PDA

View Full Version : SF Tailgate memories Share em !

olevetonahill
1/10/2014, 02:32 AM
One that I will allways remember was when Dean still had the 5th wheel . I had gone inside to get rid of a Couple of Used beers. when I stepped back out the Door Phil's Little Boy was walking by the bottom of the steps and Looked up and saw this Hairy ugly bastard and ran as fast as he could back to Phil. Fell and skint his knee . Poor little guy.

Fast forward several years I decided to stay at the TG instead of Go to the Game( Think I gave my Ticket that day to Badj, Not sure) anyway Same Little Fella , Sat in my lap watching the game and we Played Catch with a Football for a Long time. He wernt skeered of me No More.

Now share one if ya can !

stoops the eternal pimp
1/10/2014, 09:06 AM
I remember a lot of beginnings to tailgates but not the end..

badger
1/10/2014, 09:15 AM
The final Texas A&M game before they went full-on Aggie (aka SEC), I was pregnant and didn't really feel like running around scalping a ticket and wasn't sure I wanted to stand that long, so I stayed behind at the SF.com tailgate to watch. Olevet offered graciously offered me a ticket, so I thought what the heck, laugh at Aggie in person one last time. Little did I know that it was on the lower level near the 50 yard line holy cow (thank you again!)

Howzit
1/10/2014, 10:22 AM
Two particular memories come to mind, but these were with old-timers.

The first was I think the first season the tailgate moved to campus corner. The elusive BSG (BlondeSoonerGirl) actually made an appearance, and Dolemite was there with a group. Doleo had a a bottled beer and needed an opener. BSG took his beer, opened it with her teeth, and spit the cap in his face. Doleo stomped off indignantly. Probably the funniest thing I saw in several seasons of tailgates.

The other was the infamous brat brat incident. And that's all I'll say about that.

Howzit
1/10/2014, 10:53 AM
Oh, and there was the time Mjcpr walked by the tailgate and almost stopped. That was awesome.

Mjcpr
1/10/2014, 11:01 AM
Oh, and there was the time Mjcpr walked by the tailgate and almost stopped. That was awesome.

I was able to grab a few beers at least.

KantoSooner
1/10/2014, 11:52 AM
Any chance of putting together a group to get a new one together? We could start small. Maybe just gather at the corner of the practice field and surrepticiously share a coupla shots and comment on each other's game gear. See what comes of it.

Howzit
1/10/2014, 12:29 PM
I can already tell you what comes of it, Mjcpr will walk by and almost stop, stealing beers in the process.

FirstandGoal
1/11/2014, 04:18 PM
The final Texas A&M game before they went full-on Aggie (aka SEC), I was pregnant and didn't really feel like running around scalping a ticket and wasn't sure I wanted to stand that long, so I stayed behind at the SF.com tailgate to watch. Olevet offered graciously offered me a ticket, so I thought what the heck, laugh at Aggie in person one last time. Little did I know that it was on the lower level near the 50 yard line holy cow (thank you again!)

Was at that same TG but I had brought my brother with me that time. Had a few beers, had a few shots, then proceeded to stagger up to my dad's seats (way high on the West Upper deck) and freeze my *** off watching that game. Luckily my brother was 1. sober, and 2. a good windbreaker. It was so windy that night that we had to keep ducking all of the seat backs that people had left that kept blowing down from above us. By the time the game ended I was sober again and I remember staying late to help tear the whole TG down when we got back. There were some drunky people and I was thankful I still wasn't one of them, lol.

SoonerStormchaser
1/19/2014, 03:07 PM
Between Doleo getting all ****faced before kickoff...to someone "decorating" the port-a-potties with graffiti telling Dean how sexy he was...

Yah, I miss you guys

olevetonahill
1/19/2014, 03:19 PM
Between Doleo getting all ****faced before kickoff...to someone "decorating" the port-a-potties with graffiti telling Dean how sexy he was...

Yah, I miss you guys

One of My Favorite Doleoizms was him telling some one to Not drink the OVJ that it was "SPIKED" with something. then proceding to draw a skull an crossbones on the Jar LOL

Breadburner
1/19/2014, 04:16 PM
Did Dean fall down one time.......???

olevetonahill
1/19/2014, 05:38 PM
Did Dean fall down one time.......???

One??????? :very_drunk:

Tulsa_Fireman
1/19/2014, 08:55 PM
I remember one time I showed up, stuffed some jack in Homey's jar, drank a beer, then left with my old lady.

Good times.

colleyvillesooner
1/20/2014, 02:23 PM
Meeting Veritas at the 2008 Nebraska game and going ape**** after the game at the tailgate watching the Crabtree catch to beat Texas live.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2014, 05:50 PM
I enjoyed all of my tailgate experiences and putting actual faces to names. It was always entertaining and everyone always made me feel very welcome.

C&CDean
1/20/2014, 08:21 PM
Far too many to remember or single one out Howie. Guess I went to every dang one of them. I met so many great and interesting people (and a few dickweeds too) that I couldn't pick just one tailgate.

Some highlights: BTK trying to help clean up when he was so durnk he couldn't stand. Literally. Like trying to pick up broken glass (the bottle he just dropped) with his fingers and going *******s over tea kettles when he bent over.

Doleo drinking a 20-something pack of Pacifico - then hitting the OVJ for a couple shots and blaming the next 48-hour blackout on the OVJ...

Soonerwake's SIL (I think?) running my foot over. I remember that one cause I walked to Othello's and ate with some friends (remember when ST was normal? I do, and it saddens me to see what he's become), walked back, and didn't realize my foot/ankle was all ****ed up till the next day.

Momma pulling the porta turlets home when they were completely overflowed. As she's going through the Jack in the Box drive through at 11 or so people were paying her money to use the turlets cause the doors to the JIB were locked - then, some biker giving her the finger cause ****/**** were splashing all over the road as he rode through it.

Setting up tailgates in the heat/wind/rain/snow/sleet/etc. with our regular helpers Doleo, BFS - Daryl and his lovely lady Angela, Emily, and many others.

Beth, Charlie, jaux and his lovely daughter Susan, Czar, VK, BSG, Jed, Beano, wake, DE, SBSB, Bri, NP, Badger, Howzit and Amey, Colley and his lovely wife Jennifer? (how many ****ing kids y'all gonna poop out?), Brat and the brat, Sicem, Jiminy (John the politician), EJ, Jessica (thanks raffle girl), Norm, Doug, Homey and his lovely wife Delaine (he flew B-1s but can't ride a jet ski...and she can, heh), STEP and his lovely bride Jennifer, Walt's tater salad, Dave the picture guy (RIP my brother), yermom, instigator, Phil and Phil SR. (the whole hogs and elk/antelope meat were the bomb), Faninama my friend, First & Goal and her bro, ST and his lovely wife Trina, and about a hundred others I'm forgetting at the moment.

Good times. They were. Thank y'all for the memories.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2014, 08:25 PM
Meeting Veritas at the 2008 Nebraska game and going ape**** after the game at the tailgate watching the Crabtree catch to beat Texas live.

That was awesome..indeed.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2014, 08:27 PM
Soonerwake's SIL (I think?) running my foot over. I remember that one cause I walked to Othello's and ate with some friends (remember when ST was normal? I do, and it saddens me to see what he's become), walked back, and didn't realize my foot/ankle was all ****ed up till the next day.

That night was awesome..I think you and I both had a long night... I remember taking many shots with you at Othello's to make your foot feel better.

bluedogok
1/20/2014, 08:39 PM
My wife and I just made it to one, Tech 2008 (she went to Tech).

Phil
1/20/2014, 09:00 PM
One that I will allways remember was when Dean still had the 5th wheel . I had gone inside to get rid of a Couple of Used beers. when I stepped back out the Door Phil's Little Boy was walking by the bottom of the steps and Looked up and saw this Hairy ugly bastard and ran as fast as he could back to Phil. Fell and skint his knee . Poor little guy.

Fast forward several years I decided to stay at the TG instead of Go to the Game( Think I gave my Ticket that day to Badj, Not sure) anyway Same Little Fella , Sat in my lap watching the game and we Played Catch with a Football for a Long time. He wernt skeered of me No More.

Now share one if ya can !

I remember that very distinctly. He was absolutely terrified of you.

Phil
1/20/2014, 09:02 PM

Heh. That was fun. I remember the reaction the play before when Blake Gideon should have had a pick to end it, then going berserk when Crabtree did his thing. I also remember that you could hear people up the street going crazy, too, watching at another tailgate or something.

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 12:24 AM
I remember that very distinctly. He was absolutely terrified of you.

I cant even imagine what the Little feller was thinkin when he Looked way up and saw some Huge Hairy dude looking down on him. What was Great tho was when He sat in my Lap a few years later and watched the Game and we tossed a Football around.

Like Dean Said way too many to pick out Just One,even tho I dint make all of em I did pretty much the last 2 years worth

Good times , Good times. Great Food great company.

SoonerStormchaser
1/21/2014, 12:11 PM
I cant even imagine what the Little feller was thinkin when he Looked way up and saw some Huge Hairy dude looking down on him.

Probably "Why the **** did they let you escape from the zoo?" ;)

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 12:16 PM
Probably "Why the **** did they let you escape from the zoo?" ;)

Watch it Frag Mag. Dont you need to fetch yer Pilots some more coffee?

SoonerStormchaser
1/21/2014, 12:42 PM
Watch it Frag Mag. Dont you need to fetch yer Pilots some more coffee?

Nah...I make the sammiches...for my daughter

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 12:52 PM
Nah...I make the sammiches...for my daughter

Ya do know I Nicknamed her dontcha?

sooner_born_1960
1/21/2014, 01:04 PM
I remember that one time, when that one guy in the red shirt got real drunk. Fun times.

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 01:11 PM
I remember that one time, when that one guy in the red shirt got real drunk. Fun times.

:very_drunk:

SoonerStormchaser
1/21/2014, 03:36 PM
Ya do know I Nicknamed her dontcha?

Baby frag mag?

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 03:45 PM
Baby frag mag?

Naw, Its "Rotten" as in Spoiled assed Rotten :excitement:

SoonerStormchaser
1/21/2014, 04:02 PM
Damn right...and this weekend, she's getting Rotten in Sicily, Malta and London

olevetonahill
1/21/2014, 04:07 PM
Damn right...and this weekend, she's getting Rotten in Sicily, Malta and London

Heh

Howzit
1/22/2014, 11:04 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/a3oytg.jpg

olevetonahill
1/22/2014, 11:24 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/a3oytg.jpg

And the word is shes still kissin a Pig :very_drunk:

Howzit
1/22/2014, 11:37 AM
That's not Chick.

olevetonahill
1/23/2014, 07:20 PM
That's not Chick.

I knew that, Just had a Brain fart.

Scott D
1/23/2014, 11:32 PM
hmmmm

Soonerus
1/24/2014, 12:46 AM
The tailgates are still happening but you snobs will not come to LNC...

olevetonahill
1/24/2014, 01:04 AM

I ever make another game Ill be there bro

Scott D
1/24/2014, 01:26 AM

pretty sure it's not being snobs, but being lazy :)