wilson-i-was-right-in-sugar-bowl-spat-with-gabe-lynn/article/3931572

I find this hard to believe because a good chunk of the defense looked pissed at him and were in his face but perhaps he was lined up correctly...

8timechamps
2/7/2014, 07:15 PM
http://newsok.com/julian-wilson-i-was-right-in-sugar-bowl-spat-with-gabe-lynn/article/3931572

I find this hard to believe because a good chunk of the defense looked pissed at him and were in his face but perhaps he was lined up correctly...

Me too. There were a couple of times previous to that incident when Lynn was trying to set Wilson, so I'm still convinced Lynn was correct. Of course, we don't know what the actual argument was about. Nonetheless, Wilson is right about one thing; that kind of stuff happens a lot, it just got more hype because a timeout was called. I still loved that it happened. Showed emotion and fire on everyone's part (and trust from the coaches to let them sort it out).

Mazeppa
2/7/2014, 11:28 PM
It's over, we won, time to move on. :)

Temujin
2/8/2014, 07:20 PM
Julian Wilson is a great athlete and has tons of potential. But that play wasn't the only time he's lined up wrong or done something stupid.

Widescreen
2/8/2014, 08:01 PM
Here was Gabe's twitter response:

Gabriel Lynn ‏@Gabelynn9 Feb 7

@jasonkersey @JWilson_2 there is 2 sides to every story in this case the whole defense was on mine but I guess you guys got it figured out

yermom
2/8/2014, 10:03 PM
it kinda sounds like he was being funny

cleller
2/9/2014, 06:34 PM
A Bama receiver lined up completely uncovered. Wilson was the nickelback, but lined up inside, on the line of scrimmage.

Don't know what is supposed to happen in the scheme, but everyone else on the field seemed to believe Wilson's responsibility was to pick up that open receiver.

nativesooner
2/12/2014, 10:57 AM
Julian probably should have responded that it didn't matter. I'm surprised he still wants to even talk about it. Bob will probably tell him the next time some idiot reporter asks him about it, he needs to move on to the next question. I'm guessing if Colvin and Lynn, two SENIORS and about 10 other guys on the D are cussing you, then you probably aren't doing something right.

KantoSooner
2/12/2014, 11:19 AM
Keep in mind that nickelbacks and linebackers are not known for their skills in diplomacy or compromise bias. Right up there with nose tackles in that regard.

SoonerForLife92
2/13/2014, 06:12 PM
Julian Wilson is a complete idiot. I hope someone takes his starting spot next year if he keeps this "i'm always right" attitude. He has always acted like this, not just in this games.

LakeRat
2/17/2014, 03:53 PM
After this play, I text my buddy and said "GAME"! Best fire I have seen out of players in a long time.