PDA

View Full Version : Deondre Clark to LSU

jdsooner
2/5/2014, 03:45 PM
Just announced on the Sports Animal.

SoonerofAlabama
2/5/2014, 03:50 PM
Maybe a bit too soon, his head coach is saying it hasn't been sent yet.

jdsooner
2/5/2014, 03:55 PM
Supposedly George Schroeder reported it had been sent.

BoulderSooner79
2/5/2014, 03:56 PM
Let's all chant together now: "We'll win with him or without him."

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2014, 03:56 PM
He is not the only one.. Lsu sites reporting it also

SoonerofAlabama
2/5/2014, 04:02 PM
Clark and his mother are denying the reports.

Eielson
2/5/2014, 04:03 PM
Thankfully. I feel like we dodged a bullet.

Widescreen
2/5/2014, 04:04 PM
Heh. Signing day drama is always hilarious to me. Like when the mom refused to sign her son's papers because he wanted to go somewhere else. Or when that kid claimed he was signing with Cal but Cal had never heard of him.

badger
2/5/2014, 04:04 PM
His big brother peed out the car window toward the state of Louisiana, therefore it is a binding commitment

cvsooner
2/5/2014, 04:05 PM
The official LSU site does not have Clark on its list of signees, for what that's worth. Drama.

cherokeebrewer
2/5/2014, 04:11 PM
Let's all chant together now: "We'll win with him or without him."

Or..."Sit down"

SoonerofAlabama
2/5/2014, 04:18 PM
Looks to be true now.

NorthernIowaSooner
2/5/2014, 05:32 PM
It would have been nice to have him but I'm happy to see him go to LSU if that is what he wants, I'm glad he has the stones to make his own choice and go against what mama apparently wanted.

Best of luck to him and I hope he makes better choices than his brother. Perhaps leaving Oklahoma will get him away any knuckleheads that tripped up his brother.

jdsooner
2/5/2014, 05:42 PM
Jim Traber said that maybe this is better after what happened with his brother. For once, I agree with Traber. He needs to get out of state.

NorthernIowaSooner
2/5/2014, 05:43 PM
Although I do find it odd that he is "announcing" his college decision tomorrow. Didn't he do that already when he committed to LSU? Just sign the dang letter and send it to them if that's where you're going.

ddub0224
2/5/2014, 05:47 PM
Jim Traber said that maybe this is better after what happened with his brother. For once, I agree with Traber. He needs to get out of state.

I agree that Traber needs to get out of state too.

oupride
2/5/2014, 06:53 PM
Happy trails!

cherokeebrewer
2/5/2014, 07:32 PM
Seems like his heart was always with LSU. He made the right decision, I wish him well...

Curly Bill
2/5/2014, 07:37 PM
It usually bothers me considerably when highly touted in-state kids go somewhere else, but this one not at all.

He may end up an absolute beast, but he may also have done us a big favor.

I'm sure Lester's firm guiding hand will make the difference here though. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Piware
2/5/2014, 11:38 PM
Don't let the doorknob hit ya. Not fair to judge him on his brother's actions but if he emulates Stevie, we will have dodged a bullet. Should feel right at home at LSU.

BoulderSooner79
2/5/2014, 11:41 PM
The kid has been a verbal for LSU for a while and stuck with it. I see no issue with that.

birddog
2/6/2014, 12:08 AM
Yep. I never saw him as being a sooner. I think we are in good shape at de for a few years so I'm not bothered by deondre honoring his commitment. I'm very pleased with where we are going with our soph and frosh going forward. Can't sign em all. Frison, brown Jr ,quick, and parker make up for losing him and then some. Next few years are gonna rock. Let the playoffs begin!

oudanny
2/6/2014, 09:04 AM
Best of luck to him. Now let's move on and talk about the guys that want to be here.

badger
2/6/2014, 09:37 AM
Ruh roh, OKC area schools are closed (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-putnam-city-bethany-deer-creek-mid-del-norman-moore-and-edmond-schools-closed-thursday/article/3931093) for weather yet again today!

Deondre and mom: We are going to announce on Friday! Please stay off the Internet until then so the surprise isn't spoiled!

SoonerMarkVA
2/6/2014, 09:56 AM
Deondre's going to announce to the least enthusiastic crowd ever. Give it another few days, and it might be nothing but crickets in attendance.

picasso
2/6/2014, 10:37 AM
Sheesh. Embarrassing.

badger
2/6/2014, 10:58 AM
Deondre's going to announce to the least enthusiastic crowd ever. Give it another few days, and it might be nothing but crickets in attendance.

His big brother doesn't have anything to do, he can be in attendance

EDIT: On the oft chance he changes his mind and attends OU, you are all free to neg me into the deep red territory

jdsooner
2/6/2014, 12:14 PM
Who posted this inaccurate thread? It was me! This morning the report is that he will not announce until Monday!!

birddog
2/6/2014, 02:02 PM
Very anticlimactic and egotistical at this point. Just send in the damn letter already. Feels like he's holding out

badger
2/6/2014, 02:32 PM
Feels like he's holding out

Deondre: Soooo...what can you offer my brother Stevie?

Once again, neg me to hell if he comes to OU

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2014, 03:52 PM
If anyone negs Badger, they deserved to be bained!

SoonerMarkVA
2/6/2014, 04:29 PM
If anyone negs Badger, they deserved to be bained!

That's baned. Pfft. Philistine.

:biggrin:

KantoSooner
2/6/2014, 05:04 PM
We live in the latter days of The Law.

cvsooner
2/6/2014, 05:22 PM
I wonder at this point if Stoops would pull his offer....or refuse to accept the letter once it arrives. Don't need the drama. Clark seems to be in a 'how bad do you want me?' mode. Noticed he posted on Twitter he wasn't happy about the negative tweets he's getting about not coming to OU. Wah.

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2014, 05:27 PM
I'm sure all those LSU fans are still waiting with worms in their mouths for the Clark LOI. (No one explained "bated breath" to them.)

badger
2/6/2014, 05:28 PM
Noticed he posted on Twitter he wasn't happy about the negative tweets he's getting about not coming to OU. Wah.

I dare someone to tweet "LEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHT SIT DOWN!" to him in dishonor of his big bro's final OSU road game :stunned:

Once again, I'm entirely out of line if he's a Sooner and not a Tiger. If he's a Tiger, then he'll get that sh!t from everyone, his own Cajun fanbase included

8timechamps
2/6/2014, 05:29 PM
I wonder at this point if Stoops would pull his offer....or refuse to accept the letter once it arrives. Don't need the drama. Clark seems to be in a 'how bad do you want me?' mode. Noticed he posted on Twitter he wasn't happy about the negative tweets he's getting about not coming to OU. Wah.

Nope, he'd take him in a heartbeat.

The drama is often times hyped to be much bigger than it really is, and in this case, social media has made it worse.

We've had kids go through similar things and end up at OU in the past, and in the end how a kid acts on social media doesn't reflect what kind of player/teammate he will be, and I think that's the case here.

The bottom line is he is 18 years old and feels pulled between two places. What's really sad are the fan comments on his Twitter page.

In any event, he's going to end up at LSU, and by the start of the season we won't even remember this.

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2014, 05:39 PM
In any event, he's going to end up at LSU, and by the start of the season we won't even remember this.

Even in the off chance he lands at OU, this would be a distant memory.

Widescreen
2/6/2014, 06:10 PM
Folks, he's not going to OU. LSU already has his signed NLI. It's over. OU has moved on - everyone here should too.

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2014, 06:47 PM
Folks, he's not going to OU. LSU already has his signed NLI. It's over. OU has moved on - everyone here should too.

No one thinks he lands at OU. The latest posts have been more about player behavior and ego in general.

Widescreen
2/6/2014, 06:54 PM
No one thinks he lands at OU. The latest posts have been more about player behavior and ego in general.

There are still some people in this thread talking about letters not being sent or Stoops rejecting the letter if he receives it. You even threw out the hypothetical of "even in the off change he lands at OU". My point is, none of that is going to happen because his letter is already signed sealed and delivered to LSU.

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2014, 07:24 PM
There are still some people in this thread talking about letters not being sent or Stoops rejecting the letter if he receives it. You even threw out the hypothetical of "even in the off change he lands at OU". My point is, none of that is going to happen because his letter is already signed sealed and delivered to LSU.

I was just using Clark as a hypothetical. Just saying if a player insists on theatricals at signing time, it's no big deal. As 8times points out, it wouldn't stop the coaches from taking him and it wouldn't stop the fans from liking him if he turns out to be a good team member. It may seem silly (and annoying) to us, but it's an important moment in these kids lives and almost meaningless in the grand scheme of a 4-5 year career.

8timechamps
2/6/2014, 07:38 PM

I completely agree about Clark, but you just never know anymore.

Remember last year, the kid that committed to Notre Dame (Vanderdoes, I think), sent in his letter, then decided he really wanted to play for UCLA? Brian Kelly wasn't going to let him out of his LOI, but ended up succumbing to public pressure. I think that kind of things happens a couple of times a year.

NorthernIowaSooner
2/6/2014, 09:19 PM
I was just using Clark as a hypothetical. Just saying if a player insists on theatricals at signing time, it's no big deal. As 8times points out, it wouldn't stop the coaches from taking him and it wouldn't stop the fans from liking him if he turns out to be a good team member. It may seem silly (and annoying) to us, but it's an important moment in these kids lives and almost meaningless in the grand scheme of a 4-5 year career.

I agree, it may be the one chance he gets for the spotlight, nothing is guaranteed when he gets to where he's going. That being said I think it is very poor practice to announce his college "choice" after he has already committed to LSU and simply needs to sign and send the letter (or perhaps he already has).

The "choice" is not really to choose a school but to selfishly garner any possible attention he can. I think someone around him should've had a better head on their shoulders here.

8timechamps
2/6/2014, 09:55 PM
I agree, it may be the one chance he gets for the spotlight, nothing is guaranteed when he gets to where he's going. That being said I think it is very poor practice to announce his college "choice" after he has already committed to LSU and simply needs to sign and send the letter (or perhaps he already has).

The "choice" is not really to choose a school but to selfishly garner any possible attention he can. I think someone around him should've had a better head on their shoulders here.

I can't blame a kid for wanting the "Ceremony" that comes with signing. It just happens that Clark hasn't been able to do that with the weather.

Just about all of our incoming guys had an "announcement" ceremony, and a few (Quick, Frison & Brown) didn't even announce where they were going until signing day.

Of coure you also have guys like Alex Dalton and Mark Andrews that signed their letter in their coaches office with nobody around. Still, I can't fault a kid for wanting a day in the sun. Unfortunately, for some, they will be shocked when they realize that once the letter is received, it's not about them anymore.

badger
2/7/2014, 09:20 AM
From NewsOK: (http://newsok.com/recruiting-douglass-de-deondre-clark-to-announce-college-choice-at-monday-ceremony/article/3931118)

UPDATE: LSU Sports Information Director Michael Bonnette tweeted at 12:43 p.m. Thursday that LSU "will now announce 23rd signee on Monday instead of today as previously reported."

If anyone could please go to Deondre's signing day and swipe that OU cap right off the table so that he can stop dicking around with people, that would be great. If they also want to steal the LSU cap and replace it with a dunce cap, that would also be awesome.

It would further be awesome if Stevie Clark waddled into his little bro's big day simultaneously drunk and high wearing OSU gear

Breadburner
2/7/2014, 10:03 AM
You left off....."And whip it out"....!!!!

badger
2/7/2014, 11:20 AM
You left off....."And whip it out"....!!!!

Oh yes, he could have someone drive a ****ing car through the gym and he could spray everyone in attendance. Wasn't that worth the wait, folks? You waited till Monday to get ****ed off. Bwahahahahahahahahahahalameiknowsorry

SoonerorLater
2/7/2014, 12:20 PM
Clark can be happy now that he wasn't denied his theatrics. I miss the days when players just played ball. Remember when a guy like Barry Sanders would make moves, break a few tackles, score a touchdown and just casually hand the ball the the ref?
Clark just sent a fax and wants to make sure the media is alerted.

cvsooner
2/7/2014, 12:39 PM
From NewsOK: (http://newsok.com/recruiting-douglass-de-deondre-clark-to-announce-college-choice-at-monday-ceremony/article/3931118)

If anyone could please go to Deondre's signing day and swipe that OU cap right off the table so that he can stop dicking around with people, that would be great. If they also want to steal the LSU cap and replace it with a dunce cap, that would also be awesome.

It would further be awesome if Stevie Clark waddled into his little bro's big day simultaneously drunk and high wearing OSU gear

Mike Stoops should go in and swipe the OU cap off the table and say, "Sorry you weren't good enough to wear this one."

badger
2/10/2014, 04:55 PM
We dodged a bullet. He's trying to get big bro Stevie in at LSU reportedly. (http://newsok.com/deondre-clark-says-hes-trying-to-get-brother-stevie-to-lsu/article/3932356)

To further confirm how much of a bullet we dodged by missing this one, an Oklahoman reported tweeted a photo of him and his family arriving today -- almost a week after signing day --- to high school in a stretch limo for his big announcement.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgI0ZHACMAAle32.jpg

Curly Bill
2/10/2014, 04:59 PM
Wow! Look at all the media and paparazzi around to catch the big moment! Bahahahahaha!

Soonerjeepman
2/10/2014, 05:21 PM
what an a$$. I'm sorry but it's the mentally of the kids these days...everyone wants the attention. I'm sure he's already deciding what to wear on draft day.

I'm pretty sure if my son was that big of a commit he wouldn't pull that crap. I don't have a problem of a pic or two of the kid signing with his parents and coaches. I'm just guessing but maybe some of the hype is on the coaches as well..they want the press that they had a part in this or that kid's success.

tycat947
2/10/2014, 05:40 PM

Isn't that the same thing???

birddog
2/10/2014, 08:39 PM
Is that Lester wearing a youth medium limo driver hat?

jdsooner
2/11/2014, 02:18 AM
I wonder if Stevie was rolling joints or urinating out of the limo? I really think that if our coaches had made an effort to find big brother a place in Norman that we would not have lost this recruit. Stoops needs to step up and go after players like this who will add integrity to the program.

SoonerGM
2/11/2014, 02:46 AM
why bother rolling up in a limo... and then stepping out in sweats and a hoody?

nevermind, i see he had a suit underneath.

Ruf/Nek7
2/11/2014, 10:16 AM
I completely forgot he was announcing yesterday. Man, this kid is something else. He apparently treated this announcement like he was on NFL draft day. I hope his career sputters out as a bust. Whatever happened to humility in athletes?

Curly Bill
2/12/2014, 03:09 AM
I completely forgot he was announcing yesterday. Man, this kid is something else. He apparently treated this announcement like he was on NFL draft day. I hope his career sputters out as a bust. Whatever happened to humility in athletes?

Went out the door when we started awarding every loser a trophy, and telling em how great and wonderful they are - you know for their delicate self-esteem.

That's one of many reason actually, but this one is a pet peeve of mine.

Jacie
2/12/2014, 06:27 AM
We dodged a bullet. He's trying to get big bro Stevie in at LSU reportedly. (http://newsok.com/deondre-clark-says-hes-trying-to-get-brother-stevie-to-lsu/article/3932356)

To further confirm how much of a bullet we dodged by missing this one, an Oklahoman reported tweeted a photo of him and his family arriving today -- almost a week after signing day --- to high school in a stretch limo for his big announcement.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgI0ZHACMAAle32.jpg

He missed the bus and didn't want to be late for school. Not his fault that a passing limo driver saw him and offered him a ride since it was on the way . . .

badger
2/12/2014, 09:14 AM
He missed the bus and didn't want to be late for school. Not his fault that a passing limo driver saw him and offered him a ride since it was on the way . . .

And LSU fans don't just eat corn dogs because they're weird, it's all they can afford to eat.

As such, a hearty apology to Deondre Clark and the rest of his new LSU family :P

8timechamps
2/12/2014, 07:20 PM
Went out the door when we started awarding every loser a trophy, and telling em how great and wonderful they are - you know for their delicate self-esteem.

Mine too.

What's funny is that this all came from the parents (the ones that probably sucked at sports in their own youth). I coached both of my boys in youth baseball in their very early years (tee-ball through about 10), and even in the tee-ball games (where the league didn't "keep score"), 90% of the kids on the team knew exactly what the score was and what their record was at the end of the year.

If parents don't want their kids to get their little feelings hurt, then don't put them in a competition. Also, nevermind the life lessons that come along with winning and losing.

KantoSooner
2/13/2014, 11:22 AM
We could, and probably will, over-analyze it, but there's surely something odd that started in the 80's with the helicopter parenting thing. And endless programmed 'activities', the whole soccer mom thing. It does a kid good to get their own butt to practice and to walk home in the cold as it's getting dark in the winter. Gives mom time for afternoon cocktails with the girls, too. Everyone's a winner!

picasso
2/13/2014, 03:54 PM
The PC crap is rooted in the 90's.

KantoSooner
2/13/2014, 05:59 PM
Maybe, but I can remember bitching about it in the early 80's.
(I thought it was a new concept then, but as a college student I figured my cohorts and I had probably invented almost everything of intellectual worth; so it may have deeper roots.)

Scott D
2/13/2014, 09:03 PM

meh, humility is for wimps who get trophies at the end of the season for participation :P

SoonerGM
2/14/2014, 03:40 AM
We could, and probably will, over-analyze it, but there's surely something odd that started in the 80's with the helicopter parenting thing. And endless programmed 'activities', the whole soccer mom thing. It does a kid good to get their own butt to practice and to walk home in the cold as it's getting dark in the winter. Gives mom time for afternoon cocktails with the girls, too. Everyone's a winner!

i agree with not giving trophies to losers etc, but having kids walk around on their own right now is not a good idea. especially with oklahoma being a major hub for human/sex trafficing. but i do get your point and agree, parents need to teach thier kids how to be independant and think on their own. let them experience how good it feels to earn something with hard work and putting forth effort as opposed to getting everything they want for simply being born in to the world.

KantoSooner
2/14/2014, 09:58 AM
GM, you may be right, but I see little evidence that life is all that much more dangerous today than it was 25 or 50 years ago. Every generation of parents seems to run around waving their hands in the air about how the world suddenly began to teem with deviant child molesters....coincidentally about the time they decided to spawn.

Don't talk to strangers
Come straight home
Cops are your friends
Stay in lighted areas
There really are bears in the woods
The world is not about you, keep your head on a swivel and know what's going on around you.
When in doubt beat cheeks out of there. Now. And dump your bag if need be.
Carry a whistle

These are all instructions that were common in the 1950's and '60's. Either parents then were prescient regarding risk factors....or those same risks existed then, too.

And yet we didn't intentionally raise generations of people incapable of doing anything for themselves who were utterly maladjusted to life in the real world.

Sorry to rant.