PDA

View Full Version : TICKETS FOR 2014 OPENER

ORANGESOONERFAN
1/9/2014, 08:48 PM
I plan on going to the 1st game L Tech, traveling from New York , whats the best way to get tickets without getting ripped off or gouged. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated!!

Piware
1/9/2014, 09:05 PM
Once season tickets are sold, single game tickets are available through the OU ticket office (405) 325-2424. 2014 single game tickets aren't available yet. In May or so, you can also check the ticket office website http://www.soonersports.com

Hope this helps and Boomer Sooner!

Soonerwake
1/9/2014, 09:25 PM
My guess is that La Tech won't use their allotment, so u have a shot at single game tix. Usually, there are plenty of tix pretty cheap around the stadium, but the excitement buildup may bump the price quite a bit.

Good luck and have fun!! I'll be in section 20 being loud as usual..

MichiganSooner
1/9/2014, 10:17 PM
La Tech will return tickets they do not sell. Look for them to become available in July. As soon as possible, go to Soonersportsdotcom and sign up for Boomer Blast. Boomer Blast are promotional emails sent out by the Athletic Department. You will receive an email with a promotional code to use thru the OU ticket office to buy individual game tickets a few days before they are put on sale to the general public. You can order these single game tickets over the phone or the internet which I would advise. Before you can order over the internet through sooner sports web site, you will need to set up an account which is pretty easy. Set up a user id and a password; might as well get set up now so you are ready to order next summer.

8timechamps
1/9/2014, 11:05 PM
For the road games I've attended (not including Bowls), I've used StubHub.com and had absolutely no issue. Plus, if you buy it on StubHub, it's guaranteed to be an authentic ticket (so no issues of getting a duplicate, etc).

I've had really good luck waiting until the week of the game (I got two tickets to ND for $60/ea). It's a little risky, but so far it's worked out. I have no idea what the availability is for home games, but I bet it's good. Also, with it being the first game of an anticipated season, I'm not sure how long you want to wait, but I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets out there.

Also, check this site (the Sooner Swap board). It's not frequented a lot, but sometimes I see ticket offers.

badger
1/10/2014, 09:18 AM
Both OU and in Tulsa, I've found that the best bet is to show up on gameday with cash. Even that time TU hosted Boise State I was able to get a ticket an hour before the game for just $5 (the friend with the tickets forgot one, so scalpy scalpy!)

About the only time that didn't work out was the infamous OU-Tech game of 2008. Most scalpers were charging more than $200 per ticket, with some even going closer to $300 each. After about an hour of looking, we found something more in our price range: $125 each for south endzone seats. Considering that was the most fun game to attend ever, worth every penny! :)

EDIT: Should note that it has been a bad time for scalpers, though. I used my girly charm to get rid of a spare Iowa State ticket (asked for "whatever sounds fair" and the kind gentleman gave me $50), but the boys didn't act fast enough on Homecoming to get rid of two Tech tickets (was raining tons and everyone had spares) and had to eat 'em. I even offered to try to sell em during the parade. Ah well

instigator
1/10/2014, 09:58 AM
Just buy them on Gameday. There will be plenty available for that game. I would expect about half face value would be very easy to get.

pac10SUX
1/10/2014, 10:17 AM
Not to hijack things. We're planning on going to the game in Morgantown this year. What would be the best way to get tickets in the OU section(s)?

badger
1/10/2014, 10:35 AM
Not to hijack things. We're planning on going to the game in Morgantown this year. What would be the best way to get tickets in the OU section(s)?

Well considering that their first three games (we are #4) are Alabama, Towson and Maryland (loss-win-loss?) I'd say you should wait till the day of the game and bring cash :D

(actually, might wanna ask over at ignite this couch. they seem to be welcoming of new big 12 lurkers when they aren't in the midst of another fb/bb loss)

Soonerjeepman
1/10/2014, 11:13 AM
Both OU and in Tulsa, I've found that the best bet is to show up on gameday with cash. Even that time TU hosted Boise State I was able to get a ticket an hour before the game for just $5 (the friend with the tickets forgot one, so scalpy scalpy!)

About the only time that didn't work out was the infamous OU-Tech game of 2008. Most scalpers were charging more than $200 per ticket, with some even going closer to $300 each. After about an hour of looking, we found something more in our price range: $125 each for south endzone seats. Considering that was the most fun game to attend ever, worth every penny! :)

EDIT: Should note that it has been a bad time for scalpers, though. I used my girly charm to get rid of a spare Iowa State ticket (asked for "whatever sounds fair" and the kind gentleman gave me $50), but the boys didn't act fast enough on Homecoming to get rid of two Tech tickets (was raining tons and everyone had spares) and had to eat 'em. I even offered to try to sell em during the parade. Ah well

it was a blast that's for sure!!! my normally calm reserved cousin (who was a team manager in the 90's) almost got into it with a female tech fan in the middle of our OU section...lol....jump around baby....jump around!

humblesooner
1/10/2014, 05:45 PM
My guess is that La Tech won't use their allotment, so u have a shot at single game tix. Usually, there are plenty of tix pretty cheap around the stadium, but the excitement buildup may bump the price quite a bit.

Good luck and have fun!! I'll be in section 20 being loud as usual..

If you were going to wait for La Tech to return tickets, why not just buy them through La Tech before they return them?
Same seats.

oupride
1/10/2014, 07:06 PM
If you were going to wait for La Tech to return tickets, why not just buy them through La Tech before they return them?
Same seats.

lol

nativesooner
1/14/2014, 04:11 PM
Check back when folks get their tickets in.... you'll find a pair on the various boards for face or maybe even less.

As far as WVU, every year, every away game about 2 weeks before the game I see tickets for sale on these boards for face. These are from folks that ordered through OU and can't go. I've seen them for every game, so I'd wait and keep my eyes peeled on here for those as well.

SoonerMarkVA
1/14/2014, 04:21 PM

We went in 2012, but my method is my parents are season ticket holders who don't travel to away games. So, I asked them to request 4 through the ticket office. It was very nice to be surrounded by Sooners at an away game. I went to OU/UCLA in '90 and sat in the middle of UCLA fans and it was a lot less pleasant. Anyway, if you know any season ticket holders who aren't going to travel, that's my recommendation. If not, I'm not sure how you would make sure you're in with the Sooner crowd.