PDA

View Full Version : JD Runnels update

badger
1/20/2014, 09:48 AM
Link (http://newsok.com/collected-wisdom-j.d.-runnels-former-oklahoma-football-player/article/3925307)

And excerpt:

I don't watch Hard Knocks anymore. I made the comment that somebody was telling me that Zac Taylor was on it that he coached at the Dolphins or something like that and I tweeted about it and somebody said, ‘Yeah, he was on Hard Knocks a couple weeks back.' Being in it, it's a cool show and all but it's pretty obvious the more you see the more you realize you don't know what goes on. There's so much. They can't cover everything. They can't be there 24 hours so they can't show you all the great plays. They can't show you all the bad plays. They're not going to show you what the owner doesn't want you to see. Having been there, you lose interest, especially being put in that predicament with the coaches and being cut on the show. For me, I know how well I had been playing. I'm glad they showed some highlights of me. You have to realize at some point that it's not all about talent and it's hard to come to that conclusion. I feel confident with people knowing that I didn't get cut because I (stink) basically. That's why I don't really don't particularly watch the show but I also don't hate it. I feel like a little bit of it is political when teams make roster decisions — who they have their money invested in and who's healthy at the right time and things like that.