PDA

View Full Version : Another osu fan converted...

SoonerDomiNation
1/17/2014, 03:25 PM
Just got off phone with my sis. She proceeds to tell me that her daughter and her classmates went to OU today. My sis her hubby and my neice are all osu fans. Apparently they got to meet the football team. She got pics with TK sent them to her mom and said she's now a sooner fan. I've been trying for 14 years to convert her my work is now done. Now she wants me to take her to games next season. One happy uncle....

SoonerMarkVA
1/17/2014, 03:32 PM
:encouragement:

KantoSooner
1/17/2014, 04:17 PM
Hallelujah! Another Soul Brought To The Light. Praise Bob!

Widescreen
1/17/2014, 05:05 PM
My brother-in-law and his family have been 100% OSU for years (he went there). His son (my nephew) plays baseball at Grayson college and his long-time girlfriend who's a senior in high school is going to OU in the fall. It's been funny watching the gyrations their family is going through right now because they love her to death but it's driving them nuts that she's so gung-ho for the Sooners right now.

KantoSooner
1/17/2014, 05:27 PM
Help him to buy her cute Sooner gear.

winout
1/17/2014, 06:04 PM
Oh, c'mon.. once they convert to OU they are considered bandwagon fans.. don't ya know?

birddog
1/17/2014, 06:10 PM
Oh, c'mon.. once they convert to OU they are considered bandwagon fans.. don't ya know?

But only if they lose...then they need to shutdown the program according to some "sooner fans"

picasso
1/17/2014, 06:16 PM
My cousin posted something similar on facebook.
She's a nutty poke but two of her nieces are at OU and she visited their sorority house today and loved the whole experience.
I don't get it either way. The small town I grew up in Osage County had two families with women on the board of regents, not to mention the dorm named after the Drummond family.
One of my sister's went to pokey. I've spent a ton of time there. Even took my act there.
Sheesh, people are goody over the ou/osu thing.

soonergirlNeugene
1/17/2014, 06:23 PM
A friend of mine I grew up w/ was a Poke fan all his life. We had an extra ticket for the OU-Nebraska game that year (2000) and brought him along with us. He went to the game, cheered like hell the whole time, and on the way back home he stopped by Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater. He saw where someone had written Stoops SUCKS on the bathroom wall, so he took out a marker and wrote down next to it every OU-OsU score since Stoops took over in Norman. He left that building a new man, a Sooner man!

olevetonahill
1/17/2014, 06:40 PM
I Have NO Friends or Family members that are Poke OR Saxet fans. End of story,

fadada1
1/17/2014, 07:55 PM
Never have heard the reciprocal story. Hell, even Cecil Samara is an OU convert. I went up to poke tech one time and never left feeling, "WOW, I have got to go here!!"

SoonerorLater
1/17/2014, 08:05 PM
:tears_of_joy:

8timechamps
1/17/2014, 09:16 PM
I have a childhood friend that grew up a Poke fan (which is a little nutty, because they were not good). He proceeded to graduate from OSU (and met his wife there). I love the guy to death, but I cannot talk to him during football season (or about college football in general). Anyway, he and his wife ended up having 4 children. Three boys and a girl. The youngest son is a die-hard Sooner fan. I make sure to send him Sooner gear every year for his birthday, and I always include a note that says "stay strong". I can't imagine the fortitude that kid has, living in a household of Pokes. He's 16 now, and plans on going to OU, so I think he's here to stay.

sendbaht
1/17/2014, 09:41 PM
she will be much happier and in better moods late Saturday night..

swardboy
1/18/2014, 09:49 AM
I'm subtly working on my Meatchicken grandkids. We need a home and home with Ann Arbor. Is anything in the works? It would be so sweet to shut 105,000 screaming wolverines up.

MichiganSooner
1/18/2014, 07:22 PM
^^^Yes, it would!^^^

Scott D
1/18/2014, 08:55 PM
I'm subtly working on my Meatchicken grandkids. We need a home and home with Ann Arbor. Is anything in the works? It would be so sweet to shut 105,000 screaming wolverines up.

These days, just tell them that Al Borges is still secretly part of the staff, that will shut them up real quick.

KantoSooner
1/20/2014, 01:32 PM
"Y'know, I was a Sooner fan, then I took a trip to Boone Pickens Stadium, wow! I've been a poke ever since!"

=

1. "Toss me that piano."
or
2. "My, what a handsome scrotum!"

Words that have never been spoken.

humblesooner
1/20/2014, 03:06 PM
A friend of mine I grew up w/ was a Poke fan all his life. We had an extra ticket for the OU-Nebraska game that year (2000) and brought him along with us. He went to the game, cheered like hell the whole time, and on the way back home he stopped by Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater. He saw where someone had written Stoops SUCKS on the bathroom wall, so he took out a marker and wrote down next to it every OU-OsU score since Stoops took over in Norman. He left that building a new man, a Sooner man!

So basically, he wrote down 44-7? At the 2000 OU/NEB game, OU had only played OSU once under Stoops, with the score being 44-7.
:D

SoonerKnight
1/20/2014, 03:29 PM
So basically, he wrote down 44-7? At the 2000 OU/NEB game, OU had only played OSU once under Stoops, with the score being 44-7.

twice :)

humblesooner
1/21/2014, 05:32 PM
twice :)
Once.
OU/Nebraska played on October 28, 2000 (end of Red October).
OU/OSU played November 25, 2000.
At the Nebraska game in 2000, Bob Stoops' OU teams had only faced OSU one time.

soonergirlNeugene
1/21/2014, 11:57 PM

I guess that's true. It's odd how we remember things going that far back. Kudos for your sharp eye!