PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl...

SoonerDomiNation
2/2/2014, 03:32 PM
Bronchos, Seahawks, Commercials...... who are u rooting for? I'm going for the bronchos with anticipation of the commercials. They usually have have a few good ones in there.

Breadburner
2/2/2014, 03:38 PM
Bronchos.....!!!

vtsooner21
2/2/2014, 03:41 PM
I've gotta go with the Broncos as well...Ever since Carroll jumped the sinking ship at USC and became the water chickens head man, I've not cared much for them. I hear the VW commercials will be good as well as some of the Bud commercials. Pretty pathetic when I look forward to them as opposed to a game...But then again, it's not a Sooner game..

Boomer

ouwasp
2/2/2014, 04:22 PM
Go Denver!

But really don't care...just in an anti-thug mood today.

olevetonahill
2/2/2014, 05:10 PM
IF I even turn it on it will be because its Football. I can see all the good ads on utube ahead of time.

Scott D
2/2/2014, 06:29 PM
Go Denver!

But really don't care...just in an anti-thug mood today.

but yet you say "go denver" *mind flip*

Eielson
2/2/2014, 07:32 PM
Definitely cheering for Broncos. Needless to say...this game is not being watched in my house.

SoonerDomiNation
2/2/2014, 07:42 PM
Well the bronchos are pretty much done.

okiewaker
2/2/2014, 07:46 PM
Watching the broncs getting a butt whupin.

BoulderSooner79
2/2/2014, 07:59 PM
This must be a blast from the '80s for Elway.

Plexis22
2/2/2014, 09:01 PM
I don't really care about the NFL but when I do watch games I generally root for Dallas or Denver, being relatively close teams. Seattle is putting on a clinic though.

Eielson
2/2/2014, 09:27 PM
NFCWEST! NFCWEST! NFCWEST! Wait...

olevetonahill
2/2/2014, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGxusvUT3k

REDREX
2/2/2014, 09:37 PM
This must be a blast from the '80s for Elway.----I was at the game in Norman when Elway just killed us ----so screw him

FaninAma
2/2/2014, 09:43 PM
----I was at the game in Norman when Elway just killed us ----so screw him
Thanks to 4 dropped interceptions by the Sooner defense and a fumble through the back of the end zone by a Sooner RB as he was running in untouched for a TD.

FaninAma
2/2/2014, 09:49 PM
The thing I wnat to know is how did Denver win so many games with such a weak OL and weak defense?

BoulderSooner79
2/2/2014, 10:09 PM
----I was at the game in Norman when Elway just killed us ----so screw him

LOL - hold a grudge much?

BoulderSooner79
2/2/2014, 10:12 PM
The good news is I didn't break any resolutions for this "game". I worked out in the morning, didn't drink any beer or eat any junk food. Still down 5 lbs. Probably would have done all those things had it been a contest.

The VW commercial was the only thing worth watching (unless you live in Seattle, of course).

Piware
2/2/2014, 10:46 PM
The best thing about this game was Joe Namath muffing the coin toss and his fur coat.

BoulderSooner79
2/2/2014, 10:49 PM
The best thing about this game was Joe Namath muffing the coin toss and his fur coat.

True dat. Still Broadway Joe to the bone.

8timechamps
2/3/2014, 12:20 AM
Ugh.

I'm so thankful the Sooners took care of business in the Sugar Bowl, because the Broncos got hammered.

That Seahawk defense is as good as advertised...at least tonight.

soonergirlNeugene
2/3/2014, 02:40 AM
I love how Carroll compared it to TGOWWDNS afterwards. To be quite fair, I started drawing comparisons in the 3rd quarter.

rock on sooner
2/3/2014, 08:07 AM
I flashed back to the 55-10 beatdown and was really concerned that
the Broncos would even score...

MsProudSooner
2/3/2014, 09:19 AM
I quit watching before halftime. The advertisers lost money on this one.

jkjsooner
2/3/2014, 09:27 AM
I love how Carroll compared it to TGOWWDNS afterwards. To be quite fair, I started drawing comparisons in the 3rd quarter.

Yep, I had the same thoughts. Apparently Carroll knows how to coach in big games.

This left me believing even more that Auburn would have suffered the same fate as OU.

olevetonahill
2/3/2014, 10:44 AM
Yall listen to that crap after a game? What did Peter peter pumkin eater say ?

swardboy
2/3/2014, 11:20 AM
The thing I wnat to know is how did Denver win so many games with such a weak OL and weak defense?

They are in a weaker division, especially compared to the NFC West. I think the 49ers would have beaten Denver last night. Those NFC defenses are murder, even down to the Rams.

AFC West:
Denver
KC
San Diego
Oakland

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2014, 11:32 AM
I forgot the stat, but the Broncos only faced a top 10 defense once or twice this season.

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2014, 11:41 AM

He compared the win last night to the game against us, and that USC fans understand what happened. I guess this mean that Seattle will be the first NFL team to vacate a Super Bowl win in a few years?

SoonerStormchaser
2/3/2014, 11:42 AM
I forgot the stat, but the Broncos only faced a top 10 defense once or twice this season.

And lost

Eielson
2/3/2014, 11:49 AM
They are in a weaker division, especially compared to the NFC West. I think the 49ers would have beaten Denver last night. Those NFC defenses are murder, even down to the Rams.

Amen to that. As a Rams fan, I can admit that we were the worst team in the NFC West, but that still puts us top 5 in the conference, and as we saw, it's the superior conference. Carolina is the only NFC team I would rank as a top 5 NFC team that isn't in the NFC West. We didn't lose a game after week 9 outside of the NFC West, and that included brutal beatdowns of playoff teams like the Saints and Colts, and a 21 point win against Chicago (barely missed playoffs to GB).

Seattle has the best chance of any team ever to win the SB by 35+ and then miss the playoffs the following year despite not having any major injuries or losses in the offseason. I'm certainly not predicting that, but it's not impossible. SF is the 2nd best team in the NFL, and Arizona and St. Louis (once we get Bradford back) are right there.

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2014, 12:02 PM
Seattle has the best chance of any team ever to win the SB by 35+ and then miss the playoffs the following year despite not having any major injuries or losses in the offseason. I'm certainly not predicting that, but it's not impossible. SF is the 2nd best team in the NFL, and Arizona and St. Louis (once we get Bradford back) are right there.

I still think that the 49ers were the best team in the league. They just went through a tough stretch mid-season that took them out of competition for the division and home field in the playoffs. That famous pass that Sherman defended was about 6" off target from putting them in the SB. The NFC west is going to be brutal again next season again. I hope the Broncos can get better on D next year and give Peyton one more shot, but they've had 2 years in a row with the #1 seed and that's a long stretch in NFL terms and they are bound to regress a bit.

SoonerDomiNation
2/3/2014, 05:44 PM
I lost interest after the first 12 seconds.

Curly Bill
2/3/2014, 07:15 PM
I normally don't watch the Super Bowl, but I did watch this one, and I loved every minute of it!!

I became waaaaaaay tired of the Peyton Manning worship months ago, if not years ago. Greatest ever!! Bahahahahahaha

8timechamps
2/3/2014, 07:16 PM
I normally don't watch the Super Bowl, but I did watch this one, and I loved every minute of it!!

I became waaaaaaay tired of the Peyton Manning worship months ago, if not years ago. Greatest ever!! Bahahahahahaha

Why am I not surprised?

Curly Bill
2/3/2014, 07:19 PM
Why am I not surprised?

I can be trusted to turn on most anyone when the media and seemingly a majority of sports fans collectively lick the scrotal area of anyone.

8timechamps
2/3/2014, 07:24 PM
I can be trusted to turn on most anyone when the media and seemingly a majority of sports fans collectively lick the scrotal area of anyone.

You know, I can understand that. I'm typically that way too. This loss just happened to hurt, because he plays for "my" team and all...

cvsooner
2/3/2014, 07:28 PM
I lost interest after the first 12 seconds.

I lost interest two weeks ago when the Niners threw an interception with just a minute to go.

That was the actual Super Bowl, not the debacle that aired on Feb. 2.

Curly Bill
2/3/2014, 07:33 PM
Thing is: he comes across as a pretty genuine and decent fellow, but the media & so many sports fans go way overboard on how great he is, his football intellect, his ability to get inside the head of the opposing defense, hell...even the Omaha thing wore on me!

What I saw much of the season was a weak-armed old man, who had a great ability to find whatever receiver was open 5 yards past the LOS, generally hit him in stride, and do that over and over and over, and once ever so often take a shot down the field, and in this case "shot" being a pass over 20 yards.

Seattle was brilliant - set on the short passes, knock the mess out of them when they did catch it, pressure Manning who reverted to his tendency to go all "happy feet." It was beautiful!!!!

Curly Bill
2/3/2014, 07:35 PM
I lost interest two weeks ago when the Niners threw an interception with just a minute to go.

That was the actual Super Bowl, not the debacle that aired on Feb. 2.

Yep, those were the two best teams in football.

Scott D
2/3/2014, 07:44 PM
I enjoyed watching a very good defense show America how you play defense from the opening whistle to the closing whistle. The fact that it was Denver that was humiliated, was simply icing on the cake.

But be honest Denver fans, you should be used to that in the Super Bowl by now ;)

I heard Elway had to be tied down in his box because he was having flashbacks to the late 80s :D

ashley
2/3/2014, 09:20 PM
Thing is: he comes across as a pretty genuine and decent fellow, but the media & so many sports fans go way overboard on how great he is, his football intellect, his ability to get inside the head of the opposing defense, hell...even the Omaha thing wore on me!

What I saw much of the season was a weak-armed old man, who had a great ability to find whatever receiver was open 5 yards past the LOS, generally hit him in stride, and do that over and over and over, and once ever so often take a shot down the field, and in this case "shot" being a pass over 20 yards.

Seattle was brilliant - set on the short passes, knock the mess out of them when they did catch it, pressure Manning who reverted to his tendency to go all "happy feet." It was beautiful!!!!

So you don't like someone because of what the media says about them? Good .....

8timechamps
2/3/2014, 09:27 PM
I enjoyed watching a very good defense show America how you play defense from the opening whistle to the closing whistle. The fact that it was Denver that was humiliated, was simply icing on the cake.

But be honest Denver fans, you should be used to that in the Super Bowl by now ;)

I heard Elway had to be tied down in his box because he was having flashbacks to the late 80s :D

Actually, our most recent trips to the SB were pretty good (98 vs GB, then 99 vs Atlanta), so this was kind of a 'blast from the past'. No question about it though, my Broncos were humiliated. In every aspect of the game.

My son said "I wish we hadn't even gotten to the Super Bowl", so I had to remind him that it's still better to get to the big one and lose, than to not get there at all.

Curly Bill
2/3/2014, 09:52 PM
So you don't like someone because of what the media says about them? Good .....

Yep! That's word for word what I said!

olevetonahill
2/3/2014, 09:56 PM
Yep! That's word for word what I said!

Dayum yer gettin soft. I was waiting fer a head yankin er sompun LOL

Curly Bill
2/3/2014, 10:09 PM
Dayum yer gettin soft. I was waiting fer a head yankin er sompun LOL

I sarcastically just totally agreed with him. It's easier than arguing something I don't care to argue in the first place.

olevetonahill
2/3/2014, 10:16 PM
I sarcastically just totally agreed with him. It's easier than arguing something I don't care to argue in the first place.

You jes an Old softie aint ya.

Eielson
2/3/2014, 10:27 PM
I haven't watched too much ESPN this year, but I'd imagine Manning was worthy of most of the praise. The guy's a legend.

Curly Bill
2/3/2014, 10:42 PM
You jes an Old softie aint ya.

Yeah, totally!

Ya see what I did there? ;)

jiminy
2/3/2014, 11:06 PM
So, you're tired of the Manning worship, but you're fine with all the Pete Carroll worship?

Curly Bill
2/3/2014, 11:58 PM
So, you're tired of the Manning worship, but you're fine with all the Pete Carroll worship?

Sure spanky! That's exactly what I said isn't it?

Good God! Why are some people so stupid?

Eielson
2/4/2014, 12:54 AM
So you like Brent Venables?

soonergirlNeugene
2/4/2014, 03:46 AM

Here ya go (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323297/article/pete-carroll-usc-fans-understand-seahawks-big-win)

stoops the eternal pimp
2/4/2014, 09:15 AM
Maybe it's not a big deal...Maybe I am the only one who noticed it.

But a little over an hour before the game, there was a few seahawks out on the field.Commentator says the hawks have been out and about, a few at a time, warming up. And one of the commentators said that none of the Broncos had come out of the locker room.. They cut to John Fox just milling around the locker room and then he goes right back in.. Anyway, I'm telling my buddies it just seemed odd they weren't out getting loose or doing something and I said it reminds me of the rain delay against Texas Tech at home when OU just sat around in the locker room.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2014, 09:37 AM
Here ya go (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323297/article/pete-carroll-usc-fans-understand-seahawks-big-win)

nice ref to the OU game...THAT is why I hate him...a$$wipe. Good thing now though, is he can actually LEGALLY pay his players, unlike his days at usc...they seem to forget that little bit.

jkjsooner
2/4/2014, 11:00 AM
My son said "I wish we hadn't even gotten to the Super Bowl", so I had to remind him that it's still better to get to the big one and lose, than to not get there at all.

I used to say the same thing to people who would bag on the Bills after they lost four in a row. Only 3 other teams had more success over that four year period than the Bills.

Anyway, what you say is true in the NFL and will be in college next year because a team will have to play their way into the game. In college there were always questions about whether the team was really good enough or whether they really deserved to be in the game. No time was that more in question than in '04/'05.

olevetonahill
2/4/2014, 11:53 AM

Thanks, **** him.

rock on sooner
2/4/2014, 12:03 PM

But a little over an hour before the game, there was a few seahawks out on the field.Commentator says the hawks have been out and about, a few at a time, warming up. And one of the commentators said that none of the Broncos had come out of the locker room.. They cut to John Fox just milling around the locker room and then he goes right back in.. Anyway, I'm telling my buddies it just seemed odd they weren't out getting loose or doing something and I said it reminds me of the rain delay against Texas Tech at home when OU just sat around in the locker room.

I didn't think about the Tech game but it sure did seem strange that the
Broncos weren't out on the field and the Seahawks were....

BoulderSooner79
2/4/2014, 12:23 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, but your schadenfreude got the best of you if this is what you really saw from Manning. His arm may be a tad weaker post-surgery, but not by much. He didn't put up those numbers this season just because all those teams had weak high school defenses (okay, maybe the Cowboys did). And there have been many good to great QBs that had weak schedules that didn't put up those kind of numbers. Heck, Brady has faced a weak AFC east for the better part of his career and he only put up those numbers the year he had Randy Moss in his prime. Manning would have thrown deep more often if he still had receivers like Harrison or Wayne, but he doesn't. None of the current guys are burners, so they only get deep if the defense busts a coverage. The fact is Manning has taken a team that would be slightly above average w/o him and carried them to the #1 AFC seed 2 years in a row. Seattle is just a much better team. Manning could have played his best game and they still would have lost.

Curly Bill
2/4/2014, 12:32 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the game, but your schadenfreude got the best of you if this is what you really saw from Manning. His arm may be a tad weaker post-surgery, but not by much. He didn't put up those numbers this season just because all those teams had weak high school defenses (okay, maybe the Cowboys did). And there have been many good to great QBs that had weak schedules that didn't put up those kind of numbers. Heck, Brady has faced a weak AFC east for the better part of his career and he only put up those numbers the year he had Randy Moss in his prime. Manning would have thrown deep more often if he still had receivers like Harrison or Wayne, but he doesn't. None of the current guys are burners, so they only get deep if the defense busts a coverage. The fact is Manning has taken a team that would be slightly above average w/o him and carried them to the #1 AFC seed 2 years in a row. Seattle is just a much better team. Manning could have played his best game and they still would have lost.

Bahahahaha

BoulderSooner79
2/4/2014, 01:18 PM
His arm was definitely stronger this year than last, so the healing process was a bigger positive factor than the aging negative factor. But he didn't throw for 5000+ yards 5yards at a time. No prediction for next year since he is in the QB "dog years" age. Many QBs are in their prime at 35, but few are still even playing at 40.

ashley
2/4/2014, 08:51 PM

Great post, as we have all seen for a long time wouldn't it be a living hell to view the world like Bill.

Curly Bill
2/4/2014, 10:26 PM
Great post, as we have all seen for a long time wouldn't it be a living hell to view the world like Bill.

LOL....You're trying too hard to make some nutso point, but I'm having fun. I guess I'd say: Lighten up Frances.

8timechamps
2/4/2014, 10:55 PM

Could be, there was something "off".

I read today that the Seattle defense figured out Manning's hand signals in the first quarter. If true, that would certainly explain the Broncos total offensive ineptitude. Unfortunately, Manning saved his worst game in the past two years for the biggest stage. He wasn't alone though.

Curly Bill
2/4/2014, 11:07 PM
Could be, there was something "off".

I read today that the Seattle defense figured out Manning's hand signals in the first quarter. If true, that would certainly explain the Broncos total offensive ineptitude. Unfortunately, Manning saved his worst game in the past two years for the biggest stage. He wasn't alone though.

I saw that too, but I immediately discounted the possibility. I mean, no way the greatest football mind in the history of the world would let this happen? Bahahahahaha

...and don't be trolling on me ashley or frances or whatever your name is!

olevetonahill
2/4/2014, 11:18 PM
Leno said The Only time He ever saw a Bronco move so slow it was being driven by OJ in LA!

Curly Bill
2/4/2014, 11:23 PM
Leno said The Only time He ever saw a Bronco move so slow it was being driven by OJ in LA!

Leno's such a hater! His life must be so miserable! :tongue:

BoulderSooner79
2/4/2014, 11:25 PM
I didn't see the same old man wearing the #18 as CB did, but I did see another old man in a Bronco uniform. Poor 'ol Champ Bailey has been a great player over the years, but he arrived at his first SB a shell of his former self. He honestly looked to be 75% the speed of the guys he was trying to cover.

Curly Bill
2/4/2014, 11:28 PM
Champ has seen his better days too, and he's got a lot of love over the years, but not the level that Payton has.

For Payton it's kinda like one of the talking heads said today: Manning got too much of the credit when they won, and he's gonna get too much of the blame when they lose.

The other thing about being the QB and not looking too shiny on the big stage is that everyone sees it.

olevetonahill
2/4/2014, 11:30 PM
Leno's such a hater! His life must be so miserable! :tongue:

:very_drunk:

BoulderSooner79
2/4/2014, 11:34 PM
Champ has seen his better days too, and he's got a lot of love over the years, but not the level that Payton has.

For Payton it's kinda like one of the talking heads said today: Manning got too much of the credit when they won, and he's gonna get too much of the blame when they lose.

The other thing about being the QB and not looking too shiny on the big stage is that everyone sees it.

Peyton has been slow from the get-go, so he doesn't have a step to lose (like me, so I relate :) ). But a corner back at 35 just doesn't cut it. There aren't many Darrell Greens out there.

Curly Bill
2/4/2014, 11:43 PM
Yeah, 35 and playing corner don't go together.

lexsooner
2/5/2014, 12:19 AM
Richard Sherman stated the Seahawks figured out Manning's hand signals to his receivers while reviewing game film and were able to know what the Bronco receivers were going to do before the snap. I guess they didn't need the Cambridge trained cryptologists to decipher the complex Peyton Manning Enigma code. Manning's older brother, the energy executive in New Orleans, always did say his brothers were nothing more than dumb jocks.

Curly Bill
2/5/2014, 12:23 AM
Richard Sherman stated the Seahawks figured out Manning's hand signals to his receivers while reviewing game film and were able to know what the Bronco receivers were going to do before the snap. I guess they didn't need the Cambridge trained cryptologists to decipher the complex Peyton Manning Enigma code. Manning's older brother, the energy executive in New Orleans, always did say his brothers were nothing more than dumb jocks.

Blasphemy!!

Curly Bill
2/5/2014, 12:24 AM
the Peyton Manning Enigma Code. That was good!

TAFBSooner
2/5/2014, 04:26 PM
Thanks, **** him.

Watching him made me root for texas, once, a long time ago. I've never forgiven him for that.

I feel so ashamed. :offended:

Scott D
2/7/2014, 02:03 AM
I didn't see the same old man wearing the #18 as CB did, but I did see another old man in a Bronco uniform. Poor 'ol Champ Bailey has been a great player over the years, but he arrived at his first SB a shell of his former self. He honestly looked to be 75% the speed of the guys he was trying to cover.

heh earlier in the year my dad (Broncos fan) and I were discussing Champ Bailey, and we both came to the conclusion that it was time for him to follow in the footsteps of Charles Woodson, and Rod Woodson, and a handful of very good Corners and just become a Safety already.

8timechamps
2/7/2014, 05:50 PM
heh earlier in the year my dad (Broncos fan) and I were discussing Champ Bailey, and we both came to the conclusion that it was time for him to follow in the footsteps of Charles Woodson, and Rod Woodson, and a handful of very good Corners and just become a Safety already.

The offseason before last, he said that was his plan in the next "few years". Hard to know just how much he has lost since he was only playing corner in the SB because of all the injuries...he had only been playing Nickle Back after coming back from his own injury.

Champ Bailey is a great man, and will be a HOF corner. Unfortunately, his body is starting to give up on him. I really hope he doesn't try to string it out too long. Since the Broncos have clearly gotten better with Manning, he may try and stick it out another year. I hope he'll move to safety this off-season, because he isn't the corner he used to be.

8timechamps
2/7/2014, 05:51 PM

Can't tell if you're being serious.