PDA

View Full Version : Alabama five-star early enrollee Tony Brown arrested

SoonerorLater
1/20/2014, 06:34 PM
I think this will be an interesting insight into the Alabama Program to see how Saban handles this. We already know what Stoops did in a similar circumstance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/alabama-five-star-early-enrollee-tony-brown-arrested-165624470--ncaaf.html

birddog
1/20/2014, 07:05 PM
He'll miss the first series in the opener. Lester said it's in the best interest of the sec

picasso
1/20/2014, 08:04 PM
To this day I do not understand people who mess with cops.
It never ends well.

badger
1/21/2014, 09:04 AM
He'll miss the first series in the opener. Lester said it's in the best interest of the sec

I think Nick Saban is above that. You're thinking of Urban Meyer. Lester would let the team vote on whether or not he gets to play in the opener (and because the team will want to win, he knows they'll vote yes)

Curly Bill
1/21/2014, 09:08 AM
What an idiot! Not saying he can't make things right, but Tony Brown is a kid with elite talent that could cash in to the tune of millions someday, and to get started off like this at Bama. People's stupidity never ceases to amaze me!

KantoSooner
1/21/2014, 09:43 AM
They should all be forced to watch the Chris Rock video about how to avoid a beating from the POlice.

Ruf/Nek7
1/21/2014, 12:42 PM
Just glad to see that Norman PD is not the only police department that gets their jollies off of arresting a university athlete. Granted, it seems as though this kid would have got off a lot easier had he just kept his mouth shut and complied.

birddog
1/21/2014, 12:59 PM
Just glad to see that Norman PD is not the only police department that gets their jollies off of arresting a university athlete. Granted, it seems as though this kid would have got off a lot easier had he just kept his mouth shut and complied.

Yup, nothing good ever happens. If a cop is in the area, it's best to keep the old dorito chute closed. Kids do ridiculous things everyday and it's part of learning what not to do as they enter the real world. Wonder what Josh jarboe thinks about these days, speaking of ridiculous.

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 12:59 PM

A Lot easier?
Hell did you NOT read the article or do you not have ant Readin Compression?

The Cops repeatedly told him to go on home and just satay out of it.
DNTHI he couldnt keep his mouth shut

I drilled it into My sons heads I dont Care How wrong the Cops are, They are RIGHT when its Night and yer out in the streets. Argue with em in COURT .

badger
1/21/2014, 01:20 PM
I drilled it into My sons heads I dont Care How wrong the Cops are, They are RIGHT when its Night and yer out in the streets. Argue with em in COURT .

good advice... kind of like the guy in jail in Harold and Kumar :)

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 01:26 PM
good advice... kind of like the guy in jail in Harold and Kumar :)

I used to be a cop. I dint Mind a Good argument cause I knew I would Win.Id rather Not have one But good times when they pushed :very_drunk:

KantoSooner
1/21/2014, 01:53 PM
I suppose I have a somewhat different perspective because I grew up in Nigeria where the cops would just flat *** shoot you and leave the body right where it fell and not a damn thing would happen to them for it if they got pissed off with you. Early on you learn to put your hands on your head and keep your damn mouth shut unless asked a question.

You'd be stunned how nice highway patrol guys are when they see you have your hands hanging out the window, ask why and you tell them their job is hard enough without worrying whether you're doing bad things with your hands.

I really don't get the people, black/white/whatever, young/old/whatever who feel obligated to argue with a cop.

Curly Bill
1/21/2014, 02:06 PM
I suppose I have a somewhat different perspective because I grew up in Nigeria where the cops would just flat *** shoot you and leave the body right where it fell and not a damn thing would happen to them for it if they got pissed off with you. Early on you learn to put your hands on your head and keep your damn mouth shut unless asked a question.

You'd be stunned how nice highway patrol guys are when they see you have your hands hanging out the window, ask why and you tell them their job is hard enough without worrying whether you're doing bad things with your hands.

I really don't get the people, black/white/whatever, young/old/whatever who feel obligated to argue with a cop.

Street cred brother! You can't have no street cred if you let "the man" hold you down!

freshchris05
1/21/2014, 02:09 PM
You gotta fight the powers that be!

**** the Police, **** the Police, **** em!

SoonerMarkVA
1/21/2014, 03:57 PM

What I was taught was to put the heel of your hands on the top of the steering wheel, with your fingers sticking straight up, hands open wide. That's supposedly what cops have their families do to quietly indicate to other cops that they are in the family. I always thought it made sense anyway because the cop doesn't have to wonder what you're doing with your hands and you don't have to make any body movements to get in that position. In any case, I've never had a bad run in with cops being pulled over by doing that. In fact, more times than I should, I've gotten off with a verbal warning.

Widescreen
1/21/2014, 04:13 PM
A Lot easier?
Hell did you NOT read the article or do you not have ant Readin Compression?

The Cops repeatedly told him to go on home and just satay out of it.
DNTHI he couldnt keep his mouth shut

Can someone help me out with some reading compression?

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 04:26 PM
Can someone help me out with some reading compression?

Heh, Reckon we should orta do a Pole?

8timechamps
1/21/2014, 06:29 PM
As elite a talent as Brown has been in high school, he hasn't played a minute of college football, so I don't think Saban will have any issue with punishing him accordingly.

What a moron. These kinds of actions from young kids are a symptom, terrible upbringing is the cause.

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2014, 12:50 PM
PaROLL TIDE!!!!

humblesooner
1/23/2014, 04:22 PM
Last Sentence: It still remains to be seen how Saban will handle any potential discipline.

Wonder if they are talking about the Brown case or just in general? :beguiled:

olevetonahill
1/24/2014, 09:56 AM
Remember Me sayin Dont argue with the Cops? :very_drunk::excitement:

This guy wanted to fight, he lost LOL
http://media2.kjrh.com/photo/2014/01/24/Billy%20Miller_1390566210220_2119204_ver1.0_640_48 0.jpg

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/state-trooper-attacked-during-arrest-suspect-identified-and-booked-in-to-jail

oupride
1/24/2014, 09:56 AM
PaROLL TIDE!!!!

lol