REDREX
1/3/2014, 04:12 PM
Big rumor in Dallas around the OSU money people

OUinFLA
1/3/2014, 04:14 PM
Orange is Orange

Harris County Sooner
1/3/2014, 04:16 PM
Poke orange doesn't make me as sick as whorn orange.

SouthFortySooner
1/3/2014, 04:19 PM
There is a thread titled 'Don't think the whorns know who they want'. I think it is becoming apparent no one wants to coach there. May be why they will settle for 'I'm a man'.

EatLeadCommie
1/3/2014, 04:19 PM
With his 1 win against OU? I doubt they poach anybody from within the conference unless he truly is tired of Boone.

badger
1/3/2014, 04:20 PM
Big rumor in Dallas around the OSU money people

oh goody a distraction right before a big bowl game

if he's even considering this sh!t right now i hope his hair gel trickles into his eyes and burns burns burns

5thYearSooner
1/3/2014, 04:29 PM
I would like a pay raise at my current job..please start 5thyearsooner to Texas rumors..please..:excitement:

Eielson
1/3/2014, 04:31 PM
Texas is back at it. Raises all around. The average salary of Big XII coaches is going to double for next year.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/3/2014, 04:32 PM
I buy it...
If for no other reason that the whorn short list is getting longer and longer while everyone they want stays put.

I know you all agree the stupidity of the whorn entitlement mentality. But this coaching search illustrates their delusion.

"this is the best job in football (any level), who should we go hand pick, we can get anyone we want"

hmmm
Saban- oops, re-signed with Bama
Jimbo Fisher- oops re-signed with FSU
Briles-oops re-signed with Baylor, then after rumors swirled 2nd round, snubbed whorn again.

So
Lombardy? Yes , We could pay God enough to let him coach us again.

Oh, OK....lets see if we can snatch Gundy from TBoone

Makes complete sense to me

At the end of the day, the search for the perfect might just be whorn settling for Gundy

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2014, 04:37 PM
lol Gundy is what, their #5 or #6 choice now? And he'll still be flattered for the attention.

OhU1
1/3/2014, 04:37 PM
I can't see the stuffy U of T culture wanting spiky haired gumby. [hairGel] However, Texas does seem to do well with a guy from the state of Oklahoma at the helm :)

It seems like all the guys Texas really wanted want no part of Texas. "BEST FOOTBALL JOB IN AMERICA"? Nope, just more big cigar cowboy hat Texas hype. :texan:

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2014, 04:45 PM
One thing I will say, is that Texas has gotten a lot of mileage out of this coaching search - maybe not in terms of its ultimate purpose, but if you look at it purely for its trolling value? Haven't most of the top candidates lost this postseason? Truly, the Texas coaching search has become a burning clown car. Nearly every joker who has escaped has been in flames!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RgSDuLSbUmA/TvZ88URsrQI/AAAAAAAAPCc/LO4Cc0pOp78/s1600/clown+car+crash.jpg

winout
1/3/2014, 04:49 PM
Would they pick someone who can't beat OU?

Dallas
1/3/2014, 04:55 PM
oh goody a distraction right before a big bowl game

if he's even considering this sh!t right now i hope his hair gel trickles into his eyes and burns burns burns

You are all class.

Funny *** class, too.

UteSooner
1/3/2014, 05:10 PM
This is too funny! How far down their list will they have to go?

boomer8390
1/3/2014, 05:11 PM
Schnellenberger is free

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2014, 05:12 PM
Shaggy has yet to let go of the Saban idea. Today someone posted the following:
http://i.imgur.com/OKU83Fu.png

OklaPony
1/3/2014, 05:16 PM
Would they pick someone who can't beat OU?
Miami did when they hired Jimmy Johnson and he proceeded to kick our *** with the upgrade in talent.

CowboyMRW
1/3/2014, 05:18 PM
Won't happen. If he didn't leave last year with the openings, he won't now.

Snrinhouston
1/3/2014, 05:19 PM
Now reports say that Mora is taking a pass.

landrun
1/3/2014, 05:21 PM
Well, at this point, who else are they going to hire?

UteSooner
1/3/2014, 05:25 PM
How about James Franklin? Has he said anything? I know he's still got a game to play.

Sooners78
1/3/2014, 05:27 PM
Schnellenberger is free

With John Blake coaching in the RRR, saxet was 2-1. I can dream, can't i?

badger
1/3/2014, 05:35 PM
Well, at this point, who else are they going to hire?

Nick Saban. He can't beat OU anymore. Perfect fit

aurorasooner
1/3/2014, 05:43 PM
Well, at this point, who else are they going to hire? I think one of the big issues they've got with hiring a top notch coach, is that top notch coach doesn't want Mack hanging around, and I'm not sure the whorn administration doesn't want him completely out of Dodge as well, although, for obvious reasons, they don't want to say it in public.
If Asstin was the US Government, they'd give Mack some meaningless ambassadorship to some podunk country on the other side of the world.

Okie35
1/3/2014, 05:54 PM
I find it funny these coaches are passing on Texas. I think after the Vandy bowl game tomorrow Franklin may go.

kevpks
1/3/2014, 05:57 PM
James Franklin would be a decent hire but Horn fans will have a lukewarm reaction and pounce on him after their inevitable 3-4 losses next year.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 06:01 PM
I don't believe any of the rumors being churned out. Some may be true, but I suspect most are fabricated and repeated with no proven source. Starting Tuesday morning, all CFB coaches are in a better position to talk as well as a larger set of NFL coaches. Things will get serious.

Okie35
1/3/2014, 06:09 PM
I don't believe any of the rumors being churned out. Some may be true, but I suspect most are fabricated and repeated with no proven source. Starting Tuesday morning, all CFB coaches are in a better position to talk as well as a larger set of NFL coaches. Things will get serious.

Well I mean Mora and Briles are out of the question. They're done with their bowls. Only names I can think of are franklin, fisher, or gundy now I guess. I really think they go with Franklin.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 06:27 PM
Well I mean Mora and Briles are out of the question. They're done with their bowls. Only names I can think of are franklin, fisher, or gundy now I guess. I really think they go with Franklin.

They may be done, but then there are the *other* rumors about Jimbo Fisher. So if those rumors have any substance, I don't see the horns making a decision on someone else until they can at least talk to him for real. So it depends on which rumors are true.

Piware
1/3/2014, 07:12 PM
With his 1 win against OU? I doubt they poach anybody from within the conference unless he truly is tired of Boone.

Or T Bone is tired of him. LOL!