PDA

View Full Version : And Yet Again

Piware
2/4/2014, 12:05 AM
OSWho manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 3 OTs and Eddie Sutton night. Are they gonna trot that old SOB out even after he's dead?

picasso
2/4/2014, 12:12 AM
He's the best thing that ever happened to them.

CowboyMRW
2/4/2014, 09:44 AM
So, so sad. So much talent, and Lebryan is the only one playing for the team. Everyone else is me, me, me.

Very reminiscent of 2002 when Mo Baker went down and 2007 when Obi went down.

badger
2/4/2014, 09:53 AM
So will LeBryan take one for the team again and hold off his pro career? How much of this letdown can a former McD's All American take? Then again, you got 4 years of Eaton

CowboyMRW
2/4/2014, 10:29 AM
So will LeBryan take one for the team again and hold off his pro career? How much of this letdown can a former McD's All American take? Then again, you got 4 years of Eaton

He's probably a 2nd round pick. We've recruited as if he's gone so I don't think there's a chance he stays. He's been our best player this year so I'm happy for him. He could play in Europe if he wanted though for a long time.

Difference in Eaton and Nash though, as Eaton never had a shot at a pro career. Too small.

If basketball doesn't work out, I honestly think he could make it as a tight end, much like Jimmy Graham, or Gates, or Cameron.

kbsooner21
2/4/2014, 02:16 PM
He's probably a 2nd round pick. We've recruited as if he's gone so I don't think there's a chance he stays. He's been our best player this year so I'm happy for him. He could play in Europe if he wanted though for a long time.

Difference in Eaton and Nash though, as Eaton never had a shot at a pro career. Too small.

If basketball doesn't work out, I honestly think he could make it as a tight end, much like Jimmy Graham, or Gates, or Cameron.

Too funny.

Eielson
2/4/2014, 08:34 PM
Nash and Smart could both come back AGAIN, and they still wouldn't have a shot at winning the Big XII. I'd almost welcome it.

CowboyMRW
2/5/2014, 09:25 AM
Nash and Smart could both come back AGAIN, and they still wouldn't have a shot at winning the Big XII. I'd almost welcome it.

I wouldn't be so sure. This team was on another level when Cobbins was back protecting the rim. Now we have no rim protection, and we can't get out and pressure the way we were.

Add in Myles Turner, and that would be a very, very good lineup.

badger
2/5/2014, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't be so sure.

While it could be argued that adding Cobbins would make this team better, I'd argue that just added a better coach would make this team better :)

It's really too bad how this whole Travis Ford experiment turned out, because he seems like a nice guy. He goes out and encourages students to attend games, he helped assist when the Moore tornado happened, he was there fore the girl's basketball team after Kurt Budke died (and even wore Budke's signature bright orange Bedl@m jacket the next OU-OSU mens game in Budke's honor). He's been recruiting very talented players to OSU after some down recruiting years under Scott Sutton.

He. Just. Can't. Coach. Well.

I would be very sad if you guys had Kruger or Self with this group. Since you don't... LOL@OSU

Eielson
2/5/2014, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. This team was on another level when Cobbins was back protecting the rim. Now we have no rim protection, and we can't get out and pressure the way we were.

I don't think a 4 point/4 rebound guy was the reason for your downturn. I think, much like Baylor, it was the brutality of Big XII conference play. I wouldn't pick them over KU or Oklahoma.

CowboyMRW
2/6/2014, 09:39 AM
I don't think a 4 point/4 rebound guy was the reason for your downturn. I think, much like Baylor, it was the brutality of Big XII conference play. I wouldn't pick them over KU or Oklahoma.

We don't miss the points and rebounds. We miss the rim protection. Having a great rim protector is something that is irreplaceable in college basketball. It allowed our guards to really get out and pressure other guards, because we knew that even if we got beat that Cobbins was back there to swat any layups.

I don't know how much OSU basketball that you've watched, but this team has not been the same since he went down. They've been playing a lot more uptight, knowing that the error margin was razor thin, and it's caused them to press and really, not have fun out there. Even though we lost to ISU, I was encouraged by our play at times. Haven't seen it since the Kansas game. Hopefully, a light clicked on, in that we need to feed the ball to Nash every time, as he is unguardable in the post.

Eielson
2/6/2014, 10:27 AM
We don't miss the points and rebounds. We miss the rim protection. Having a great rim protector is something that is irreplaceable in college basketball. It allowed our guards to really get out and pressure other guards, because we knew that even if we got beat that Cobbins was back there to swat any layups.

I don't know how much OSU basketball that you've watched, but this team has not been the same since he went down. They've been playing a lot more uptight, knowing that the error margin was razor thin, and it's caused them to press and really, not have fun out there. Even though we lost to ISU, I was encouraged by our play at times. Haven't seen it since the Kansas game. Hopefully, a light clicked on, in that we need to feed the ball to Nash every time, as he is unguardable in the post.

I haven't watched OSU play that much this year. I'm sure Cobbins would be a very useful player to have, but I don't think his loss is significant enough to go from 12-1 in the first 13 games, to 4-5 over the next 9. More than anything, I think the stiff competition of Big XII play has been the cause of the decline. I'm sure you guys would be doing better with Cobbins, but not good enough to compete for a Big XII Title. Cobbins isn't good enough to warrant a collapse, and unless OSU loses other players to injuries, their injuries won't be much worse than the average team.

Piware
2/11/2014, 12:01 AM

If he does he is nutty as a peach orchard boar. The only people the Pokes are concerned with is Ford and Smart. LeBryan needs to make a beeline to the nearest exit marked NBA and get out of that hell hole in Stillwater.

Piware
2/16/2014, 02:21 PM

It would also help if they learned to shoot free throws. No complaints here - I love it but from the stripe they can't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle.

picasso
2/16/2014, 05:25 PM
I keep hearing all of this talent nonsense.
If you had that much talent it wouldn't matter who was coaching.

Salt City Sooner
2/16/2014, 05:47 PM
It would also help if they learned to shoot free throws. No complaints here - I love it but from the stripe they can't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle.
We got lucky on that one. They were hitting a respectable 72% from the line coming into yesterday's abberation.