PDA

View Full Version : Petrino maybe back to Louisville...

rock on sooner
1/8/2014, 07:28 AM
reports are that Petrino is one of three finalists for the Louisville job.
Wonder will he bring the volleyball player with him?

oupride
1/8/2014, 07:34 AM
why not hire him?

Snrinhouston
1/8/2014, 08:35 AM
Well, other than the fact that he's a scumbag, he'd probably be a perfectly good hire.

Breadburner
1/8/2014, 08:51 AM
Look out ladies......!!!..

badger
1/8/2014, 09:13 AM
Initial reports out of Tulsa when Doug Graham left was that Steve Kragthorpe wanted to come back, too.

Those rumors were squashed early on--- too many hard feelings about him leaving the first time.

I can't imagine things would be different at L'ville with Petrino, especially considering what happened at Arky

rock on sooner
1/8/2014, 01:43 PM
Initial reports out of Tulsa when Doug Graham left was that Steve Kragthorpe wanted to come back, too.

Those rumors were squashed early on--- too many hard feelings about him leaving the first time.

I can't imagine things would be different at L'ville with Petrino, especially considering what happened at Arky

You could well be right, but then again, Louisville has tasted
winning seasons in football, to go with their basketball, and,
there is always the dreaded morals clause in the contract.

badger
1/8/2014, 02:09 PM
I'm likely wrong. (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/08/louisvilles-hiring-of-bobby-petrino-reportedly-imminent/)

if they join the big 12, i should halloween costume it up. NP can be the neck braced press conference coach and I can be the blond that caused the motorcycle accident :mad:

aurorasooner
1/8/2014, 02:28 PM
I thought Western KY sort of locked him with some kind of ridiculous contract that he couldn't leave for x number of years.

badger
1/8/2014, 02:32 PM
I thought Western KY sort of locked him with some kind of ridiculous contract that he couldn't leave for x number of years.
specifically, he can't leave for the mascot will eat him ;)

joking aside...
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1857775/photo.JPG
All he owes is $1.2 mil if he leaves early, which L'ville will probably cover to lure him away

aurorasooner
1/8/2014, 02:39 PM
specifically, he can't leave for the mascot will eat him ;)

joking aside...
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1857775/photo.JPG
All he owes is $1.2 mil if he leaves early, which L'ville will probably cover to lure him away
Yeah, I saw that show where that animal rights activist was crowing that the team mascots were abused. One of the laughers was that one on Ralphie. They said that most buffalo head to the slaughter house, so Ralphie has it pretty good being a pampered mascot.
1.2 mil is a joke buyout in this day/time. I thought that when they interviewed that Western Ky AD, he said they locked Petrino in for x number of years along with a hefty buyout.

rock on sooner
1/8/2014, 08:22 PM
Looks like he's at Louisville now...no word on his volley ball player...

badger
1/9/2014, 09:23 AM
along with a hefty buyout.

Well, $1.2 mil is a lot of money to me I guess, and it probably is to a little program like WKU, that likely has to get big payout-for-blowout non-conference checks to cover their annual budget.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/9/2014, 09:49 AM
Smart move by WKU to sign him.. Publicity in signing him and big finances for his leaving..

badger
1/9/2014, 10:04 AM
Smart move by WKU to sign him.. Publicity in signing him and big finances for his leaving..

Has Arky State gotten a new coach yet? The sign-then-leave policy has worked well for them the past three years. Ca-ching! Buyouts!

Jacie
1/9/2014, 12:49 PM
Better an old demon than a new god . . .

yankee
1/9/2014, 12:59 PM
Wonder how long he stays at Louisville before jumping ship to a bigger program.

KantoSooner
1/9/2014, 01:07 PM
Has Arky State gotten a new coach yet? The sign-then-leave policy has worked well for them the past three years. Ca-ching! Buyouts!

sMack Daddy Brown, book it.

SoonerorLater
1/9/2014, 01:14 PM
Just goes to show you if a coach can win football games the administrations don't care how ethically challenged you are.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/9/2014, 01:31 PM
He's hiring Garrick McGee as his OC. Kind of an odd move to move from head coach to OC but UAB went 2-10 this year and he may have been seeing the writing on the wall if they didn't improve drastically this season.

http://newsok.com/report-louisville-to-hire-former-sooners-qb-garrick-mcgee-as-off.-coordinator/article/3922219

badger
1/9/2014, 01:38 PM
sMack Daddy Brown, book it.

They hired UNC's offensive coordinator, I looked it up when I was updating the coaching fires/hires of the offseason list. Meh. He'll be somewhere else by next season if the trend continues.

Louisville = Dumb hire. Good riddance to them and to the ACC for taking them.