PDA

View Full Version : Have Yall seen the New Saxet shirts?

olevetonahill
1/13/2014, 07:28 AM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/charlie-strong-black-is-new-brown-t-shirt.jpg

PrideMom
1/13/2014, 11:17 AM
They have removed them. I can't believe how stupid people can be!

olevetonahill
1/13/2014, 11:21 AM

yea I agree. Why would they remove em?

SoonerMarkVA
1/13/2014, 11:22 AM

Holy cow, I thought that was a joke. Those were actually shirts for sale!? Whoa, man ...

olevetonahill
1/13/2014, 11:24 AM
Holy cow, I thought that was a joke. Those were actually shirts for sale!? Whoa, man ...

really were for sale. Ill joke about it But it is kinda classless

olevetonahill
1/13/2014, 11:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/racist-charlie-strong-t-shirt-claims-black-brown-042959038--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A0oG7iJPE9RSPjcAKFtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oD MTEzczhqN25xBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1 ZJUDMwNF8x

PrideMom
1/13/2014, 11:25 AM
The coach's name is Strong, and mentioning his color has NO PLACE, and should not matter at all. And why would you want to be compared to Mack Brown? A man wants to be known for himself.

swardboy
1/13/2014, 11:26 AM
Oh those crazy horns.

SoonerMarkVA
1/13/2014, 11:27 AM

Wonder how many people bought one while they were up. Heck, I thought you found that posted somewhere like a fark.

olevetonahill
1/13/2014, 11:28 AM
Wonder how many people bought one while they were up. Heck, I thought you found that posted somewhere like a fark.

I read that article yesterday.

KantoSooner
1/13/2014, 11:28 AM
That Charlie Strong's race was considered an anything is a pretty firm indication of how far Texas lags the rest of the nation in race relations.
But that comes as no great shock when you consider that UT had buildings on campus that were named to honor KKK leaders until just a couple of years ago.

freshchris05
1/13/2014, 12:42 PM
and won the last "all white" NC in 1970

Look no farther than here^ when you wanna know why Oklahoma has a history of getting Texas talent.

SoonerMarkVA
1/13/2014, 02:11 PM
And wasn't James Brown in 1994 the first black QB to take a snap for ut? Almost 20 years after Thomas Lott at OU.

Edit: Nope. Donnie Little in 1978. Have no recollection of him.

rock on sooner
1/13/2014, 07:21 PM

I think yer bein kind, Vet...that stuff is from the 60's...when I took
a bus from Madill, OK to Biloxi, MS (Keesler AFB) after basic...all the
bus stations along the way still had bathrooms that said "Men..Women..
Colored" Really sad...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/13/2014, 08:02 PM
The coach's name is Strong, and mentioning his color has NO PLACE, and should not matter at all. And why would you want to be compared to Mack Brown? A man wants to be known for himself.Had to be designed by a Sooner or Lassie Aggy. Surprised any orange clad would want to buy it.

yermom
1/13/2014, 09:10 PM
That Charlie Strong's race was considered an anything is a pretty firm indication of how far Texas lags the rest of the nation in race relations.
But that comes as no great shock when you consider that UT had buildings on campus that were named to honor KKK leaders until just a couple of years ago.

i'm sure it was a huge factor in choosing him 1) so they could pat themselves on the back, and 2) to keep up with aTm

EatLeadCommie
1/13/2014, 09:23 PM
Had to be designed by a Sooner or Lassie Aggy. Surprised any orange clad would want to buy it.

My opinion too. Most likely an Aggie.

8timechamps
1/13/2014, 09:27 PM
i'm sure it was a huge factor in choosing him 1) so they could pat themselves on the back, and 2) to keep up with aTm

Winner!

yermom
1/13/2014, 09:31 PM
i mean, his resume doesn't hurt either, but his skin color seems like the 2nd thing anyone mentions when they talk about the hire

oupride
1/13/2014, 10:22 PM
I've never heard his skin color mentioned by anyone on ESPN.

oupride
1/13/2014, 10:24 PM
I don't watch the LHN and I did not know the color of his skin until I saw replays of his press conference.

olevetonahill
1/14/2014, 12:36 AM
His Race was one of the 1st Things I heard about him.

OUinFLA
1/14/2014, 08:06 AM
His Race was one of the 1st Things I heard about him.

You mean when he won the 100 yd dash back in college?

olevetonahill
1/14/2014, 08:25 AM
You mean when he won the 100 yd dash back in college?

That too.

David Earl
1/14/2014, 08:47 AM
It's one thing to notice someone's physical appearance... tall, short, black, brown, yellow teeth, crooked teeth, stout, skinny, etc. It's another matter to treat them differently because of superficial differences.

That being said, the shirt looks dumb to me. Maybe the comment is funny as a joke, but to make a shirt? Dumb...

olevetonahill
1/14/2014, 08:55 AM
It's one thing to notice someone's physical appearance... tall, short, black, brown, yellow teeth, crooked teeth, stout, skinny, etc. It's another matter to treat them differently because of superficial differences.

That being said, the shirt looks dumb to me. Maybe the comment is funny as a joke, but to make a shirt? Dumb...

Their Whorns, what ya expect?

David Earl
1/14/2014, 09:16 AM
Yerp... but honestly... this one sorta surprises me.

olevetonahill
1/14/2014, 09:25 AM
Yerp... but honestly... this one sorta surprises me.

Yup, Myself I dont see it as Particularly racist as much as just totally Tasteless

David Earl
1/14/2014, 09:34 AM
I tend to agree. Whether or not it's racist depends on the maker's intent. I can imagine someone making the comment with racist intent, but I could see a group of friends, some black, some red, some white, etc, making such a comment as a friendly joke. Maybe a person would say such a thing intending to signal acceptance of Strong. But for a t-shirt the comment seems tasteless at best.

SouthFortySooner
1/14/2014, 11:30 AM

I won't treat him any differently. I hate him already. And like the previous poster I didn't know he was black, I only knew he was Texas.

Flagstaffsooner
1/14/2014, 12:17 PM
Yup, Myself I dont see it as Particularly racist as much as just totally Tasteless
What the hell do you know about taste?:)

birddog
1/14/2014, 12:23 PM
I can't even begin to imagine what kind of person would shell out cash AND wear this shirt as part of their weekly rotation. That's the least fashionable thing I've seen in a long time.

birddog
1/14/2014, 12:33 PM
Dub

okiewaker
1/14/2014, 12:39 PM
I don't keep up. I thot Strong was a white coach and Red was a black donor. This T-shirt is shocking to me.

1/14/2014, 02:01 PM
I tend to agree. Whether or not it's racist depends on the maker's intent. I can imagine someone making the comment with racist intent, but I could see a group of friends, some black, some red, some white, etc, making such a comment as a friendly joke. Maybe a person would say such a thing intending to signal acceptance of Strong. But for a t-shirt the comment seems tasteless at best.sorta like the "n" word. The meaning of using it is derived from the skin color of the one who does the using.

olevetonahill
1/14/2014, 02:12 PM
What the hell do you know about taste?:)

Sheat I gots GOOD Taste ya mean an hurtful old bastage. I likes me some Beans an Corn Bread with taters an Onions fried in bacon grease with some Poke Salad on the side !

Eielson
1/14/2014, 03:13 PM
yea I agree. Why would they remove em?

Black people are probably pissed that they got compared to such a crappy coach.

PLaw
1/14/2014, 04:52 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/charlie-strong-black-is-new-brown-t-shirt.jpg

Man, they went full-aggie on that one.

1/14/2014, 05:01 PM
Man, they went full-aggie on that one.Heh, they really did, didn't they?

I GOTS TO GET ME ONE!!!

1/14/2014, 05:43 PM
yea I agree. Why would they remove em?That shirt is a gold mine waiting to happen.There will be black market(yes, a pun) versions that will do quite well. $$$$$

oupride
1/14/2014, 07:12 PM
I can't even begin to imagine what kind of person would shell out cash AND wear this shirt as part of their weekly rotation. That's the least fashionable thing I've seen in a long time.
ditto

BigTip
1/15/2014, 09:41 AM
Most of you got a different reaction to it than I did.
When I first saw it, I assumed a black person came up with it, a Black Pride thing. Still racist I guess, but reverse from what most people are assumming.

C&CDean
1/15/2014, 09:50 AM
Charlie Strong is black?

Judge Smails
1/15/2014, 08:00 PM
The NAACP is filing a protest. They don't want him associated with Mack Brown.

swardboy
1/17/2014, 08:04 AM
Charlie Strong is black?

Ah, you have achieved perfection with the universe.