PDA

View Full Version : Seth Litrell headed to Chapel Hill

Mazeppa
1/24/2014, 08:56 PM
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) -- North Carolina has hired Seth Littrell as assistant head coach for offense and tight ends coach.

The school made his hiring official Friday after negotiating a deal with him earlier this week. The former Indiana offensive coordinator replaces Blake Anderson, who ran Larry Fedora's no-huddle spread offense for two seasons before becoming head coach at Arkansas State.
Under Littrell, Indiana averaged 38.4 points and 508.5 yards this season. The 35-year-old had also worked as an assistant at Arizona and Texas Tech.
In addition, UNC said receivers coach Gunter Brewer and offensive line coach Chris Kapilovic have been named co-offensive coordinators.
Anderson, who also coached quarterbacks, hired former Tar Heels tight ends coach Walt Bell for his Arkansas State staff. That leaves Fedora with one more staff position to fill.
''Seth has been a successful offensive coach and recruiter everywhere he's been,'' Fedora said in a statement. ''... I believe he'll be a great fit for our program and for this university. He will bring some new ideas to our offensive system and I'm excited to have him in Chapel Hill.''
Indiana set several school single-season records under Littrell in 2013, including for total yards and points, and led the Big Ten in passing offense in his first year in 2012.
''I'm excited to be here and look forward to working for a great institution,'' he said. ''This is a great coaching staff and I can't wait to meet our players and get to work.''

8timechamps
1/24/2014, 09:03 PM
Good for Seth!

I'm not sure I would want to be at UNC (in the football program) right now, but it's definitely a step in the direction he wants to go. I hope he does well.

SoonerMarkVA
1/24/2014, 10:00 PM
Hope he makes his way back to Norman some day. Have always really liked Littrell.

oupride
1/25/2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the post.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/25/2014, 01:01 PM
Good for Seth!

I'm not sure I would want to be at UNC (in the football program) right now, but it's definitely a step in the direction he wants to go. I hope he does well.

Do you think Kevin Wilson is going to survive another losing season?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/25/2014, 01:06 PM
heh, I was looking at their coaching staff.

They had James Patton on the Defensive side of the ball (now he is fullbacks and tight ends)

Others:

Brandon Shelby coaches cornerbacks
Carter Whitson is a GA