PDA

View Full Version : Garden City Community College!

Rogue
1/6/2014, 08:35 PM
Holy hellcrap this place must be loaded with more talent than 75% of D1 schools!

ashley
1/6/2014, 08:47 PM
I had a running back go there and he go 24hrs on summer. True story.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/6/2014, 10:27 PM
Some more big time talent coming out of there this year too.

Salt City Sooner
1/7/2014, 01:19 AM
The Jayhawk Conference is perennially the best conference in the NJCAA. Lots & lots of players come here who signed w/ the big boys & for whatever reason, couldn't/didn't get in.

swardboy
1/7/2014, 08:45 AM
I remember scrimmaging against Ft. Scott, KS juco in 1972...work was that Woody Hayes stockpiled talent there.

aurorasooner
1/7/2014, 05:52 PM
Looks like Tennessee got a couple of JUCOs from that league and are going to be in Knoxville for spring practice.

Wide receiver Lavon Pearson (Plumas Ntl Forest, CA)
Offensive tackle Dontavius Blair (Garden City, KS)
Defensive tackle Owen Williams (El Dorado, KS)
Running back Jalen Hurd (Hendersonville, TN)
Wide receiver Josh Malone (Gallatin, TN)
Tight end Daniel Helm (Chatham, IL)
Defensive back D'Andre Payne (Washington, DC)
Tight end Ethan Wolf (Minster, OH)
Defensive end Joe Henderson (Cleveland, OH)
Defensive lineman Dimarya Mixon (Mesquite, TX)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2014, 06:45 PM
The Jayhawk Conference is perennially the best conference in the NJCAA. Lots & lots of players come here who signed w/ the big boys & for whatever reason, couldn't/didn't get in.

50% of the drafted juco players came from KS jucos.

8timechamps
1/7/2014, 07:09 PM
I had a running back go there and he go 24hrs on summer. True story.

I have no idea what this means. Can you clarify?

8timechamps
1/7/2014, 07:10 PM
Looks like Tennessee got a couple of JUCOs from that league and are going to be in Knoxville for spring practice.

Wide receiver Lavon Pearson (Plumas Ntl Forest, CA)
Offensive tackle Dontavius Blair (Garden City, KS)
Defensive tackle Owen Williams (El Dorado, KS)
Running back Jalen Hurd (Hendersonville, TN)
Wide receiver Josh Malone (Gallatin, TN)
Tight end Daniel Helm (Chatham, IL)
Defensive back D'Andre Payne (Washington, DC)
Tight end Ethan Wolf (Minster, OH)
Defensive end Joe Henderson (Cleveland, OH)
Defensive lineman Dimarya Mixon (Mesquite, TX)

This kid was chomping at the bit to play at OU. The Sooners said "thanks, but no thanks".

Salt City Sooner
1/8/2014, 05:05 PM
50% of the drafted juco players came from KS jucos.
They've been coming for a while. Back when I first started paying attention, Coffeyville had a guy named Mike Rozier (Ron Springs was there a few years earlier as well).

salth2o
1/8/2014, 05:34 PM
I have no idea what this means. Can you clarify?

I think ashley is stating the student-athlete earned 24 credit hours during the summer term.

8timechamps
1/8/2014, 05:38 PM
I think ashley is stating the student-athlete earned 24 credit hours during the summer term.

Yep, he was (he clarified).

salth2o
1/8/2014, 05:56 PM

Yep, he was (he clarified).

I've coached and worked at a JUCO for 18 years...that's a lot of hours in a summer. Realistically, practically, and ethically that shouldn't happen. 14 hrs should be max. 7 hours in each 5 week summer term. But it does happen at some schools.

CowboyMRW
1/8/2014, 06:09 PM
We got Tyreek Hill out of there. His high school 200 time would've placed 5th in the 2012 olympics. Can't wait to see how we use him. Hopefully like Tavon

8timechamps
1/8/2014, 06:52 PM
I've coached and worked at a JUCO for 18 years...that's a lot of hours in a summer. Realistically, practically, and ethically that shouldn't happen. 14 hrs should be max. 7 hours in each 5 week summer term. But it does happen at some schools.

I would think that would be a ton of hours for any kid, let alone a kid trying to focus on a sport as demanding as football. Crazy.