PDA

View Full Version : Blake Bell, The Consumate Team Player

FaninAma
2/6/2014, 02:59 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-football-blake-bell-to-remain-at-ou-switches-to-tight-end/article/3930901

Kid has a great career ahead of him in coaching when he finishes playing if that is what he chooses.

He is one of my all-time favorite Sooners.

“Over the break, he wasn't sure what he was going to do. He approached me when I got back into town, and we had a conversation. He said, ‘Listen, I want to play at the University of Oklahoma. I'm a Sooner. I believe we've got a chance to do something special here.'”

badger
2/6/2014, 05:31 PM
I feel like going on a Gundy tirade on his behalf :(

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2014, 05:42 PM
I feel like going on a Gundy tirade on his behalf :(

Please, not until you're 40 (and a tranny).

8timechamps
2/6/2014, 05:53 PM
I have no reason to believe he will be anything but successful at TE.

Love this kid!

Harris County Sooner
2/6/2014, 08:14 PM
It will be great to have him on the field instead of on the bench. He will get more satisfaction too.

yermom
2/6/2014, 08:51 PM
well, he is being pragmatic

he's been a team player all along

he's obviously got heart.

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2014, 09:56 PM
well, he is being pragmatic

Agreed. Transferring wilh 1 season left could easily turn out the way it did for Drew Allen. It's tough to switch to a new program and coach(es) and hope to thrive. I think Bell has a better chance of PT staying at QB, but the odds are it would only be mop-up or filling in for an injury. It will be tough winning the job at a new position while competing against guys that have been there for a while. But he'll get quality PT if he can win the job, and we don't have any returning stars at TE.

kevpks
2/6/2014, 10:18 PM
I'm really excited to see the versatility of the offense next year. I think Bell can be a big part of that.

ouwasp
2/6/2014, 11:51 PM
Proud of Blake...what a level head the young man has. Bet he will make a fine son-in-law for some lucky couple.

Soonerjeepman
2/7/2014, 09:30 AM
lining up in TE, does a step back, so it's a lateral from Knight, then throws a bomb for the TD...easy peasy.

Monster Zero
2/7/2014, 10:00 AM
Yeah, that could happen. Remember Derrick Shepard throwing the reverse pass against NE?

I say just save it for a big game where it would make a difference. Like the fake punt against AL a few years ago.

ouwasp
2/7/2014, 10:30 AM
remember Keith Jackson's 88 yd run on the TE reverse vs Neb in '85? Now THAT was glorious... not sure if Bell has the wheels for that, but it would be fun to see.

Soonerjeepman
2/7/2014, 11:32 AM
remember Keith Jackson's 88 yd run on the TE reverse vs Neb in '85? Now THAT was glorious... not sure if Bell has the wheels for that, but it would be fun to see.

lol, not the speed but he'd light some small dback like he did against TT this year...THAT was cool. Didn't Jackson have one in the Orange Bowl against Penn St as well...or was that a pass...gettin old

cvsooner
2/7/2014, 02:48 PM
Nice piece on Bell's NFL prospects due to position change.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000324208/article/oklahomas-blake-bell-an-intriguing-prospect-at-new-position

BoulderSooner79
2/7/2014, 03:02 PM
Nice piece on Bell's NFL prospects due to position change.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000324208/article/oklahomas-blake-bell-an-intriguing-prospect-at-new-position

Nice positive PR to launch the position change. This is the quote that sums it up for me:

But he also is an example of a player who has gone from having zero NFL hope to one who now becomes an intriguing prospect because of a position change.

The odds of making the NFL are probably not good, but at least they are not zero now. This spring will be critical for Blake.

jkjsooner
2/7/2014, 03:09 PM
lol, not the speed but he'd light some small dback like he did against TT this year...THAT was cool. Didn't Jackson have one in the Orange Bowl against Penn St as well...or was that a pass...gettin old

I don't think Jackson had a reverse against PSU but he definitely scored on a long TD pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loe4H1Vp99M

cherokeebrewer
8/5/2014, 02:47 PM
Bump...because Blake Bell is indeed the consummate team player and after watching some practice highlights, he's going to be a real threat for opposing defenses. He looks natural out there and is faster than I realized and seems to have soft hands...He can block too...who knew.

Blake Bell is first class and will remain a legend in Sooner Lore...

swardboy
8/5/2014, 04:02 PM
A tight end's body with a QB's head. This could be exciting.

SoonerStormchaser
8/6/2014, 12:43 AM
Anyone else having flashbacks to Paul Thompson after the Blow-mar scandal? "Coach, I'm your man!"

olevetonahill
8/6/2014, 05:28 AM
Anyone else having flashbacks to Paul Thompson after the Blow-mar scandal? "Coach, I'm your man!"

My 1st thought.
PT is and was the Consummate Player for US~.

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 05:43 AM
I always thought this would be a good move, because he does have size, decent speed, and almost always quarterbacks do have good hands.

...and yeah, this gives him some shot at the NFL, which was not gonna happen at the QB position.

I hope he kills it at the TE position!