PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember where the team stayed when we played at WV a couple years ago?

ouduckhunter
1/15/2014, 05:47 PM
It's an easy road trip from where we are in North Carolina, and We want to book early so we can stay in a fun place......:very_drunk::very_drunk:

owenfieldreams
1/15/2014, 07:56 PM
It's an easy road trip from where we are in North Carolina, and We want to book early so we can stay in a fun place......:very_drunk::very_drunk: I cannot remember the name of the hotel but it is in Washington, Pa. @ the intersection of IH 70 & 79. It's about half an hour north of Morgantown. We stayed at a motel across the street but had no idea that the team was in Washington until we ate out the night before the game and ran into Joe C., Joe Washington, & members of the BOR.

It is my understanding that all visiting teams stay in Washington, Pa. It's about 1/2 way between the Pittsburgh airport and Morgantown.

ouduckhunter
1/15/2014, 09:14 PM
Thanks so much! That is great information!!

owenfieldreams
1/15/2014, 10:13 PM
Thanks so much! That is great information!! By the way, and again the name escapes me, but that restaurant features Italian food and it is outstanding. It was recommended to us by some folks who live in western Maryland but who frequent the area. Washington is a relatively small town who's claim to fame is a local hores or trotter racing track.

Turd_Ferguson
1/15/2014, 10:35 PM
Washington is a relatively small town who's claim to fame is a local hores

IN

SoonerInFortSmith
1/15/2014, 10:55 PM
The Italian restaurant in Washington, PA is Primo's. Man that place is amazing. Best marinara sauce I've ever had.

Soonerwake
1/15/2014, 10:58 PM
As opposed to out of town hores... I've found you always want to get the local flavor... :cower:

8timechamps
1/15/2014, 11:29 PM
As opposed to out of town hores... I've found you always want to get the local flavor... :cower:

Plus, if a town is going to go out of their way to make it their "claim to fame"...might be worth checkin' out. Just sayin.

swardboy
1/16/2014, 06:27 AM

I've heard it's the oldest profession in Washington, Pa.

owenfieldreams
1/16/2014, 09:03 AM
I've heard it's the oldest profession in Washington, Pa.

The question is, which word did I typo. Ha! I have never been to a whores race but it is an intriguing idea. Yes, Primo's. The homemade Italian meatballs are the best I have ever had. That hotel/motel where the team stayed is next to the "horse" track.