PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo - Bob Stoops: ‘We can play with anybody, whether it’s the SEC or anyone else’ (

Jenni Carlson
1/3/2014, 07:00 PM
Oklahoma shocked the college football world when they knocked off third-ranked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl Thursday night. Sooners coach Bob Stoops was riding high following the win, especially after being criticized for his comments earlier in the season saying that the SEC being the nation’s best conference was “propaganda.” Stoops did not back down from those comments on Colin Cowherd’s show on ESPN Radio Friday. “When I made the comment, the bottom half of the SEC was like zero-and-36 against the top half of the SEC. You realize that? A year ago … nobody talks about that. My point was, don’t say SEC like they’re all doing that [beating everyone],” Stoops said. “I’ve got total respect for Alabama, but you can’t deny what we did last night. Obviously, we can play with anybody, whether it’s the SEC or anyone else. And to say we can’t … well, Alabama’s been rolling the SEC for the last three years and we didn’t seem to be overwhelmed last night. I’m done with that talk.” Stoops also noted the success that Missouri and Texas A&M have had since moving to the SEC from the Big 12. “What about Texas A&M and Missouri? They’ve been in the Big 12 for 100 years. They don’t seem to be overwhelmed in that league. And they haven’t been ruling the Big 12 the entire time that they were here, right?” Stoops said. Stoops certainly raises several good points and deserves the right to have a bit of an “I told you so attitude” after the effort his team put forth the Sugar Bowl. The expectations in Norman for the Sooners heading to the offseason are sure to skyrocket as well. - - - Want to join the conversation? Hit us up on Twitter @YahooDrSaturday be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/ncaaf/SIG=13pqmiqa1/*http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/bob-stoops-play-anybody-whether-sec-anyone-else-234057513--ncaaf.html)