PDA

View Full Version : Its Frickin' freezing in here Mr. Bigglesworth...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/22/2014, 03:58 PM
Up to Fort McMurray this week and review of an Oil Sands construction project... -15 deg. F. this morning when I went out. It is 4 deg. F now...Balmy... :eek:

badger
1/22/2014, 04:04 PM
I admittedly just had to google where that fort was, because it's frickin' freezing everywhere just about now :)

It's expected to drop to teens/single digits in the coming nights here in Oklahoma. Stay warm!

Jacie
1/22/2014, 05:54 PM
Was -26 this morning. Finally got up to 0 this afternoon with another sub-zero night expected. When it warms up to highs in the mid 20's later this week we'll go nuts here!

diverdog
1/23/2014, 12:12 AM
I am camping with my scouts this weekend and it will be a balmy 12 degrees at night. Brrr. That is still warmer than where you are.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/23/2014, 12:21 AM
Diver, I did winter camping when I was in scouts. You win, at least I am in a heated camp building. If you do not have the proper gear, winter camping is the worst thing to experience ever...If you have good gear, it isn't too bad.

8timechamps
1/23/2014, 01:11 AM
In a strange turn of events, it's been in the 50's and 60's this week in Denver. That's changing though.

FirstandGoal
1/23/2014, 01:49 AM
Temps are dropping rapidly here in OKC.

Oddly enough the air conditioning was running tonight in my pharmacy (no thermostat to adjust and no ability to adjust it even if we had one) and I froze my *** off.
Got the 'lectric blanket heating up on the bed right now.

KantoSooner
1/23/2014, 09:41 AM
I've stacked the fireplace with persimmon wood (burns like freakin' coal, one load and you're good to go for half the night) and put more on the back porch. It was 9 this morning, supposedly 5 by tomorrow morning. And I live in OK!.
I intend to light that puppy when I get home from work and then perhaps enjoy a spiked hot tea. All that is missing is a snuggle companion and perhaps a useless aging bird dog.

badger
1/23/2014, 09:49 AM
All that crappy north wind... felt below zero this morning with actual temps in the teens. fortunately, it's going to shift south-ish overnight and then suddenly, 50s this weekend. Yay, Tulsa crazy weather

OU68
1/23/2014, 10:15 AM
Cloudy and cold here at the lake - this is why I hated Pittsburgh! :cold:

TheHumanAlphabet
1/27/2014, 03:25 PM
Now I am in Abu Dhabi and not so much...

8timechamps
1/27/2014, 06:49 PM
I've stacked the fireplace with persimmon wood (burns like freakin' coal, one load and you're good to go for half the night) and put more on the back porch. It was 9 this morning, supposedly 5 by tomorrow morning. And I live in OK!.
I intend to light that puppy when I get home from work and then perhaps enjoy a spiked hot tea. All that is missing is a snuggle companion and perhaps a useless aging bird dog.

I'm on my way...

Oh, maybe you had someone else in mind.

FirstandGoal
1/28/2014, 01:18 AM
I'm on my way...

Oh, maybe you had someone else in mind.

:P

KantoSooner
1/28/2014, 09:39 AM
8TC, I have NEVER called you useless. Perish the thought.

8timechamps
1/28/2014, 07:41 PM
8TC, I have NEVER called you useless. Perish the thought.

Well played sir. Well played.

I do play a mean game of fetch though...