PDA

View Full Version : Who is the worst coach in the Big 12?

kbsooner21
2/4/2014, 02:17 PM
Vote

Boomer.....
2/4/2014, 02:23 PM
It's close, but I'm going to go with Ford due to his horrible record and appearances in the post season. They can both recruit great (although I'm sure it involves $$$), but can't coach up the talent.

badger
2/4/2014, 02:49 PM
I vote this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Johnson). He's had success at other places, but I'm not sure if it's because of him or in spite of him. Seeing how he's always looking for the next job, even if the next job looks tons worse, I'd say it's in spite of

kbsooner21
2/4/2014, 03:35 PM
In a league with the two I mentioned above, there's no way Trent Johnson is worse than them imo. The guy has won at freaking LSU for crying out loud :)

8timechamps
2/4/2014, 08:21 PM
How could it not be Ford?

Eielson
2/4/2014, 08:32 PM
I'd take Drew over Ford any day. Trent Johnson arguably owns the title, though.

Eielson
2/4/2014, 08:39 PM
In a league with the two I mentioned above, there's no way Trent Johnson is worse than them imo. The guy has won at freaking LSU for crying out loud :)

Johnson won at LSU for ONE year...and it was his first. He failed to reach 20 wins again, and had two 11 win seasons. John Brady was much more successful right before him.

tycat947
2/4/2014, 09:13 PM
I think it's a tossup! One game Ford is the worst and the next, it's Drew! You can't lose with either choice! Well, yeah, you actually can!!!

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2014, 09:34 PM
Trent...the tcu coach..right? I vote him. I'm sorry but part of coaching is getting talent. tcu aint got #hit. At least Ford and Drew got talent to the school

badger
2/5/2014, 09:14 AM
Trent...the tcu coach..right? I vote him. I'm sorry but part of coaching is getting talent. tcu aint got #hit. At least Ford and Drew got talent to the school

Also, they lost to Texas 59-54 last night, so therefore TCU sucks most to OU fans at the moment Hook em

Soonerjeepman
2/5/2014, 10:46 AM
lol..true...they just crapped on themselves the last 3 mins...

badger
2/5/2014, 11:02 AM
lol..true...they just crapped on themselves the last 3 mins...

The problem with being a purple frog is that when you feel threatened, you shoot blood from your eyes. You just can't control it, it just happens. How in the hell are you supposed to see from your blood eyes, your pansy scared frog?!

CowboyMRW
2/6/2014, 09:40 AM
Travis Ford never lost to WVU...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeWw1Df6TnmsO-zZmNb3LQ1p5CR0JJZdYpH9ujYZL9yBug1KcZ

oudanny
2/6/2014, 10:07 AM
Hey MRW - What's up with Zero Olympians in your sig?

CowboyMRW
2/6/2014, 10:10 AM

OU football has never had an olympian while OSU has had 41.

It's a joke, since I lost a bet because OU beat OSU in men's and women's basketball earlier this year.

badger
2/6/2014, 11:04 AM

See, as a fairly new poster, you're supposed to go crazy when you see it and call him a dumb aggy and to get on his own board and sh!t ;)

That's the intent at least, and it worked quite well last year in a different format --- something along the lines of "OSU has billions of national championships, and OU's football national championships are not recognized by the NCAA." For the next year or so, a new poster would see an OSU fan with that sig and go berserk on him.

I realize that if OU doesn't continue beating OSU that I am probably going to have something crazy as my own avatar/sig/etc... speaking of, my avatar curse hasn't worked for two straight games, so I guess I better stop

oudanny
2/6/2014, 05:15 PM
See, as a fairly new poster, you're supposed to go crazy when you see it and call him a dumb aggy and to get on his own board and sh!t ;)

That's the intent at least, and it worked quite well last year in a different format --- something along the lines of "OSU has billions of national championships, and OU's football national championships are not recognized by the NCAA." For the next year or so, a new poster would see an OSU fan with that sig and go berserk on him.

I realize that if OU doesn't continue beating OSU that I am probably going to have something crazy as my own avatar/sig/etc... speaking of, my avatar curse hasn't worked for two straight games, so I guess I better stop

Actually, I've been here quite a while - came over from the old board. Plus, I'm old so there isn't much that sets me off. I was just curious. I like most of our non-Sooner posters.

badger
2/6/2014, 05:25 PM
Actually, I've been here quite a while - came over from the old board. Plus, I'm old so there isn't much that sets me off. I was just curious. I like most of our non-Sooner posters.

I thought I'd seen you around for awhile, sorry, just looked at your post count :)

8timechamps
2/6/2014, 10:04 PM
Travis Ford never lost to WVU...

Seriously though, even Poke fans have to be pissed off at Ford. You guys have so much talent! Too much to have lost some of the games they've lost.

BoomerSooner123
2/6/2014, 10:40 PM
Didn't they lose to the team that lost to WV???

I think this will be 100 posts on this new board. It only took since 1999 and I log in most every day. I call it defensive championship caliber posting. If that makes no sense then you know why I rarely post.

CowboyMRW
2/7/2014, 10:35 AM
Seriously though, even Poke fans have to be pissed off at Ford. You guys have so much talent! Too much to have lost some of the games they've lost.

I actually like Ford. People hate him for various reasons, without actually providing reasons. I think he's a very good Xs and Os guy at drawing up plays, both defensively and offensively. We usually get what we want offensively when we play within the system. I think he's done a great job of developing guys. Markel, Cobbins, Lebryan, Eaton, James Anderson, Forte, Moses and on. His in game adjustments aren't the best and we struggle rebounding sometimes, but I put that more on the players. Kansas only outrebounded us by 2 I believe, and they are ridiculously bigger than us. We can rebound when we try.

His first class really set us back as he was scrambling and taking guys that should not have been takes. That also really hurt our APR, which if it doesn't come up, we won't be in the tournament next year anyways.

With that said, he has no control over Marcus unfortunately. All I want is Marcus to go back to being a PG and getting to the rim and dropping dimes. Play havoc defense like you still do, but stop shooting. I think he tries to be buddy buddy a little too much, which works in bringing in the players to campus, but you have to control them once they get here. We have a terrible shot selection at really crucial times, and that more than anything has set us back. Along with fouls and Cobbins injury.

badger
2/7/2014, 11:19 AM
Didn't they lose to the team that lost to WV???

I think this will be 100 posts on this new board. It only took since 1999 and I log in most every day. I call it defensive championship caliber posting. If that makes no sense then you know why I rarely post.

Meh, I have nearly 40K and most of them are pretty worthless posts. :P Definitely good to go for quality posting over quantity. I'm sure most would have me on ignore if they knew where the button was. Congrats on hitting 100!

8timechamps
2/7/2014, 07:29 PM
I actually like Ford. People hate him for various reasons, without actually providing reasons. I think he's a very good Xs and Os guy at drawing up plays, both defensively and offensively. We usually get what we want offensively when we play within the system. I think he's done a great job of developing guys. Markel, Cobbins, Lebryan, Eaton, James Anderson, Forte, Moses and on. His in game adjustments aren't the best and we struggle rebounding sometimes, but I put that more on the players. Kansas only outrebounded us by 2 I believe, and they are ridiculously bigger than us. We can rebound when we try.

His first class really set us back as he was scrambling and taking guys that should not have been takes. That also really hurt our APR, which if it doesn't come up, we won't be in the tournament next year anyways.

With that said, he has no control over Marcus unfortunately. All I want is Marcus to go back to being a PG and getting to the rim and dropping dimes. Play havoc defense like you still do, but stop shooting. I think he tries to be buddy buddy a little too much, which works in bringing in the players to campus, but you have to control them once they get here. We have a terrible shot selection at really crucial times, and that more than anything has set us back. Along with fouls and Cobbins injury.

You would have a better idea than I, so I defer to your opinion.

IN my limited viewing of the Pokes, it just seems like Smart plays his own game. Maybe that's all it is, and even though that falls on the coach, I suppose it also puts him in a tight spot (because you're not going to make him sit).

I've mentioned this in the past, but I really like Smart as a player, and I agree with you 100%. It's almost as if Smart needs to quit thinking and just do what comes natural (within the gameplan). He's at his best when he's attacking the rim.

BoomerSooner123
2/7/2014, 08:55 PM
Meh, I have nearly 40K and most of them are pretty worthless posts. :P Definitely good to go for quality posting over quantity. I'm sure most would have me on ignore if they knew where the button was. Congrats on hitting 100!

Badger you remind me of my all time favorite poster- Mosoon, That lady was and probably still is the Muhamed Ali of posting if Cassius Clay had been a Sooner.Her comments ruined many of my screens.