PDA

View Full Version : STOOPS TO THE PROS?…

Snrinhouston
1/4/2014, 04:39 PM
I just can't see him making the move if the choices are Cleveland or Detroit. For a variety of reasons, both personal and professional (both of which seem so clear that no explanation is needed), it seems he would choose to stay at OU.

Now if something like the Dallas or Denver job came calling…I'd start to worry.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2014, 04:54 PM
I would expect this on an orange aggy board.

cherokeebrewer
1/4/2014, 04:57 PM
According to media, Bob's been leaving since year 2000. The only thing I see happening is he gets another nice pay raise...

picasso
1/4/2014, 04:57 PM
I would expect this on an orange aggy board.

Consider the source.

1/4/2014, 05:15 PM
Consider the source.orange aggy can suck it, just like they did last night.

SoonerorLater
1/4/2014, 05:15 PM
Hope it's just ESPIN trying to stir the pot a little. I can't imagine why any coach in a position like Bob Stoops would entertain accepting a job in a coaches graveyard like Cleveland.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10238867/bob-stoops-oklahoma-sooners-linked-cleveland-browns-coaching-opening

bluedogok
1/4/2014, 05:16 PM
Detroit at least has some talent on the roster....

SoonerinSouthlake
1/4/2014, 05:33 PM
It's his agent stirring the pot

1/4/2014, 05:42 PM
It's his agent stirring the potProlly. Bob might figure if Saban can get a $2million raise, & I can beat Saban, then why not me...

SoonerorLater
1/4/2014, 05:50 PM
Prolly. Bob might figure if Saban can get a $2million raise, & I can beat Saban, then why not me...

and Bob might be figuring correctly.

Snrinhouston
1/4/2014, 05:52 PM
Consider the source.

Are you saying that I am not a Sooner fan? A fan of some other team? I've been a die-hard Sooner for nearly 40 years, and I'll put my knowledge of the team up against your's any time, any day, anywhere.

Do you think the subject is not topical? Hmmmm, I guess your news judgment is better than the people at Newsok.com, Espn.com, and SI.com combined. Congratulations!

I merely posted a newsworthy issue, and my opinion that Stoops would not take either job.

If you agree, why so? If not, why not? In short, add something to the conversation, instead of some lame, illogical "consider the source" response. If you don't like the topic, skip the thread…I'm fairly sure an absence of your written detritus would not be missed.

okiewaker
1/4/2014, 06:25 PM
Bob is mentioned as leaving for Cleveland for last 15 years. Bob ,,,DO NOT go to Cleveland.

hawaii 5-0
1/4/2014, 06:29 PM
Gundy to Pop Warner?

5-0

OhU1
1/4/2014, 07:56 PM
Boren gets his wallet out yet again...

At least Stoops only gets a raise after a good season unlike Mack who got a raise no matter what. The new BCS Bob would be worth a raise if he keeps coaching like he has the last month.

BB37
1/4/2014, 09:02 PM
We've been through this so many times it doesn't even register with me anymore.

BB37
1/4/2014, 09:03 PM
Bob is mentioned as leaving for Cleveland for last 15 years. Bob ,,,DO NOT go to Cleveland.

"Cleveland" is the operative word here.

oupride
1/4/2014, 09:21 PM
Prolly. Bob might figure if Saban can get a $2million raise, & I can beat Saban, then why not me...
You could be right.

AzianSooner
1/4/2014, 09:22 PM
I wish Bob would just stay.

Snrinhouston
1/4/2014, 09:24 PM
"Cleveland" is the operative word here.

Agree.

Also wonder if being from Youngstown (about 70 miles away from Cleveland) is a major factor for Bob in contemplating a Cleveland job. Dunno? Correct me if I am wrong, but seems I've read a few times that Youngstown is not exactly the jewel of Ohio. Does anybody know if Bob has a vacation home there?

Would a coach who'd been born and raised in Beaumont be that much more interested in the Houston Texans job?

rock on sooner
1/4/2014, 09:32 PM
IMHO, Stoops will not go to the pros. He will coach college, period. He
will coach at OU as long as he wants, only exceptions are a scandal or
several 4 loss seasons wrapped around a losing season.

Now, think about this, he has a job that pays nearly $5 mil a year and
likely to increase. Why go to the pros where you are TWO consecutive
losing seasons and unemployed? Makes no sense. 15 years in place,
a bunch of All Americans, only coach to win all four BCS bowls plus a
national championship, a pretty good incoming recruiting class (that
just got much better with Mixon) for 2014 and already 4 4-star recruits
for 2015. Add to that, the family commitments he has with his kids and
their school/friends, that palatial home he just built. He's got his brother
building a kick-a$$ defense and a QB this appears to be a Heisman candidate,
a BUNCH of wideouts on hand and more coming in.

Now, RILLY, why would he leave?

Snrinhouston
1/4/2014, 09:36 PM
Agree. Wouldn't seem to make sense unless it was a premium NFL destination.

IMHO, Stoops will not go to the pros. He will coach college, period. He
will coach at OU as long as he wants, only exceptions are a scandal or
several 4 loss seasons wrapped around a losing season.

Now, think about this, he has a job that pays nearly $5 mil a year and
likely to increase. Why go to the pros where you are TWO consecutive
losing seasons and unemployed? Makes no sense. 15 years in place,
a bunch of All Americans, only coach to win all four BCS bowls plus a
national championship, a pretty good incoming recruiting class (that
just got much better with Mixon) for 2014 and already 4 4-star recruits
for 2015. Add to that, the family commitments he has with his kids and
their school/friends, that palatial home he just built. He's got his brother
building a kick-a$$ defense and a QB this appears to be a Heisman candidate,
a BUNCH of wideouts on hand and more coming in.

Now, RILLY, why would he leave?

swardboy
1/4/2014, 09:56 PM
Oh c'mon you people! Does Norman have the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame?

End of discussion.

8timechamps
1/4/2014, 10:06 PM
15 years ago Stoops was a 'candidate' for the Cleveland job. The state of the Browns is as sorry now as it was then. That's where coaching careers go to die. There's a major issue with the operation of that franchise, and there isn't a coach in the country that will have success there until there are fundamental changes.

With that said, this is a non story. Stoops addressed similar comments in his first press conference after the OSU game. They were of the Longhorn variety, but the answer spoke volumes. Then, right after the Sugar Bowl (maybe the next morning), he was asked again (specifically about the Cleveland job), and his response was "I'm happy where I'm at, and plan to be there for a long time". Still, the media wants this to be a story soooo bad.

Stoops isn't dumb, and like every coach in today's game, he isn't going to come out and say "No, I'm not leaving", unless the rumors get out of control (like with Briles). Otherwise, his agent can use this as leverage, all of them do it.

Stoops will retire as the head coach of the Oklahoma Sooners.

olevetonahill
1/4/2014, 10:08 PM
Are you saying that I am not a Sooner fan? A fan of some other team? I've been a die-hard Sooner for nearly 40 years, and I'll put my knowledge of the team up against your's any time, any day, anywhere.

Do you think the subject is not topical? Hmmmm, I guess your news judgment is better than the people at Newsok.com, Espn.com, and SI.com combined. Congratulations!

I merely posted a newsworthy issue, and my opinion that Stoops would not take either job.

If you agree, why so? If not, why not? In short, add something to the conversation, instead of some lame, illogical "consider the source" response. If you don't like the topic, skip the thread…I'm fairly sure an absence of your written detritus would not be missed.

No, I think hes sayin he thinks yer an Idiot!
JMHO

Snrinhouston
1/4/2014, 11:16 PM
No, I think hes sayin he thinks yer an Idiot!
JMHO

You still around? Most people who welsh on a bet (ironically, one that you'd have won) would slink off in embarrassment for at least a few days. And YES, you welshed on the bet. I know it. You know it. And we both previously agreed that anyone who welshes on a bet is the lowest form of pond scum. So go hang out with your other plankton and amoeba friends.

olevetonahill
1/4/2014, 11:42 PM
You still around? Most people who welsh on a bet (ironically, one that you'd have won) would slink off in embarrassment for at least a few days. And YES, you welshed on the bet. I know it. You know it. And we both previously agreed that anyone who welshes on a bet is the lowest form of pond scum. So go hang out with your other plankton and amoeba friends.

STFU Mouth. I refuse to debate tht with you, since I had explained it to you in a Peem and you agreed.
You sre an Idiot!

Snrinhouston
1/4/2014, 11:55 PM
STFU Mouth. I refuse to debate tht with you, since I had explained it to you in a Peem and you agreed.
You sre an Idiot!

You can't debate it with me. There is no debate. No facts are in issue. Just because you send me a PM regarding your specious belief of the facts doesn't change reality.

Here are the facts:

1. We made a bet, agreeing on the point spread, amount of the bet.
2. Then we exchanged addresses to which the loser of the bet would send the money to the winner.

Guess what, smart guy? At that point that bet is made. sealed. done.

AFTER that you come in UNILATERALLY, and say, "Oh, if you get banned from the board, I'm calling off the bet". Sorry no, it doesn't work that way. If you wanted that condition to be part of the bet, you make that clear UP FRONT. Not AFTER the bet has been made.

Try doing that in Vegas…place a bet with a sports book, then say, "Oh, by the way, if it rains on game day, the bet is off". Let me know how that works.

The fact that I got suspended (not banned) from the board for two weeks is TOTALLY irrelevant to the terms of our bet. We had eachother's contact info. AND I reached out to you in good faith on December 28th, when the suspension was lifted. MORE THAN five days before the game.

Conclusion
You are a welsh. An absolute, unforgivable, backsliding, WELSH.

I know it, you know it, now hopefully everyone on this board knows it.

olevetonahill
1/5/2014, 12:00 AM
You can't debate it with me. There is no debate. No facts are in issue. Just because you send me a PM regarding your specious belief of the facts doesn't change reality.

Here are the facts:

1. We made a bet, agreeing on the point spread, amount of the bet.
2. Then we exchanged addresses to which the loser of the bet would send the money to the winner.

Guess what, smart guy? At that point that bet is made. sealed. done.

AFTER that you come in UNILATERALLY, and say, "Oh, if you get banned from the board, I'm calling off the bet". Sorry no, it doesn't work that way. If you wanted that condition to be part of the bet, you make that clear UP FRONT. Not AFTER the bet has been made.

Try doing that in Vegas…place a bet with a sports book, then say, "Oh, by the way, if it rains on game day, the bet is off". Let me know how that works.

The fact that I got suspended (not banned) from the board for two weeks is TOTALLY irrelevant to the terms of our bet. We had eachother's contact info. AND I reached out to you in good faith on December 28th, when the suspension was lifted. MORE THAN five days before the game.

Conclusion

I know it, you know it, now hopefully everyone on this board knows it.

Aint you special, LOL

Snrinhouston
1/5/2014, 12:05 AM
Aint you special, LOL

No. I didn't expect you'd have anything substantive to say. Like I said, the facts aren't in debate…so you didn't debate them. Just fell back on one of your favorite red-herring Olevetonahillisms:

"Ain't you special"
"Arnt you sompun" (sic)
****Off Dip****
et al.

Good night, Welsh.

1/5/2014, 02:08 AM
Stoops will retire as the head coach of the Oklahoma Sooners.Will he beat Amos Alonzo Stagg?

soonergirlNeugene
1/5/2014, 05:34 AM
Stoops is *hopefully* just using this to position for another (deserving) raise. With Stoops not getting an offer from the recent Mack Brown gravy train, he's fallen back a bit compared with the field, especially with so many other coaches getting raises/extensions this last month. I wouldn't think he would need this as the man clearly deserves to be paid like one of the top coaches in the game. But it never hurts to stack as many bargaining chips as you can.

fadada1
1/5/2014, 08:27 AM
I think if he has any contact with his old boss (Spurrier), which I'm sure he does, he will never give serious consideration to the nfl. IMO, too much control is lost as an nfl coach and Stoops is probably all too aware of this fact.

kevpks
1/5/2014, 09:34 AM
Conclusion

Leave the Welsh out of this!

Cynt y cyferfydd dau ddyn na dau fynydd.

Translation: Two men will meet sooner than two mountains.

Breadburner
1/5/2014, 10:54 AM
Read this thread then check your I.Q. and see if it half what it was before you started......

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/if-stoops-goes-to-ut.179718/

jiminy
1/5/2014, 11:39 AM
Read this thread then check your I.Q. and see if it half what it was before you started......

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/if-stoops-goes-to-ut.179718/

I read the title and first post, and suddenly realized I had forgotten the 100th digit of pi. So I stopped there. I CANNOT RISK FORGETTING PI.

aurorasooner
1/5/2014, 11:44 AM
Way, way too many "network lackey disinformation gophers", "SEC network gopher butt sniffers" Whorn and A$$ie chameleons pretending to be Sooner posters/fans, imo.
They've been trying to perpetuate lame rumors of HCBS to the pros and out of Norman for over a decade, especially immediately after we win a huge BCS game and the rumors usually surface in the month of January which is immediately before the recruiting deadline.
IMO, if Bob leaves Norman it'll either be to retire to the beach or be for another college job like UF where they would throw the bank at him similar to what the whorns tried to do with Saban to try and regain some of their past glory.
I'd sure hate to see him go if him and our staff continue to come up game-plans and bowl preparation like they did for this years Sugar Bowl.

Socrefbek
1/5/2014, 12:12 PM
No. I didn't expect you'd have anything substantive to say. Like I said, the facts aren't in debate…so you didn't debate them. Just fell back on one of your favorite red-herring Olevetonahillisms:

"Ain't you special"
"Arnt you sompun" (sic)
****Off Dip****
et al.

Good night, Welsh.

I'll help you out with a couple of others

"Turd" and "Tard"

Advice: Don't make a bet with a turd because when they Welch on it you feel like a tard.