PDA

View Full Version : Baker Mayfield? Did we know about this?

jiminy
1/8/2014, 07:41 PM
Leaving TT to enroll at OU and appeal to NCAA?
link (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/01/former-texas-tech-qb-baker-mayfield-plans-to-enroll-at-oklahoma-despite-the-red-raiders-block.html)

Not that we need a QB, our optimism is predicated on the idea that Knight will continue to be awesome

Edit: Never mind, old news

8timechamps
1/11/2014, 07:55 PM
Although this has been covered, to answer your question; it was a very quick developing story. I think it was only a couple of weeks after he announced he was leaving Tech that the Sooners became his apparent landing spot.

oupride
1/11/2014, 10:17 PM
Sounds great.

stoopified
1/11/2014, 10:55 PM
Lost his last appeal today and will almost certainly be looking for a non Big 12 home.

8timechamps
1/12/2014, 02:59 PM
Lost his last appeal today and will almost certainly be looking for a non Big 12 home.

He's already enrolled at OU for the spring semester.

We'll see if he decides to open up his recruiting again, but it sounds like he's gonna bite the bullet and miss a year of eligibility (and stay at OU).

Also, his appeal was denied by Texas Tech. He's re-appealing to the NCAA. I think the fact that Tech was going to deny his appeal was kind of a given.

Therealsouthsider
1/12/2014, 10:17 PM
...I'd get an attorney, he walked on and was paying his own way

ss

yermom
1/12/2014, 11:30 PM
with Tech denying him, he has to wait 2 years, right?

TheUnnamedSooner
1/13/2014, 01:26 AM
with Tech denying him, he has to wait 2 years, right?

I think he only has to sit out one year but also loses a year of eligibility. So he loses two years but can play after one year.

HateTheWhorns
1/13/2014, 10:48 AM
I think he only has to sit out one year but also loses a year of eligibility. So he loses two years but can play after one year.

Can't one of the two years be a redshirt? And leave him two years of eligibility?. He was a true frosh this past year.

8timechamps
1/13/2014, 04:28 PM
Can't one of the two years be a redshirt? And leave him two years of eligibility?. He was a true frosh this past year.

TheUnamedSooner is correct, he is only going to have to sit out for one year. And yes, one of the remaining two years could be a red shirt year. So, in theory, he has three years to play two at OU.

Therealsouthsider
2/4/2014, 10:55 PM
TheUnamedSooner is correct, he is only going to have to sit out for one year. And yes, one of the remaining two years could be a red shirt year. So, in theory, he has three years to play two at OU.

...or three years to beat Tech twice

ss

8timechamps
2/4/2014, 10:58 PM
...or three years to beat Tech twice

ss

Wouldn't that be the ultimate justice for Mayfield?!