twitter updates from OUDaily

https://twitter.com/OUDaily/

Breadburner
1/22/2014, 12:51 PM
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/10412/web

Scanner....

badger
1/22/2014, 01:02 PM
OU has sent two more tweets asking people to still stay away from Gould (although OU Daily said that Boren was seen going in). The last one was sent around noon, so guess they're still searching

badger
1/22/2014, 01:07 PM
False alarm?

As of this time, no evidence has been found of any shots being fired.

There are no injuries reported at this time. Both the Norman and OU police department have very quickly responded as well as emergency personnel.

President Boren is at the scene. Normal campus operations have resumed
except for Gould Hall where additional checking is continuing.

Breadburner
1/22/2014, 01:10 PM
KJRH reporting no shots fired.....

blacktop
1/22/2014, 01:18 PM
Just saw it on the "Breaking News" across the top of the CNN web site.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/22/justice/university-oklahoma-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Stay safe out there.

yermom
1/22/2014, 01:20 PM
OU Daily ‏@OUDaily 5m
Boren told students on the South Oval that the incident may have been a machinery backfire.

wow, that's kinda nuts

maybe it was ROTC again :D

badger
1/22/2014, 01:33 PM
wow, that's kinda nuts

maybe it was ROTC again :D

If I'm not mistaken, Gould is southwest corner just a few north of Dale, while ROTC is in the far northeast corner... unless they're going campus recon missions? ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/22/2014, 01:48 PM
Isn't Gould the language building? If that place is still as decrepit as it was when I was there, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the building falling in.

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2014, 01:58 PM
Its BS propablly started by Gundy or Saban...

http://newsok.com/no-evidence-of-shooting-at-ou-boren-says/article/3926207

yankee
1/22/2014, 02:00 PM
Isn't Gould the language building? If that place is still as decrepit as it was when I was there, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the building falling in.

It's the architecture building now. Was redone a few years ago, nice place now.

blacktop
1/22/2014, 02:23 PM
"Machinery backfire may be behind incident, student paper reports" according to latest from CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/22/justice/university-oklahoma-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2 Anyone there?

badger
1/22/2014, 02:25 PM
You're right --- I remember Gould Hall pre-renovation. It appeared to be modeled before the days of central heating and cooling, as there were oddly placed windows that would let in tons of sunlight to heat, or could be curtained off (I think they painted over the ****ing things) to cool things down. The effect was outdated and a permanent eyesore. Ironic that it was the architecture building. It was an education in what not to do

jkjsooner
1/22/2014, 02:49 PM
That kind of reminds me of an incident about 20 years ago while I was at OU. (Has it really been 20 years? Ugh.)

A history professor checked out some musket from archives to bring into his class in Dale Hall. Some student reported that a guy entered Dale Hall with a gun and before you knew it we police and media all around. It was a night class and I remember I was living in Cate Center (Kirk House) and we were told to go into the hallways and avoid the windows.

Thinking about that reminds me that the whole idea of mass shootings isn't anything new. There were fewer school shootings but plenty of shootings at McDonald's, Lubby's, post office, etc.,

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/22/2014, 02:53 PM
That kind of reminds me of an incident about 20 years ago while I was at OU. (Has it really been 20 years? Ugh.)

A history professor checked out some musket from archives to bring into his class in Dale Hall. Some student reported that a guy entered Dale Hall with a gun and before you knew it we police and media all around. It was a night class and I remember I was living in Cate Center (Kirk House) and we were told to go into the hallways and avoid the windows.

Thinking about that reminds me that the whole idea of mass shootings isn't anything new. There were fewer school shootings but plenty of shootings at McDonald's, Lubby's, post office, etc.,

Not to mention that serial rapist that was there during that time. I don't know if they ever caught that guy.

swardboy
1/22/2014, 04:16 PM
Not to mention that serial rapist that was there during that time. I don't know if they ever caught that guy.

No, I got aw.....er, he never was caught.

Jacie
1/22/2014, 05:13 PM
So they still call it Gould Hall even though it is a different building now? Gould Hall was the Geology Building and where I spent most of my time since I was a geology major. Didn't recognize it when I was there for the WV game this year. Figured the archies would have renamed it after one of their guys . . .

picasso
1/22/2014, 05:20 PM
Pistols firin'?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/22/2014, 05:32 PM
So they still call it Gould Hall even though it is a different building now? Gould Hall was the Geology Building and where I spent most of my time since I was a geology major. Didn't recognize it when I was there for the WV game this year. Figured the archies would have renamed it after one of their guys . . .

When was this? I thought all of the geology stuff was in the energy center. I refused to take any class that wasn't either on the way to the blender or in the chem annex. That pretty much left me with Humanities (Dale), languages, physics, math/programming and chemistry.

Jacie
1/22/2014, 05:40 PM
When was this? I thought all of the geology stuff was in the energy center. I refused to take any class that wasn't either on the way to the blender or in the chem annex. That pretty much left me with Humanities (Dale), languages, physics, math/programming and chemistry.

OU had a geology/geophysics department long before it had an Energy Center. I graduated in 1975, Energy Center wasn't operational till after 1985.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/22/2014, 06:40 PM
OU had a geology/geophysics department long before it had an Energy Center. I graduated in 1975, Energy Center wasn't operational till after 1985.

That makes more sense. I loathed going into those 2 buildings between Dale and the Physics building. Both of them were musty and had tiles just hanging down from the ceiling. I felt like I was getting my daily dose of asbestos every time I got near them.

birddog
1/22/2014, 06:44 PM
It was kramers car backfiring.

Boomer Mooner
1/22/2014, 09:00 PM
I was a PE major and took a couple Geology classes at Gould around '86. Place was a dump. They opened the Energy Center a couple years after that. I think I was in the last "Intro to Engineering" classe that had to punch fortran cards too. **** I'm old!

TheUnnamedSooner
1/23/2014, 03:21 AM

Don't forget McDowell's

I Am Right
1/23/2014, 10:20 AM
"The sky is falling , the sky is falling and a piece just hit me on the head"