PDA

View Full Version : McCain not Republican enough

yermom
1/26/2014, 09:16 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20140125arizona-republican-party-mccain-censure-gop.html

Delivering a strong rebuke to U.S. Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republicans passed a resolution to censure the one-time presidential nominee for what they characterize as a liberal record that has been “disastrous and harmful” to the state and nation.

While McCain is a political star on the national stage, for years he has had to contend with vocal critics in his home state, who accuse him of betraying the Grand Old Party’s principles.

Saturday’s censure came two weeks after the Maricopa County Republican Party passed a resolution to censure the senator on a 1,150-to-351 vote.

The state GOP party’s censure passed by acclamation, meaning by a voice vote. It has no practical effect, but serves as an attempt to embarrass the senator.

please continue eating your own. seems to be working so far.

Soonerjeepman
1/26/2014, 06:41 PM
I totally agree..guy is a lib.

rock on sooner
1/26/2014, 07:26 PM
I totally agree..guy is a lib.

Hey, Jeep, you said in another thread that "holy crap, we agree on something!"

Here we don't, (so we're even, lol,:playful:)..McCain is a hawk and that
doesn't make him a lib. It makes him freakin dangerous! He shoots off his
mouth and our treasure has to back it up. As a vet that some insight into the
NSA stuff and electronics intercept in general, my belief is most of these pols
have just enough info to get US in trouble, and, I speak about both sides of the
aisle....

SoonerorLater
1/26/2014, 08:10 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20140125arizona-republican-party-mccain-censure-gop.html

I would love for John McCain to be gone today. How the legal voters of AZ keep re-electing this guy is beyond comprehension. In an R. minority senate he means nothing but a roadblock for true conservatism. I'd be willing to take a chance of losing a seat than continue with McCain. He is the absolute antithesis of what I believe. Always willing to send troops into places we don't belong yet willing to turn his back on the laws of the country by ignoring immigration laws already in place.

okie52
1/26/2014, 09:31 PM

Ever heard the term RINO? Nobody fits that term better than McCain.

FaninAma
1/27/2014, 12:37 AM

Get back to me after the mid-term elections.

okie52
1/28/2014, 12:49 PM
Heh heh...McCain is fired up!!!

McCain: Arizona GOP Reprimand 'Fires Me Up' to Run Again

Tuesday, 28 Jan 2014 06:47 AM
By Elliot Jager

Sen. John McCain said "extremists" were behind his censure by the Arizona Republican Party but that it just encourages him to seek re-election.

McCain's accusers say he is too tight with liberal Democrats and their positions, Breitbart News reported. McCain said it's all about his support for Obamacare.

"It's regrettable, but I think it's a case where a lot of extremists have taken over the Republican Party and one of their complaints about me was that I support Obamacare. That's unethical to say that," McCain told the site.

McCain said the state GOP reprimand "fires me up" as he weighs whether to run for re-election in 2016, when he would be 80 years old.

"We've got polling data that shows overwhelming support. I've won every election in Arizona by very large margins, quite often with the opposition of [the right flank] of the party," Politico reported.

The state GOP said McCain, an Arizona Republican, has a "long and terrible record of drafting, co-sponsoring, and voting for legislation best associated with liberal Democrats, such as amnesty, funding for Obamacare, the debt ceiling, liberal nominees, assaults on the Constitution and Second Amendment," the resolution read.

McCain responded that he had "led the fight for 25 days on the floor of the Senate" against Obamacare.

He opposed the conservative strategy of closing down the government in October 2013 rather than allowing any spending bill that funds the Affordable Care Act to pass.

He said that Republicans would be blamed for any shutdown and warned: "I know how the movie ends: We don't defund Obamacare until we have 67 Republicans in the United States Senate," Politico reported.

Meanwhile, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, McCain's vice presidential running mate, came to his defense in a Monday Facebook posting: "I consider Senator John McCain an American hero and a friend. He fights to remind our president that the federal government's first priority must be strong defense of our homeland, and ... he fights against big-spending colleagues who don't prioritize for our military’s needs," The Washington Post reported.

Palin said that while they did not agree on all the issues, including immigration reform and the debt, Palin said she found it "perplexing" that McCain's efforts to block the Obama agenda had been ignored and possibly undermined by his opponents to the right in Arizona.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/mccain-arizona-gop-reprimand/2014/01/28/id/549369#ixzz2riTkjiXs

Looks like John forgot to mention his role in the gang of eight...I'm sure it was popular with his constituents...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/28/2014, 01:47 PM

You know that trolling can be slightly addictive right? ;)

I'm split on McCain. On one hand he offends my pro-term limit self (I personally think the Senate term should be reduced to 3 years with a 3 term limit). On the other hand, he pleases me in that he isn't a rubber stamp party vote (80%) (I think that if someone from a district votes with their party over 90% of the time, the district should just get a proxy vote for the party, not an actual representative).

KantoSooner
1/28/2014, 02:30 PM
Meh, leave the senate at six years. Limit the number of terms if you want. We need at least one of the legislative houses to be more than a reflection of the voters' momentary passions.

8timechamps
1/29/2014, 09:53 PM
Censures are ALWAYS* a worthwhile use of time.

*Never

Why do they keep electing him? Personally, I like McCain. I don't always agree with him, but I do think he's more than just a professional politician.

Soonerjeepman
1/30/2014, 01:08 PM
Hey, Jeep, you said in another thread that "holy crap, we agree on something!"

Here we don't, (so we're even, lol,:playful:)..McCain is a hawk and that
doesn't make him a lib. It makes him freakin dangerous! He shoots off his
mouth and our treasure has to back it up. As a vet that some insight into the
NSA stuff and electronics intercept in general, my belief is most of these pols
have just enough info to get US in trouble, and, I speak about both sides of the
aisle....

lol, true. See, we agree again....the world is about to end~