PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young update (bankrupt!)

badger
1/22/2014, 02:39 PM
Link (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10332961/vince-young-former-nfl-texas-longhorns-quarterback-files-bankruptcy)

The petition was filed last week in a Houston federal bankruptcy court, listing Young with estimated assets between $500,001 and $1 million and liabilities between $1,001,000 and $10 million. The Houston Chronicle reports no specific details on Young's assets and liabilities were immediately available.

He really just needs to set up camp in Austin and sing autographs for the rest of his life (during which UT will never win another national title in football, making his signature quite valuable)

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/22/2014, 03:12 PM
maybe he should have sold his name for the Vince Young Steakhouse for more money..or at least asked for a % of the profits

Curly Bill
1/22/2014, 03:16 PM
Hard to believe someone so bright could squander away all their money!

Bahahahahahaha!!!!

stoopified
1/22/2014, 03:20 PM
Who here didn't see this coming?

badger
1/22/2014, 03:28 PM
I was surprised... because I thought he already had declared bankruptcy

sooneron
1/22/2014, 03:52 PM
Link (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10332961/vince-young-former-nfl-texas-longhorns-quarterback-files-bankruptcy)

He really just needs to set up camp in Austin and sing autographs for the rest of his life (during which UT will never win another national title in football, making his signature quite valuable)

Singing autographs just might work out for him, seeing as how he probably can barely write his name!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/22/2014, 04:06 PM

Sad to hear. Not that it is unexpected. His "advisors" and his spending seemed extremely spendthrift.

Herr Scholz
1/22/2014, 04:37 PM

Bahahahahahaha!!!!
Wow.

Curly Bill
1/22/2014, 04:43 PM
Wow.

Thanks whorn!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/22/2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks whorn!he's back. hey they beat us this year, and they have a new coach and are optimistic. Guess it's not surprising he's back.

Herr Scholz
1/22/2014, 05:02 PM
I just remembered why I don't hang out here ever. Stay classy. Hope nothing bad ever happens to you, Curly Bill.

Curly Bill
1/22/2014, 05:04 PM
I just remembered why I don't hang out here ever. Stay classy. Hope nothing bad ever happens to you, Curly Bill.

Thanks! I'm really worried about message board karma!

picasso
1/22/2014, 05:22 PM
Couldn't Vince do PR in Austin the rest of his life?
I'm betting he's going to be fine.

olevetonahill
1/22/2014, 05:24 PM

I thot ya was Hangin out a Lot. Oh well dont let the door hit ya on the Hooves as ya go out.

Jacie
1/22/2014, 05:37 PM
The problem is, his friends are not NFL football players who signed big contracts like he did so in order to have a posse he had to pick up the tab, a situation not uncommon to professional athletes.

Didn't he throw himself a lavish birthday bash recently?

Couple that with failed relationships resulting in ex-wives and child support (though in Vinnie's case, I don't think he has either) and poor financial advice from well-meaning and/or self-serving friends and relatives and even the most frugal can burn through $34 million.

1/22/2014, 06:02 PM
Couldn't Vince do PR in Austin the rest of his life?
I'm betting he's going to be fine.local radio and TV could/should find stuff for him to advertise, no? with the tu degree, he should be able to read the script...or at least some of it...he DID get a sheepskin from the whorns, didn't he?:excitement:

kbsooner21
1/22/2014, 06:05 PM
I heard part of his sentencing was that he is now only allowed to order off the "2 for $10" menu at T.G.I.Friday's

1/22/2014, 06:17 PM
why is it he can't get on a team in the NFL? He can still run fast and shifty, right?

REDREX
1/22/2014, 06:44 PM
He is a sad example of those kids that have no clue how to handle money and with the help of their posse **** away all they have----Although Vince was able to do it in record time

1/22/2014, 07:11 PM
He is a sad example of those kids that have no clue how to handle money and with the help of their posse **** away all they have----Although Vince was able to do it in record timeI still think he could do something in the NFL, and get good money(and a handler, to keep him from blowing it again). That is, if he's physically unable.

REDREX
1/22/2014, 07:27 PM
I still think he could do something in the NFL, and get good money(and a handler, to keep him from blowing it again). That is, if he's physically unable.-I think a lot of his problem is between his ears----sad deal but it is his own fault

hawaii 5-0
1/22/2014, 07:48 PM
Do the Wonderlic people need someone to sharpen their pencils?

5-0

sooneron
1/22/2014, 09:41 PM
ZANG!

SoonerDomiNation
1/22/2014, 09:50 PM
He probably spent all his money on tutors trying to pass that damn wonderlick test.

8timechamps
1/23/2014, 12:50 AM
You would think between college and the NFL there would be specialized programs in place to educate these young men. Many of them don't come from any kind of wealth, and are terrible with selecting advisors. They usually end up hiring a 'family friend' that may, or may not, have any kind of financial training/background. I know the NFL has a rookie seminar, but I suspect they pay little/or no attention to what is being said.

Young should be able to make a living in Austin somewhere. There are plenty of Texas alumni that would hire him just because he's Vince Young.

ashley
1/23/2014, 09:01 AM
I know that Mack Brown advised and begged him to do the right things along the way and he wouldn't listen.

badger
1/23/2014, 09:24 AM
I know that Mack Brown advised and begged him to do the right things along the way and he wouldn't listen.

Mack lost credibility with Vince when Vince won a national championship after Mack stopped trying to coach him. It might be me trying to be funny, or it might be the truth.

I do think that Vince still has the ability to play in the NFL, but I have also read that teams that signed him were saddled with direct payment agreements to creditors, notably that group that preyed on NFLers during the lockout with high interest loans. Considering his assets and liability that became public with that story, I doubt they were the only ones looking to collect.

I am not sure if that was the deciding factor or not in the Packers cutting him, but considering how poorly everyone they kept at QB performed when Rodgers went down, it is very curious. The fact that they are mid-season signing the likes of Scott Tolzien and Matt Flynn rather than calling VY up also raises eyebrows.

jkjsooner
1/23/2014, 09:49 AM
They usually end up hiring a 'family friend' that may, or may not, have any kind of financial training/background.

How much financial training do you really need? Put some of it in conservative investments (short term bonds, etc.) Put some in an index fund. Keep some in cash.

The biggest is to realize that contracts are not guaranteed in the NFL. Always assume your next game is your last.

Other than having a posse and blowing money, too many of these guys see themselves as businessmen. Buying a few restaurants might be a good way to make money but it's also a good way to lose your shirt. If you have $35 million, you can live a darn good life just from the interest on an ultra-conservative investment.

dwarthog
1/23/2014, 10:46 AM
Our society seems to be more enamored with enforcing the view that material objects are more important than enacting sound financial policies as part of a persons lifestyle.

Not too surprising that another athlete with a wad of cash has blown it, IMO it's fairly representative of society in general.

badger
1/23/2014, 10:51 AM
The biggest is to realize that contracts are not guaranteed in the NFL. Always assume your next game is your last.

That's like telling players not to believe that grayshirting and scholarship revocation and other tricky SEC practices won't happen to them, because those were lesser players and you're so awesome that'll never happen to you, Mr. Five-Star Recruit First Round Draft Pick Pro Bowler (VY was all three).

They have NFL rookie symposiums with former players and former coaches (ESPN's Broke documentary showed Herm Edwards talking to them, for example). You can only go so far before you have to let the players make their own decisions, fail and learn on their own

Wishboned
1/23/2014, 11:26 AM
How does one ring up a $6000 tab at TGI Fridays?

http://bossip.com/649499/vince-youngs-crazy-purchases-that-drove-him-broke3920/

A $5000 a week Cheesecake Factory habit. Buying every seat on a Southwest Airlines flight because he wanted to be alone.

KantoSooner
1/23/2014, 11:26 AM
I listened about a year ago to an interview with Kid Rock. Yes, the financial guru. Actually the guy is pretty damn smart. His basic take is that, once you have about twice the poverty line, take half and live on it. Save the rest and keep doing that forever. "Live beneath your means" is the mantra. He's refreshingly holistic about it. Says it makes life so much more pleasant when all your bills are covered without sweat.
I was thinking, 'Kid Rock, who'd've thunk it?"

That aside notwithstanding, Radio is one of the dumbest human beings still able to fog a mirror. There was another guy, in Senegal, but he died because he forgot how to breath.

Curly Bill
1/23/2014, 11:37 AM
I listened about a year ago to an interview with Kid Rock. Yes, the financial guru. Actually the guy is pretty damn smart. His basic take is that, once you have about twice the poverty line, take half and live on it. Save the rest and keep doing that forever. "Live beneath your means" is the mantra. He's refreshingly holistic about it. Says it makes life so much more pleasant when all your bills are covered without sweat.

That aside notwithstanding, Radio is one of the dumbest human beings still able to fog a mirror. There was another guy, in Senegal, but he died because he forgot how to breath.

For someone who when he first showed up I was like WTF, I've come to like Kid Rock a lot.

KantoSooner
1/23/2014, 11:54 AM
If you've never heard him out of 'character', don't miss the chance. His comments on parenting, relationships, etc were all pretty refreshingly common sensical. Frankly, I'd expected some gang sign flashing half wit. Nice to be wrong in this case.

Curly Bill
1/23/2014, 11:55 AM
If you've never heard him out of 'character', don't miss the chance. His comments on parenting, relationships, etc were all pretty refreshingly common sensical. Frankly, I'd expected some gang sign flashing half wit. Nice to be wrong in this case.

I agree.

King Barry's Back
1/23/2014, 12:26 PM
For someone who when he first showed up I was like WTF, I've come to like Kid Rock a lot.

Yeah, Kid Rock is cool. I am basically just a kid from very small town OK, more like Mayberry than about anywhere else. And I find very few celebrities who kind of seem to "get" my lifestyle, and Kid Rock is one.

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2014, 12:56 PM
It's America...we love watching self-absorbed stars crash and burn...

IamBigRed
1/23/2014, 01:27 PM
I can understand rookies blowing thru money fast. If you came from very little and all the sudden have millions it probably seems impossible to spend it all. You never had anything to to budget before so you don't even understand the concept of budgeting. They learn the hard way, if at all, if you don't oversee the money all the hangers on can go through it very fast. As for putting money into investments like bonds, stocks etc. that's definitely foreign to kids and needs a sound financial investor to at least set up even something simple. I'm sure most sleep through the financial classes they get when entering NFL.

Curly Bill
1/23/2014, 01:44 PM
I can understand rookies blowing thru money fast. If you came from very little and all the sudden have millions it probably seems impossible to spend it all. You never had anything to to budget before so you don't even understand the concept of budgeting. They learn the hard way, if at all, if you don't oversee the money all the hangers on can go through it very fast. As for putting money into investments like bonds, stocks etc. that's definitely foreign to kids and needs a sound financial investor to at least set up even something simple. I'm sure most sleep through the financial classes they get when entering NFL.

I'm guessing Radio slept through most of his classes at any level.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/23/2014, 01:50 PM
You would think between college and the NFL there would be specialized programs in place to educate these young men. .

There are all kinds of programs for this.. Most don't use what they have access to.

Soonerjeepman
1/23/2014, 02:25 PM
You would think between college and the NFL there would be specialized programs in place to educate these young men. Many of them don't come from any kind of wealth, and are terrible with selecting advisors. They usually end up hiring a 'family friend' that may, or may not, have any kind of financial training/background. I know the NFL has a rookie seminar, but I suspect they pay little/or no attention to what is being said.

Young should be able to make a living in Austin somewhere. There are plenty of Texas alumni that would hire him just because he's Vince Young.

here's a reality...

you can take these guys out of the hood but can't take the hood out of them....

birddog
1/23/2014, 02:32 PM
Ryan leaf isn't from the hood. There are some great articles written about his addictions.

badger
1/23/2014, 02:51 PM
There are all kinds of programs for this.. Most don't use what they have access to.

I admittedly only used OU's writing center resources when the professor offered extra credit if you got a rough draft stamped from one. Perhaps such language could be written into contracts that encourage use of available resources? Bonus money for doing the right things?

8timechamps
1/23/2014, 04:05 PM
How much financial training do you really need? Put some of it in conservative investments (short term bonds, etc.) Put some in an index fund. Keep some in cash.

Other than having a posse and blowing money, too many of these guys see themselves as businessmen. Buying a few restaurants might be a good way to make money but it's also a good way to lose your shirt. If you have $35 million, you can live a darn good life just from the interest on an ultra-conservative investment.

jk, I'm assuming you come from a family that taught (or at least exemplified) some basic financial planning. Many of the guys that enter the NFL have nothing close to that. Go back and re-watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on Marcus Dupree. That is more accurate. I have no idea what Vince Young's background is, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he came from a rough situation.

It seems pretty obvious to a lot of us, that given the same opportunity, we'd be able to take care of our new found wealth. That's simply not true for a lot of folks out there. I can give you story after story about folks that are in their 30's and have never had a bank account, or even know how to write a check.

Enter the family friend...who is an "expert" and will take care of the finances. In a lot of those cases, they know little more than the athlete, and are in it to pay themselves. They assume the money is going to continue, and wind up making ridiculous investments and/or spending the money as if it were never going to stop.

Also, your basic investment recommendation is based on what? Your risk tolerance? Your retirement goal? Your investment balance? I'm not saying it's bad advice, but when you start managing assets at a 5+ million dollar mark, mutual funds are not the investment of choice. But, that's probably for a different thread.

8timechamps
1/23/2014, 04:05 PM
here's a reality...

you can take these guys out of the hood but can't take the hood out of them....

Yep, there's a strong case for that.

8timechamps
1/23/2014, 04:09 PM

Here's the deal; Kid Rock came from a financially independent family. His dad owned several car dealerships, so I assume he was able to at least learn the basics of financial management. Much different background than a lot of the kids that enter the NFL.

He's actually a pretty interesting guy, that found his niche. Plus, he got to have sexy time with Pamela Anderson.

8timechamps
1/23/2014, 04:14 PM

I know, but the way they structure them is where the problem lies. I work with a local agent that represents linemen, and every year he brings his clients to Denver prior to the draft (they do workouts, classroom work, etc). We do a three day program on financial planning. Surprisingly, most of the guys really get into it and are interested. There are a few each year that don't, but it's a small percentage. Anyway, one of the guys that works with the agent is a former NFL lineman, and he says that other than the rookie seminar, there is very little available, and that most guys rely on their agent. Fortunately, the folks I work with understand the importance of financial planning, but I'm sure there are plenty of agents that are in it for their own payday, and little more.

KantoSooner
1/23/2014, 04:30 PM
Plus, he got to have sexy time with Pamela Anderson.

He was even classy about that. Said the getting married to her was great and that she was a wonderful person, but that they were not great being married. Totally avoided going negative on her. It was well played. Made me want to be his roadie.

Curly Bill
1/23/2014, 04:32 PM
He was even classy about that. Said the getting married to her was great and that she was a wonderful person, but that they were not great being married. Totally avoided going negative on her. It was well played. Made me want to be his roadie.

Hellz yeah! I'd love to hang out with the guy!

SoonerorLater
1/23/2014, 04:47 PM
Do the Wonderlic people need someone to sharpen their pencils?

5-0

Hey Vince got a 6 on the Wonderlic didn't he? It's not like he got a 0.

Curly Bill
1/23/2014, 04:51 PM
Didn't Radio sign his name with an X on that thing?

KantoSooner
1/23/2014, 05:20 PM
well, it wasn't really an 'X' kind of 'X', but it had been made with a pen. And he was holding the pen in his own hand when the mark was made....

SoonerorLater
1/23/2014, 06:17 PM
well, it wasn't really an 'X' kind of 'X', but it had been made with a pen. And he was holding the pen in his own hand when the mark was made....

See? He's a lot smarter than we give him credit for.

Curly Bill
1/23/2014, 11:19 PM
I wish Herr would could back and tell us how mean and hateful we're being to his guy!

oupride
1/24/2014, 09:35 AM
Sept. 2012, USA Today http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/20/vince-young-cheesecake-factory/70000817/1#.UuJ5NvtMGt9

oupride
1/24/2014, 09:45 AM
Feb. 2013, NBC http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/adviser-vince-young-got-a-loan-to-throw-himself-a-300000-party/

badger
1/24/2014, 11:05 AM
In retrospect, he knew the gravy train was over and he was never going to see the amount of money he got in his rookie deal ever again, and he found a way to milk some unsuspecting idiot financers to fund an expensive party, his lockout month's expenses and his expensive chain restaurant habits.

And now, those idiot financers are left high and dry because they mistakenly thought he was an NFL-worthy quarterback with years left in the league and now they can't collect.

Who's the biggest moron here --- VY for the expensive habits, or the financers for thinking he was still an NFL quarterback?! I mean, did any of us here really believe all of that bull**** about the Eagles being a "dream team" or about him being in the hall of fame, or being the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl? Utter bull**** uttered by a moron, but believed by idiot financers that approved him for these loans that he cannot repay because there never was a dream team in Philly, there was no chance of him winning a Super Bowl, and there's not gonna be a Hall of Fame bust, either.

The financers were foolish. I hope his child support/family obligation payments come first out of any assets he obtains in the next few years, rather than their high interest loan crap.

Breadburner
1/24/2014, 12:43 PM
He was done when he threw his pads into the stands.....

1/24/2014, 01:11 PM
In retrospect, he knew the gravy train was over and he was never going to see the amount of money he got in his rookie deal ever again, and he found a way to milk some unsuspecting idiot financers to fund an expensive party, his lockout month's expenses and his expensive chain restaurant habits.

And now, those idiot financers are left high and dry because they mistakenly thought he was an NFL-worthy quarterback with years left in the league and now they can't collect.

Who's the biggest moron here --- VY for the expensive habits, or the financers for thinking he was still an NFL quarterback?! I mean, did any of us here really believe all of that bull**** about the Eagles being a "dream team" or about him being in the hall of fame, or being the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl? Utter bull**** uttered by a moron, but believed by idiot financers that approved him for these loans that he cannot repay because there never was a dream team in Philly, there was no chance of him winning a Super Bowl, and there's not gonna be a Hall of Fame bust, either.

The financers were foolish. I hope his child support/family obligation payments come first out of any assets he obtains in the next few years, rather than their high interest loan crap.Badger, I'm curious why you posted the above. Why are you so convinced Vince knew his playing days were numbered. He never got seriously injured, as far as I know, and he prolly thought he was going to be an adequate pro passer.

I still am not convinced he couldn't still make it doing something in the NFL. He's still a freak of nature, and oughta give it another go.

swardboy
1/24/2014, 01:42 PM
I still am not convinced he couldn't still make it doing something in the NFL. He's still a freak of nature, and oughta give it another go.

Seriously. I can't see him having any other choice. What say ye Herr?

birddog
1/24/2014, 02:03 PM
Isn't he too fat now? Does he have football motivation or just financial motivation? He should prolly go the arena ball route just to get fit and compete again

jkjsooner
1/24/2014, 02:15 PM
jk, I'm assuming you come from a family that taught (or at least exemplified) some basic financial planning.

Actually I wasn't really taught that. My parents lived mostly paycheck to paycheck when I was living at home. That was out of necessity but they did teach me to be conservative in my spending. They were state employees so they had good retirement plans but they didn't manage those themselves.

I was good at math so the concept of compound interest was easy for me. Probably the best course I took in college in this area was engineering economics. It basically covered all the time value of money principles. I think anyone who truly understands those principles would save more than the average person.

But, anyway, some of it I didn't learn until I got my first 401k plan.

badger
1/24/2014, 02:50 PM
Badger, I'm curious why you posted the above. Why are you so convinced Vince knew his playing days were numbered. He never got seriously injured, as far as I know, and he prolly thought he was going to be an adequate pro passer.

If you look at the timing of those linked reports above, they came after he was released by the Bills in the 2012 preseason, but before the Packers gave him one final shot in the 2013 preseason. He was completely and hopelessly unemployed with no shot at getting in anywhere till the Packers said "what the hell, welcome aboard" in 2013. Tim Tebow was more of an NFL quarterback than Vince Young in 2012.

I have no doubt that he's still training and still hopeful, but if you loan a quarterback who hasn't played a regular season game since the 2011-12 season that much money, you are a moron.

When you factor in that the last two teams he was cut from have had crazy amounts of crazy at the QB position, it makes it more obvious that VY is done as an NFL quarterback. Otherwise, either of these teams would have begged for him to return. Since 2012, the Bills have started EJ Manuel (rookie), Thad Lewis (undrafted, cut by Browns and Lions), Jeff Tuel (another rookie - undrafted!) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (16 INTs, 8 fumbles in 2012). The Packers...uggggh don't make me relive 2013 :(

olevetonahill
1/24/2014, 03:15 PM
While I will Laugh and Point It is kinda sad.
But even then he will live a Better life financially than a Lot of folks.
So all in all Ima keep laughin at his Dumbass.

Flagstaffsooner
1/24/2014, 03:23 PM

I dont think so. He is so stupid that he will end up screwing up your orders in the Mc Donald's drive thru window.

badger
1/24/2014, 03:25 PM
I dont think so. He is so stupid that he will end up screwing up your orders in the Mc Donald's drive thru window.

Which happens anyway but if it happens to me, I can proudly claim to have had my order screwed up by Fumbles McScramble himself :mack:

Since the Internet is full of lies anyway I should just claim that here regardless :P

Flagstaffsooner
1/24/2014, 03:39 PM
"Do you want fries with that Big Mac that I just threw over your monster SUV?"

stoopified
I'm willing to bet Jason White is worth a lot more in net assets than VY.How many NFL paychecks did Jason get?

Come to think of it,that may be true of Paul Thompson,Nate Hybl, and Landry Jones .

olevetonahill

Which happens anyway but if it happens to me, I can proudly claim to have had my order screwed up by Fumbles McScramble himself :mack:

Since the Internet is full of lies anyway I should just claim that here regardless :P

Hes so stupid. I had him shine my shoes and he polished my socks instead

Wishboned
1/24/2014, 04:24 PM

Then that's on them. I have no sympathy for Vince Young. He didn't take advantage of the tools that were made available to him. No one took advantage of him. He didn't have an unscrupulous manager or financial planner that robbed him blind. He spent the money. He blew it.

C&CDean
1/24/2014, 04:30 PM
Personally, I have no sympathy for guys like Vinnie. And I don't care what school they went to. The fact that he's stupid AND a whorn is just double the fun.

Dave Ramsey was talking about him yesterday - and mentioned how many pro athletes are in the same situation. He's tried to help them out, but they won't listen/do anything he tells them to do. So they go Leon Spinks broke and can't figure out why. You just can't fix stupid.

Curly Bill
1/24/2014, 04:36 PM
Personally, I have no sympathy for guys like Vinnie. And I don't care what school they went to. The fact that he's stupid AND a whorn is just double the fun.

Dave Ramsey was talking about him yesterday - and mentioned how many pro athletes are in the same situation. He's tried to help them out, but they won't listen/do anything he tells them to do. So they go Leon Spinks broke and can't figure out why. You just can't fix stupid.

You're so mean and hurtful!

freshchris05
1/24/2014, 05:10 PM
Kid Rock? Pam 'Hep C' Anderson? Gross. At least we can all agree on a football team.

Flagstaffsooner
1/24/2014, 05:23 PM

But you can give them a diploma from the university of texass.
:greedy_dollars:

oudivesherpa
1/24/2014, 08:45 PM
I'm confused, is VY financially or mentally bankrupt?

olevetonahill
1/24/2014, 09:05 PM
I'm confused, is VY financially or mentally bankrupt?

Both

oudivesherpa
1/24/2014, 09:08 PM
I forgot Morally!

8timechamps
1/24/2014, 09:33 PM
Then that's on them. I have no sympathy for Vince Young. He didn't take advantage of the tools that were made available to him. No one took advantage of him. He didn't have an unscrupulous manager or financial planner that robbed him blind. He spent the money. He blew it.

Don't misunderstand me, I have NO sympathy for any of these athletes that end up bankrupt. There are tools available to them, and even though I think the league could do a much better job of educating these guys, it's not like the issue is never addressed.

Are you sure he had a decent financial planner? I'm not saying he did, but I can only speak for myself and other planners I know, and if a client is making bad decision after bad decision, and spending appears to be out of control, then as a planner you A) Identify the problem and stress the need for correction, and (if that fails, and the client will not listen) you B) Leave. I'm not sure what happened with Young's planner(s), but if they were there from the beginning, and sat by watching this happen, then yeah, I'd say they took advantage. Because you can bet they were being paid well. That doesn't absolve Young of fault, it just paints a better picture.

BoulderSooner79
1/24/2014, 11:41 PM

Normally, I'd be laughin with you. But too much of his behavior looks like
emotional issues/depression and not just stupidity. Hope I'm wrong on that.

nighttrain12
1/25/2014, 11:18 PM
He could probably make a decent living signing autographs and memorabilia for at least the next five years .... until he blows all that money. Time to get a regular job Vince!

DCsooner22
1/26/2014, 07:30 AM
For a discussion on why Vince isn't playing any more, I lead you to this [completely unbiased and balanced] 300+ page discussion (no, I have not read all 300 pages...) on Shaggy about his 2013 destination - http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/124492-VY-s-2013-destination

Some of it is actually very humorous, while others are just obsessed-sad (especially the posts about Jeff Fisher = Hitler and the NFL is racist/doesn't want black QBs...).

Oh, and now there is apparently a 2014 destination thread - http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/139332-VY-s-2014-destination

I'll venture a guess that the themes presented will largely be on repeat...

Mike

badger
1/27/2014, 03:08 PM
Don't misunderstand me, I have NO sympathy for any of these athletes that end up bankrupt. There are tools available to them, and even though I think the league could do a much better job of educating these guys, it's not like the issue is never addressed.
It would be like sympathizing for a broke lottery winner. Yes, you're penniless, but you didn't used to be. Hell, life probably used To be quite awesome