PDA

View Full Version : Improvement on both lines for 2013

Mazeppa
1/17/2014, 11:15 PM
In its season wrapup, Oklahoma displayed a long list of improvements the Sooners made from 2012 to 2013. The ones that struck me: Oklahoma rushed for 62.5 more yards per game and gave up 55.4 fewer rushing yards per game than it had the previous season. That total of nearly 118 yards per game speaks directly to the Sooners’ play at the line of scrimmage, where Bob Stoops hired a new O-line coach (Bill Bedenbaugh) and D-line coach (Jerry Montgomery) a year ago. The results are plain to see.

Ivan Maisel espn.com

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/18/2014, 12:42 AM
The improvements were obvious to the naked eye. I am really looking forward to next season to see how much more improvement there will be.

Are there any more Selman's out there?

Curly Bill
1/18/2014, 12:45 AM
The improvements were obvious to the naked eye. I am really looking forward to next season to see how much more improvement there will be.

Are there any more Selman's out there?

Few and far between, but with the improvement in our D-line coaching it should help our chances of uncovering and landing a Selmon type.

picasso
1/18/2014, 12:59 AM
There's a Selma but I don't know if she plays any more.

Curly Bill
1/18/2014, 01:27 AM
Few and far between, but with the improvement in our D-line coaching it should help our chances of uncovering and landing a Selman type.

I should have added: and developing him.

SoonerInHSV
1/18/2014, 09:42 AM
What was really striking in the Alabama was us getting pressure on the QB with only four rushers. That against on of the best O-lines in college football. In the past that would have required us to outnumber them by at least one. You have a lot more defensive options when the LBs and DBs don't have to be used to get pressure.

swardboy
1/18/2014, 09:57 AM
I'm not a recruiting fanatic, but it seems like our recruiting prowess is growing right in "line" with our success on the field.

We must keep these coaches at all costs.

sooneron
1/18/2014, 12:26 PM
Misspelling Selmon on a Sooner board is pretty much heresy. SMH...

dennis580
1/18/2014, 12:49 PM
Will be expecting to make the playoffs next season. Anything less will be a disapointment.

OUmillenium
1/19/2014, 06:01 PM
Will be expecting a National Champeenship next season, anything else will be disappointing!!!:tongue:

stoopified
1/20/2014, 12:23 AM
Personally I think I will at least wait until spring practice is over before I start thinking about playoffs PLAYOFFS? YOU WANNA TALK PLAYOFFS? :)