PDA

View Full Version : Wow...It took ONE big win for this crap to start again

SoonerinSouthlake
1/3/2014, 11:06 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/oklahomas_bob_stoops_the_young.html

I heard his wife has been seen in Cleveland looking for houses, and that he was seen on a plane headed to Cleveland on Christmas day to spend time with the owner of the Browns. Also, a source in Bobs inner circle said he secretly loves the Browns so much that he wears a Browns "onesie" when he's alone in his office.

olevetonahill
1/3/2014, 11:15 AM
If he goes I wish him well and thank him for 16 years/ I doubt he's going anywhere tho.

rock on sooner
1/3/2014, 11:17 AM
IF he goes, it won't be to the Browns. Actually, the only place he's
going is to the bank with his pay raise.....

BigTip
1/3/2014, 11:18 AM
Would there be a big money difference?

Maybe he would do it in hopes that bro would get the head coach nod here.

Can't discount stuff like this, but can't do anything about it either.

Boomer.....
1/3/2014, 11:22 AM
To be fair, the rumors started earlier this week

SoonerinSouthlake
1/3/2014, 11:37 AM
I say this is more magic from his very wise agent. Yes I bet he will parlay combo of the Cleveland rumors, all the new money being thrown at coaches everywhere thanks to Mack, and this big win in to a big fat chunk of cash.

I dont blame him. After he obviously cant cash in on being named on Whorn Short list like all the other elite coaches in the country

Scott D
1/3/2014, 01:33 PM
It's a done deal, rumor is Nick Saban is going to be his Defensive Coordinator, and Art Briles is going to be his offensive coordinator. ;)

70sooner
1/3/2014, 01:39 PM
on one of the sports shows this morning, can't remember who, he said credible sources told him that if KC had not gotten Andy Reid, they would have gone after Stoops, for what it's worth....

SoonerinSouthlake
1/3/2014, 01:44 PM
on one of the sports shows this morning, can't remember who, he said credible sources told him that if KC had not gotten Andy Reid, they would have gone after Stoops, for what it's worth....

Kansas City and Cleveland are coaching revolving doors. Both of them have gone after Stoops several times. Bob really has been seen in the owners skybox at KC before.

nanimonai
1/3/2014, 01:46 PM
I won't believe anything until Dean Blevins sees Rick Neuheisel getting off a plane in Norman.

BigTip
1/3/2014, 02:14 PM
I say this is more magic from his very wise agent.

Worked for Saban.

GDN
1/3/2014, 02:26 PM
Can't think that Stoops would even consider for a second. What more could he want, the pay couldn't get much better and now he has a chance to get into and win the first college football playoff. Everybody else just likes to hate. Bob loves it here.

Aries
1/3/2014, 02:30 PM
I decided as of about 2003 that I'm ignoring all rumors about Bob leaving until he makes an official announcement. One day, he will. But it has saved me tons of anxiety over the last 10 years already.

nanimonai
1/3/2014, 02:31 PM
Can't think that Stoops would even consider for a second. What more could he want, the pay couldn't get much better and now he has a chance to get into and win the first college football playoff. Everybody else just likes to hate. Bob loves it here.

Yeah, you can't win in Cleveland. Best case he coaches there for a few mediocre seasons and gets fired. NFL coach money and big time Div 1 coaching money is getting to be about the same these days so it's not that. I think Bob wants at least one more NC before he thinks about leaving or retiring.

SoCalBigRed
1/4/2014, 12:38 AM
Funny, that Coach Stoops gave the same answer he's always given.

"Coach, word is the Browns are interested in you"

"Yep, that's what the word is..."

The media, horns and aggies run with it.

Once again. He's not going anywhere. Anyone that believes otherwise, is a fool or a troll.

soonergirlNeugene
1/4/2014, 12:46 AM
I hope he stays. But if he goes I will just be grateful for all he's done for this program. Really not wanting to join in this particular round of coaching hires though.

PhiDeltBeers
1/4/2014, 12:54 AM
You serious, Clark?

soonergirlNeugene
1/4/2014, 12:55 AM
I may be a bit tipsy. Needed a bit of liquid assistance to make it through that pokie game.