PDA

View Full Version : Possible torn ACL for Aaron Colvin just a bit ago..

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2014, 05:38 PM
Praying it is not..was having an outstanding day.

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 05:39 PM
Praying it is not..was having an outstanding day.

What happened?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2014, 05:44 PM
Collapsed running a drill..Took him to the sidelines and then off the field.

Getting an MRI now and the rumors aren't good.

Boomer.....
1/21/2014, 05:48 PM
Hopefully it's just a sprain.

Boomer.....
1/21/2014, 05:50 PM
@jasonkersey 3m
Source close to Aaron Colvin said he's getting an MRI right now, and that "it's bad." #Sooners

:(

Widescreen
1/21/2014, 05:53 PM
Sure makes me question the risk/reward of participating in these games. I know it can happen any time but it seems like once your real season is over, training for the combine would be the main thing to work toward. And yes, I understand that it can happen when training for the combine too.

oupride
1/21/2014, 05:54 PM
Sure makes me question the risk/reward of participating in these games.

swardboy
1/21/2014, 06:29 PM
That's terrible. I dunno, but the on-field recognition such as Aaron was getting makes it worth the risk I think, in many cases. It's something the combine can't replicate. I mean Carl Lewis would have blown the combine away. This is just a real shame though.

yermom
1/21/2014, 06:58 PM
dammit

maybe this will give him a chance to totally rehab now... seems like he's been playing hurt a lot of the season

8timechamps
1/21/2014, 07:03 PM
dammit

maybe this will give him a chance to totally rehab now... seems like he's been playing hurt a lot of the season

Yeah, he's been a walking wounded most of the year.

I wonder how this will work for him now. I can't imagine him being drafted, so can he be eligible for the 2015 draft, or will a team take a chance and sign him as a FA?

instigator
1/21/2014, 07:05 PM
Damn you schmitty!

Man i feel terrible for him. I was reading some great things about him the last few days. I

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/21/2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah, he's been a walking wounded most of the year.

I wonder how this will work for him now. I can't imagine him being drafted, so can he be eligible for the 2015 draft, or will a team take a chance and sign him as a FA?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone like San Fran picked him up late. They have a crapton of picks and a deep secondary.

cvsooner
1/21/2014, 07:14 PM
Confirmed torn ACL, per AC's agent.

8timechamps
1/21/2014, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if someone like San Fran picked him up late. They have a crapton of picks and a deep secondary.

I was hoping that somehow Denver could draft him, since Bailey is close to retiring, and we don't have any "great" DBs, but I just wonder if anyone would use a draft pick on him? I can see there being a ton of interest in the UDFA market for him.

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 08:13 PM
Gonna wish him well.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/21/2014, 09:19 PM
I was hoping that somehow Denver could draft him, since Bailey is close to retiring, and we don't have any "great" DBs, but I just wonder if anyone would use a draft pick on him? I can see there being a ton of interest in the UDFA market for him.

With the new CBA, it is much much more cost effective to draft him in the 6-7th than pick him up as a UDFA. If you draft him, you get him locked in at a bargain basement rate for 4 years. If you go the UDFA route, you only get him for 2 max.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2014, 11:00 PM
Talked to as many scouts today as possible to get a feel and the consensus seems to be a late 5th/6th round pick on him.

Eielson
1/22/2014, 12:47 AM

70sooner
1/22/2014, 08:48 AM

I'd love to see him in Denver!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2014, 09:14 AM
He definitely will not be an UDFA.

olevetonahill
1/22/2014, 09:21 AM
He definitely will not be an UDFA.

Who ya think will take him and when?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2014, 09:34 AM
Right now, I don't have a clue.. Several teams were interested before the injury, but it will have to be a team that can waste a spot on a guy who isn't going to play..I felt like the Eagles were showing the most interest. I think he probably is a 6th round pick.

olevetonahill
1/22/2014, 09:37 AM
At least it appears he will get a chance. I wish him well.

Boomer.....
1/22/2014, 10:47 AM
He posted this yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/ChGUHXv.jpg

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/22/2014, 12:05 PM
Right now, I don't have a clue.. Several teams were interested before the injury, but it will have to be a team that can waste a spot on a guy who isn't going to play..I felt like the Eagles were showing the most interest. I think he probably is a 6th round pick.

Since I doubt they get any compensatory picks, it looks like Philly has 2 late 5th rounders this year. They might take him with the second, but where I personally think he'll fall is that trio of 7th rounders that San Fran has.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2014, 02:45 PM
And SF has done this with a player recently, drafting an injured player and eating his rookie year contract..Lattimore from South Carolina..

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/22/2014, 02:54 PM
And SF has done this with a player recently, drafting an injured player and eating his rookie year contract..Lattimore from South Carolina..

Yep, if I were the GM I'd abuse the ever loving crap out of that IR/PUP roster exclusion.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2014, 03:03 PM
Yup...Senior Bowl rep just said Colvin will have surgery next week.

jkjsooner
1/22/2014, 03:15 PM

Lattimore is a pretty special case. Dude would have gone really high without the injury.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2014, 04:08 PM
.Lattimore was a great player at SC, but he was projected 2nd-3rd round pre injury..

Salt City Sooner
1/22/2014, 04:20 PM
love to see Cincy take a chance here; think the D-backfield could be hitting a transitional phase & I'd love to see him be a part of it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/22/2014, 04:32 PM
Look at it like you are a GM though. What you are doing is trading a lower draft pick this year for a higher draft pick next year at a reduced salary.

Let's take Lattimore for example.

He is projected 2nd round pre-injury. I take him with a 4th knowing he won't play this year but will play next year. Theoretically, had he stayed in college we are talking about 2nd-5th round the next year depending on how well he did. So worst case scenario I spend a 4th this year for a 5th round pick.

So what does it get me cap wise

2nd round pick -> 817k cap number, 1.2 million dead money (4 playable years out of 4)
4th round pick -> 570k cap number, 225k dead money (3 playable years out of 4) - 420k is the minimum cap number I've seen.

Now for Colvin
3rd round -> 650k, 600k in dead money
7th round -> 420k, 0 dead money

It just makes sense

Mazeppa
1/22/2014, 10:33 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/senior-bowl-a-silver-lining-for-top-cb-after-acl-tear-sinks-his-draft-stock-012214

SoCalBigRed
1/26/2014, 02:04 AM
Yep, if I were the GM I'd abuse the ever loving crap out of that IR/PUP roster exclusion.

^^^ This