PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology...

Ruf/Nek7
1/28/2014, 12:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

OU is currently sitting at a 6 seed and starting out with BYU in Spokane Washington. I know that this is a prediction and that there is so much more to unravel in the upcoming weeks, but this would be a very tough first round matchup. From there, we would face the winner of SDSU vs. UC Irvine.

SDSU rematch would be pretty cool but they have the best defense in the country and are looking very tough. A win there would then pit us against a UCLA, George Washington, and then onto Kentucky. Overall feeling, this sucks and we need to get out of this current placement.

A win against ISU in Ames would be another huge RPI win and could bump us to a 5. much preferred.

8timechamps
1/29/2014, 10:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

OU is currently sitting at a 6 seed and starting out with BYU in Spokane Washington. I know that this is a prediction and that there is so much more to unravel in the upcoming weeks, but this would be a very tough first round matchup. From there, we would face the winner of SDSU vs. UC Irvine.

SDSU rematch would be pretty cool but they have the best defense in the country and are looking very tough. A win there would then pit us against a UCLA, George Washington, and then onto Kentucky. Overall feeling, this sucks and we need to get out of this current placement.

A win against ISU in Ames would be another huge RPI win and could bump us to a 5. much preferred.

I was looking at that yesterday, and I Lunardi hadn't updated in a few days. If we can beat ISU on the road, I think we'll be looking more like a 4 seed. Of course it's all just entertainment at this point.

Eielson
1/29/2014, 11:53 PM
Any first round game is going to be tough for this team. I don't think we have the personnel to make a game look easy. On the other hand, we can compete with anybody in the country, so we won't ever be ruled out.

If we knock off ISU, that would mean we knocked off two 3 seeds in the same week. I've got ISU as the second toughest game left on our schedule, though.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/30/2014, 02:15 PM
The latest Bracketology has us as a 4 seed playing the Delaware Blue Hens. Didn't we lose to Delaware in the first round in the Kelvin days? Or maybe they're just stuck in my mind with all the other first round losses. Manhatten. Indiana State (without Larry Bird). Others

BTW, has anybody noticed the basketball being played on the I-35 corridor?

1 Rock Chalk chickenhawk
1 Wichitata State
4 There's Only One
5 Si-Clowns
5 Little Brother
7 Whorn
12 Death Penalty

Not bad for fly-over country.

SoonerorLater
1/30/2014, 02:39 PM
I say pluck the Blue Hens.

badger
1/30/2014, 04:36 PM
I say pluck the Blue Hens.

Why should we have to pluck them? I say they can go pluck themselves!

8timechamps
1/30/2014, 06:36 PM
The latest Bracketology has us as a 4 seed playing the Delaware Blue Hens. Didn't we lose to Delaware in the first round in the Kelvin days? Or maybe they're just stuck in my mind with all the other first round losses. Manhatten. Indiana State (without Larry Bird). Others

BTW, has anybody noticed the basketball being played on the I-35 corridor?

1 Rock Chalk chickenhawk
1 Wichitata State
4 There's Only One
5 Si-Clowns
5 Little Brother
7 Whorn
12 Death Penalty

Not bad for fly-over country.

I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason the Manhattan loss was the toughest for me to swallow. I remember being so upset I didn't watch another game the rest of that tourney.

Sooner95
1/30/2014, 09:12 PM
Couple of tough road games coming up though. ISU will be looking to return the favor and WV is never easy to play at.

8timechamps
1/30/2014, 10:01 PM
Couple of tough road games coming up though. ISU will be looking to return the favor and WV is never easy to play at.

We have 4 really tough games left:

@ Iowa State
@ Okie State
@ Kansas
@ West Virginia

ISU, KU and OSU for obvious reasons. West Virginia because it looks more and more like that may be one of the toughest places to play in the conference.

Sooner95
1/31/2014, 10:53 PM
Agree. Though I'm not taking @TCU for granted, last year we laid a freakin egg there.

8timechamps
1/31/2014, 10:55 PM
Agree. Though I'm not taking @TCU for granted, last year we laid a freakin egg there.

Good point, and we also let them hang around in Norman this year.

Nowadays, any road win is a good win.

Eielson
1/31/2014, 11:58 PM
No road games are a lock in conference play, but TCU is as close to a lock as it gets.

Sooner95
2/26/2014, 07:48 PM
At this point I believe we will fall in the 6-9 seed range. If we win out and snag the Big12 tourney, then perhaps a 5 seed.

3 Games remaining, 2 home, 1 away, all winnable. It would be nice if we could get our hands on a #2 seed in Big12 to earn a bye, but we shall see.

The effort is there with this team, only egg was home again Tinytech..what a crock..but I digress.

shytnik
2/28/2014, 02:24 AM
I said they would be a 6 seed back in December, so I like the position, but honestly I think it all depends not only on how well we do with the last 3 games, and in the Big 12 tourney as well. I think if we drop to texas (which I don't think we will) and we don't present well at the Big12's we could be an 8-9. But win out and get to the title game of the Big12 and I could see keeping a 6, win the Big 12 and I'd say we jump up to a 5.

Ruf/Nek7
3/4/2014, 03:17 PM
Back up to a 5 seed. No matter what site you look at, i do not care for many of the proposed brackets. I think the worse would have to be this one....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/03/02/usa-today-sports-ncaa-tournament-bracketology/5944741/

Wichita St, Ucla, Memphis, Kentucky, and Duke..YIKES!

badger
3/4/2014, 03:26 PM
Big 12 has 7 bids again, cool. I guess that means WVU, Tech and TCU are the outliers.

I'd say OSU, Baylor and KSU are the only bubbles left and that everyone else is pretty solid. Agree?

8timechamps
3/4/2014, 06:18 PM
Back up to a 5 seed. No matter what site you look at, i do not care for many of the proposed brackets. I think the worse would have to be this one....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/03/02/usa-today-sports-ncaa-tournament-bracketology/5944741/

Wichita St, Ucla, Memphis, Kentucky, and Duke..YIKES!

Lunardi really does know his stuff. He's consistently the one guy that is most accurate. The only place he can be inconsistent is in the mid-range seeds 6-11, but those are really tough to figure as there typically isn't enough difference between about 7-10 to know ahead of time where they will be seeded.

But yeah, there are some crazy brackets out there.

8timechamps
3/4/2014, 06:21 PM
Big 12 has 7 bids again, cool. I guess that means WVU, Tech and TCU are the outliers.

I'd say OSU, Baylor and KSU are the only bubbles left and that everyone else is pretty solid. Agree?

I agree. Amazingly, I think OSU will get in (sure didn't look that way a week ago). Baylor's future is on the line tonight (against ISU), it's a must win for the Bears. K-State is tough, because they have had some quality wins, and going into last weekend, they had the best RPI of those three.

WVU is starting to get interesting. They are certainly a looooong shot to make it, but a win over us (which I seriously doubt will happen), and a championship game appearance in the conference tourney may make it interesting for the Mountaineers. Again, it's a very long shot.

TCU is terrible.