PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Dodged

yermom
1/11/2014, 09:32 AM
http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2014/1/11/green-beckham-arrested-again-drug-charges/

Sophomore wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham was released from Greene County Jail in Springfield, Mo., early Saturday morning, according to a Cpl. Wilcox.

“(The release) probably means he wasn’t involved with what they thought he was involved in,” Wilcox said in a phone call from the Greene County Jail.

A representative from the Springfield Police Department said later that the investigation is ongoing and that the police would not comment further at this time.

Green-Beckham, a native of Springfield, was initially arrested for distribution or delivering less than five grams of marijuana.

Wilcox said people are held for up to 24 hours in the probable cause holding.

No bond was set for Green-Beckham.

The Missouri football team could not be reached for comment.

The former No. 1 recruit in the nation, Green-Beckham was arrested and charged in October 2012 for possessing 35 grams or less of marijuana.

This season, Green-Beckham caught 59 passes for 883 yards and 12 touchdowns.

maybe he needs to work on his "running from the cops" speed

just think, we might have won the Cotton Bowl this year with that guy

sooneron
1/11/2014, 09:39 AM
5 grams? What is that a joint?

yermom
1/11/2014, 10:07 AM
more than an eighth

not that i really care about weed, but man, we had too much BS already this season

sooneron
1/11/2014, 10:25 AM
more than an eighth

not that i really care about weed, but man, we had too much BS already this season

True. I never got into the weed, tough for me to qualify weight vs yield...

He should have gone to CU!

Flagstaffsooner
1/11/2014, 11:05 AM
Methinks Gary Pinkel has pull in Greene Co Mo.

badger
1/11/2014, 11:58 AM
Using drugs when you're playing college football = selfish

good riddance going to mizzou DGB

sooneron
1/11/2014, 12:37 PM
I'm willing to bet that a 1/3 of our team is "selfish".

KantoSooner
1/11/2014, 12:40 PM
Approx 1/6 of an oz (oz being 28 gms I believe). Much more than one joint. Unless, of course, your name is Jastiss Markie Lion from Kingston and you roll 'rahdikahl' European cone joints 'for Jah People'. In that case, it's one bat the size of your forearm and enough left over for a next morning pinner with coffee and the paper.

freshchris05
1/11/2014, 12:44 PM
Approx 1/6 of an oz (oz being 28 gms I believe). Much more than one joint. Unless, of course, your name is Jastiss Markie Lion from Kingston and you roll 'rahdikahl' European cone joints 'for Jah People'. In that case, it's one bat the size of your forearm and enough left over for a next morning pinner with coffee and the paper.

We used to put 10 grams in white owls. For jah people. College kids smoke alot of pot guys.

Soonerjeepman
1/11/2014, 12:51 PM
I'm assuming this thread is bumped do to the fact he got busted again.

As talk radio up here said, whether it's right/wrong...it's ILLEGAL so WHY would you do something that might advance your career no matter the choice....

get high or play football...easy choice. The fact this is the 2nd time, he obviously continues to do it. So, either mu's drug testing is not good or he is getting out of it.

CK Sooner
1/11/2014, 01:32 PM
Taking after his coach.

8timechamps
1/11/2014, 06:57 PM
This kid...

There's no question he's a player, and will move on to make millions in the NFL, but he's definitely had a control problem. Given what he's already been through, I'm not sure he would still be on the team if he had landed in Norman.

I agree with Yermom, bullet dodged.

Scott D
1/11/2014, 11:48 PM
Let's go ahead and take bets on which low level opponent he misses a quarter against.

picasso
1/12/2014, 12:08 AM
Two in the Schninkle.

EatLeadCommie
1/12/2014, 03:35 AM
S-E-C... S-E-C!