PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo - Backup quarterbacks at Oklahoma and BYU decide to transfer (Dr. Saturday)

Jenni Carlson
1/22/2014, 01:10 PM
With the group at quarterback looking crowded in 2014 with Sugar Bowl hero Trevor Knight and eight-game starter Blake Bell, Oklahoma quarterback Kendal Thompson has decided to transfer. The redshirt sophomore, who will graduate from Oklahoma in May, announced his decision to transfer on Twitter. Enjoyed the 3 years that I spent at OU and appreciate all the support and love that this program has shown me. But I believe that God has — Kendal Thompson (@Thurm405) January 22, 2014 another path in store for me. I will be graduating in May, and transferring to play at another college next season. #WalkByFaithNotBySight — Kendal Thompson (@Thurm405) January 22, 2014 It looks like Thompson will have two years of eligibility remaining upon his transfer. On top of that, he will be immediately eligible due to the NCAA graduate transfer rules. Thompson was expected to compete for the starting job with Knight and Bell going into last season, but he fractured his foot on the first day of fall practice which ruined his chances of earning the starting job. With Bell and Knight both returning, plus four-star freshmen Cody Thomas (who redshirted in 2013) and Justice Hansen coming into play, Thompson opted to head elsewhere. Thompson, who is the son of former Sooners quarterback Charles Thompson, played in just two games during his time with Oklahoma. He completed 4-of-13 passes for 64 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Elsewhere in backup quarterback news, the Deseret News is reporting that BYU reserve Ammon Olsen has opted to transfer back to the school where he began his career: Southern Utah University. Prior to joining the team at BYU in 2012 and an LDS mission from 2010-2011, Olsen played for SUU. Olsen saw limited action has Taysom Hill’s backup last season, appearing in four games and completing one of three passes for four yards. Olsen will be immediately eligible to play for SUU next fall. As a freshman at SUU in 2009, Olsen completed 8-of-14 passes for 115 yards and two touchdowns in six games. - - - Want to join the conversation? Hit us up on Twitter @YahooDrSaturday be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/ncaaf/SIG=13q5aatk9/*http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/backup-quarterbacks-oklahoma-byu-decide-transfer-170018117--ncaaf.html)