PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Glenn (DT commit) - Not looking good / Dallis Todd (WR commit) - Update

8timechamps
1/13/2014, 08:07 PM
From what I've gathered, it appears Sooner commit (DT) Brandon Glenn will not be visiting Norman (as planned) next Saturday because there is a high likelihood he will not be able to qualify academically for 2014.

Nothing is official, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still signed with OU on NSD (and dual signed at a JUCO), but it's looking more and more like he will not be part of the 2014 class.

There could end up being a positive in this, with the number of targets still out there (and the strong interest by many), this could alleviate some of the pressure of only having a small number of remaining scholarships for this class.

In other news, Sooner commit (WR) Dallis Todd will not be an early enrollee. Due to a policy in his school district, Todd's semester will not end until later this month, thus making it impossible for him to be a spring enrollee at OU. While Todd will still be an early graduate, and Sooner commit, he'll join the program in the summer with the rest of the class.

SoonerMarkVA
1/13/2014, 10:29 PM
That stinks that a snafu like that keeps Todd out of spring. Once he's done with HS, is he able to come up to Norman and do anything with the team prior to summer workouts? I assume he can't participate in any formal practices, but can he be around the team and/or coaches, like voluntary workout stuff?

8timechamps
1/13/2014, 10:37 PM
That stinks that a snafu like that keeps Todd out of spring. Once he's done with HS, is he able to come up to Norman and do anything with the team prior to summer workouts? I assume he can't participate in any formal practices, but can he be around the team and/or coaches, like voluntary workout stuff?

No, the NCAA is pretty strict on contact, and Todd won't be allowed to use the facilities or have contact with the coaches until the summer. He said he's going to continue to work out (the Sooners send all their commits strength and conditioning programs to prepare them for the transition), and remain committed.

I think Todd is a very good player, and fortunately is the kind of kid that shouldn't be hurt by this...but, there's no replacing spring practice and being on campus. I think it's a wacky situation, and one that you'd think his school district would be able to prevent.

oupride
1/13/2014, 10:42 PM
From what I've gathered, it appears Sooner commit (DT) Brandon Glenn will not be visiting Norman (as planned) next Saturday because there is a high likelihood he will not be able to qualify academically for 2014.

Nothing is official, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still signed with OU on NSD (and dual signed at a JUCO), but it's looking more and more like he will not be part of the 2014 class.

There could end up being a positive in this, with the number of targets still out there (and the strong interest by many), this could alleviate some of the pressure of only having a small number of remaining scholarships for this class.

In other news, Sooner commit (WR) Dallis Todd will not be an early enrollee. Due to a policy in his school district, Todd's semester will not end until later this month, thus making it impossible for him to be a spring enrollee at OU. While Todd will still be an early graduate, and Sooner commit, he'll join the program in the summer with the rest of the class.
Thanks for the info.

swardboy
1/14/2014, 11:22 PM
Man, that's one wacky high school schedule.

Tear Down This Wall
1/16/2014, 02:12 PM
Well, Glenn has offers from North Texas and Houston; so, perhaps there's some hope for him yet.

badger
1/16/2014, 02:22 PM
Due to a policy in his school district, Todd's semester will not end until later this month, thus making it impossible for him to be a spring enrollee at OU. While Todd will still be an early graduate, and Sooner commit, he'll join the program in the summer with the rest of the class.
Awful policy, impacts non-athletes and athletes alike who want to graduate early to get an early start on college.