PDA

View Full Version : Julian Wilson at 1:39 to go in first half in Sugar Bowl

blacktop
1/5/2014, 11:11 PM
Why was Colvin & others so upset with Julian Wilson at the 1:39 mark in the first half? I'm going back over the game, because it keeps feeling so good, along with the forum thread and I don't see any mention. Looked like Bob was even in on it. Probably the heat of the moment. Just wondering.

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2014, 11:13 PM
wrong coverage?

yermom
1/5/2014, 11:24 PM
He didn't know where he was supposed to be so they had to call a timeout

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2014, 02:21 AM
He was on the hook for appetizers and he just brought a bag of potato chips.

SouthFortySooner
1/6/2014, 12:02 PM
All I gathered was, whatever it was it had happened enough times already.

KantoSooner
1/6/2014, 12:16 PM
Whatever it was, he was getting numerous new anii ripped by pretty much the entire team and coaches. Hell, some fans were probably down there jumping his ****.

sooneron
1/6/2014, 01:28 PM
I heard that he had "forgotten his wallet" the night before at O'Brien's...

Scott D
1/6/2014, 04:58 PM
He was in the wrong assignment, and when they tried to correct it, he kept going back to the wrong assignment.

KantoSooner
1/6/2014, 05:00 PM
Colvin was looking at him in a very 'intense' sort of way.

8timechamps
1/6/2014, 05:07 PM
It was between two players, Wilson and Lynn. Lynn was trying to get Wilson set, and Wilson was misaligned. It had happened twice already, and the last time forced a TO. Lynn laid into Wilson coming off the field, and Wilson didn't react. Lynn didn't let it go, and I guess Wilson finally had enough and snapped back.

I loved it. I loved that Lynn was taking his leadership role seriously, and I love that Wilson showed some emotion. In the end, it all worked out. Stoops (both of them) only stepped in to regain the focus, I think they were fine with the players working out themselves.

oupride
1/6/2014, 05:35 PM
It was between two players, Wilson and Lynn. Lynn was trying to get Wilson set, and Wilson was misaligned. It had happened twice already, and the last time forced a TO. Lynn laid into Wilson coming off the field, and Wilson didn't react. Lynn didn't let it go, and I guess Wilson finally had enough and snapped back.

I loved it. I loved that Lynn was taking his leadership role seriously, and I love that Wilson showed some emotion. In the end, it all worked out. Stoops (both of them) only stepped in to regain the focus, I think they were fine with the players working out themselves.
Thanks for the post.

blacktop
1/6/2014, 07:54 PM

It is great to see leadership from coaches but it is even better to see peer leadership on the field and in the trenches. It is amazing what focused intensity can do. Thank you for the great post.

Rogue
1/6/2014, 08:30 PM
He had his lucky wristband on the wrong arm. AGAIN

cleller
1/7/2014, 03:16 PM
Its worth going back and watching. As Bama lines up, Lynn quickly realizes that there is a receiver left uncovered. He's frantically trying to get someone's attention, probably Wilson. Frank Shannon realizes what is going on, and heads to cover the receiver. Lynn then really goes nuts, waving and yelling at Wilson, finally jumping in the air out of frustration.

There's now a good posting of the game on Youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOKj1tufBAM

Wilson's bumble is at 1:12:45 on the vid.

OkieThunderLion
1/8/2014, 11:58 PM
Wilson was trying to line-up inside the box even though Bama had 3 WR on the field. It was obvious the nickel was supposed to be on the right side of the defensive formation. I don't ever recall seeing a whole defense so pissed at one teammate before. lol