PDA

View Full Version : Stoops on The Herd this morning...

soonerinabilene
1/3/2014, 12:00 PM
Had me rolling. Explained his comments on the SEC, made Colin agree with him, and said he hasn't heard a word about going to the Browns. He sounded like the old (young) Bob Stoops. Great to hear.

winout
1/3/2014, 12:33 PM
You can listen to The Herd rebroadcast on Tunein Radio app.

I love to hate Colin... basically really like the guy but he has to have the worst case of selective amnesia. He basically goes on a rant about how Saban should get rid of the pocket passer. But, two weeks ago he is stating Bama is the second coming of 49-Cowboys-Steelers-college-version and they got beat on "basically a fluke" play vs Auburn. Giminy...talk about what have you done for me lately.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/3/2014, 12:49 PM

I love to hate Colin... basically really like the guy but he has to have the worst case of selective amnesia. He basically goes on a rant about how Saban should get rid of the pocket passer. But, two weeks ago he is stating Bama is the second coming of 49-Cowboys-Steelers-college-version and they got beat on "basically a fluke" play vs Auburn. Giminy...talk about what have you done for me lately.

He is a sensationalist. He just blabs contrarian crap for ratings. I like him, but he is pretty Kanye West in that regard.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/3/2014, 12:49 PM
When did he talk to Stoops during the broadcast?

Bourbon St Sooner
1/3/2014, 12:51 PM
I don't watch much ESPN anymore, but I caught finebaum on this morning eating a little crow and making a lot of excuses. Screw that little weasel. Guys like him are why I don't watch them much any more.

70sooner
1/3/2014, 01:32 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1991881/kw3.gif

mhackl
1/3/2014, 01:45 PM
That was awesome! Thank you for mentioning it.
I like Bob getting a little salty.

http://c.espnradio.com/s:5L8r1/audio/2033426/herdaudio_2014-01-03-130026.48b.mp3?ad_params=zones%3DPreroll%2CMidroll %2CPostroll%7Cstation_id%3D664

soonerinabilene
1/3/2014, 04:37 PM
When did he talk to Stoops during the broadcast?

At 10:45 central, so an hour 45 into the show.

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2014, 04:39 PM
Stoops' stock in the CFB landscape hasn't been this high since the LSU game. Love to see him regaining his mystique. Of course, with that also comes the job offers..

soonerinabilene
1/3/2014, 04:44 PM

A lot of people talk about hating ESPN, but I'll say this: we had espnradio here for 3 years, and then last year it changed to CBS sports radio. It isn't even close. CBS is horrible. Doug Gottlieb, who I couldn't stand at ESPN, is the only listenable guy they have. Mike and Mike kills Tiki, Brandon, And Dana, Colin is way better than John Feinstein, and SVP and Russilo (who are my favorite radio show ever) are so beyond Jim Rome its not even close. How the hell Jim Rome still has a job, I don't know. Really, I can't tell sometimes if its him, or Frank Caliendo impersonating him. He just makes no sense.

OhU1
1/3/2014, 04:44 PM
The Stoops we all loved is back baby!

okiewaker
1/3/2014, 04:50 PM
Not to change the subject but did y'all hear Jim Rome in his analysis of the game during his commercial? Wished I had recorded it and could post. It was great.

70sooner
1/3/2014, 05:01 PM
give us the short version...

oupride
1/4/2014, 10:26 PM

http://c.espnradio.com/s:5L8r1/audio/2033426/herdaudio_2014-01-03-130026.48b.mp3?ad_params=zones%3DPreroll%2CMidroll %2CPostroll%7Cstation_id%3D664

Thanks for the post.

hawaii 5-0
1/4/2014, 10:29 PM
I think Cowherd thought he was blessed to be in the auditory presence of Bob Stoops.

As he should be.

5-0

SoonerMarkVA
1/4/2014, 10:48 PM

Excellent, excellent! Thanks for the link, and it feels great having the Stoops with a chip and some fire back.

ObiKaTony
1/4/2014, 11:23 PM
Great interview, been saying this for years!

King Barry's Back
1/5/2014, 06:47 AM
Excellent, excellent! Thanks for the link, and it feels great having the Stoops with a chip and some fire back.

I am beginning to wonder if that "old Bob" never really left, if he's just been waiting for another big, national signature win. It finally came.

swardboy
1/5/2014, 12:58 PM
From Jim Rome's website:

The Tide just got rolled in the Sugar Bowl. Boomer Sooner 45. Fake Tough Guys 31. Welcome to 2014, Tuscaloosa!

Robert Stoops just turned the clock back about a decade to a time when the man glossed “Big Game” was actually winning them. Because his guys just slapped the SEC and punked the Sabes.

Bama is still the best team in the country? Not even close to the best team in the building. They would be favored over Auburn and Florida State? Well, they were laying 17 to the Sooners and they got laid out.

Call it an Iron Bowl hangover if you want… But I’ve never heard of a hangover lasting a month.

Spin it any way you want, Bama Fan. The Tide AREN’T who we thought they were. Because this wasn’t some miracle 109-yard field goal return. It was OU pushing the reigning champs around. It was Stoops saying screw it and rolling the dice on 4th down because he could. It was The Mighty Tide getting out-talented at the line of scrimmage.

And it was their 5-star D getting worn out by a freshman quarterback.

Trevor Knight… won the night. I’d say that looked like a Saban that wasn’t locked-in and begged for that beating, but I don’t need to. Nicky admitted it himself. “I thought our team late in the season… Maybe didn’t have the focus we needed to have.”

Uh huh. And MAYBE the best coach in the country just got outcoached.

Big ups, Bob. And a huge BOOMER! To the Sooner state.

SoonerMarkVA
1/5/2014, 01:24 PM
From Jim Rome's website:

The Tide just got rolled in the Sugar Bowl. Boomer Sooner 45. Fake Tough Guys 31. Welcome to 2014, Tuscaloosa!

Robert Stoops just turned the clock back about a decade to a time when the man glossed “Big Game” was actually winning them. Because his guys just slapped the SEC and punked the Sabes.

Bama is still the best team in the country? Not even close to the best team in the building. They would be favored over Auburn and Florida State? Well, they were laying 17 to the Sooners and they got laid out.

Call it an Iron Bowl hangover if you want… But I’ve never heard of a hangover lasting a month.

Spin it any way you want, Bama Fan. The Tide AREN’T who we thought they were. Because this wasn’t some miracle 109-yard field goal return. It was OU pushing the reigning champs around. It was Stoops saying screw it and rolling the dice on 4th down because he could. It was The Mighty Tide getting out-talented at the line of scrimmage.

And it was their 5-star D getting worn out by a freshman quarterback.

Trevor Knight… won the night. I’d say that looked like a Saban that wasn’t locked-in and begged for that beating, but I don’t need to. Nicky admitted it himself. “I thought our team late in the season… Maybe didn’t have the focus we needed to have.”

Uh huh. And MAYBE the best coach in the country just got outcoached.

Big ups, Bob. And a huge BOOMER! To the Sooner state.

That's so ridiculously over the top. Now Bama are pretenders? "Fake Tough Guys"? Man, the stupid hurts.

Two heavyweights slugged it out. We won. We play again, and 'Bama could just as easily be on the winning side. To say 'Bama is a fraud is an insult to both teams.

stoopified
1/5/2014, 03:45 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1991881/kw3.gifI don't care who you are,that is funny sh!t.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2014, 03:49 PM
That's so ridiculously over the top. Now Bama are pretenders? "Fake Tough Guys"? Man, the stupid hurts.

Two heavyweights slugged it out. We won. We play again, and 'Bama could just as easily be on the winning side. To say 'Bama is a fraud is an insult to both teams.

^This.