PDA

View Full Version : Eric Striker Quote

Wishboned
1/3/2014, 11:01 AM
I love this.

“Anyone who doubted us, they should bite their tongue. Tell 'em all to bite their tongue. Stephen A. (Smith), Skip Bayless, all of 'em.”

cherokeebrewer
1/3/2014, 11:13 AM
That's pretty wholesome compared to what I'd tell 'em...

soonerinabilene
1/3/2014, 11:15 AM
"Helmet off? What you mean I took my helmet off?" -Eric Striker

rock on sooner
1/3/2014, 11:18 AM

Heh...refs were blind there...

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 11:20 AM

Why do players even have the urge to do this?

Widescreen
1/3/2014, 11:44 AM
Why do players even have the urge to do this?

Ask Cale Gundy. He was the master at that.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/3/2014, 12:30 PM
Ask Cale Gundy. He was the master at that.

heh, I think he was the resaon the rule was changed in the first place

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 12:31 PM
heh, I think he was the resaon the rule was changed in the first place

I always thought this was the Emmett Smith rule that the college game adopted.

winout
1/3/2014, 12:34 PM
Didn't see it.. what happened on that play.. was the helmet pulled off by a Bama player?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/3/2014, 12:37 PM
Didn't see it.. what happened on that play.. was the helmet pulled off by a Bama player?

No. He pulled it off, Grissom yelled get your helmet back on, he put it on.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/3/2014, 12:44 PM

Got so lucky there. Thank god he put the sucker back on in a hurry.

Of course, we got jobbed on the superman throat-slash. It happens.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/3/2014, 12:46 PM
What was the deal with McCarron getting mouthy when getting touched out of bounds? As much as people like that kid, I thought it made him look like a pu$$y.

aurorasooner
1/3/2014, 01:21 PM
What was the deal with McCarron getting mouthy when getting touched out of bounds? As much as people like that kid, I thought it made him look like a pu$$y. I don't know exactly what was said between AJ and our defender on that ""touch out of bounds, but kudos to the ref for quickly jumping in and separating them, and not throwing a quick flag aka the Colt McCoy acting job.
As far as AJ goes, after listening to him step up to the mic last night and accepting the blame, I've got nothing but complete respect for him. Good quality person and excellent representative for CFB, imo.

badger
1/3/2014, 01:24 PM
What was the deal with McCarron getting mouthy when getting touched out of bounds? As much as people like that kid, I thought it made him look like a pu$$y.

Everything about that kid last night looked wussy pu$$y. why not step into a throw while taking a hit. oh my beautiful faaace those defenders might mess up my eye makeup if they touch me. get away! get away! here, have the ball if you want it so badly

Bourbon St Sooner
1/3/2014, 01:44 PM
Well he's not used to getting the pressure in his face that he had last night. I'll say one thing for McCarron, after the game the entire Alabama sideline went straight to the locker room, but he stuck around and congratulated the Sooner players. So, I'll give him props for being a stand up guy.

Sooners78
1/3/2014, 03:05 PM
Well he's not used to getting the pressure in his face that he had last night. I'll say one thing for McCarron, after the game the entire Alabama sideline went straight to the locker room, but he stuck around and congratulated the Sooner players. So, I'll give him props for being a stand up guy.

yep. Maybe those SEC defenses aren't so superior after all. AJ was clearly frustrated.

bluedogok
1/3/2014, 03:47 PM
I think Striker had some help with the helmet, the chinstrap was already undone when he pulled it off. He still shouldn't have yanked it off his head in that way though.

rock on sooner
1/3/2014, 04:36 PM
No. He pulled it off, Grissom yelled get your helmet back on, he put it on.

That's just being prudent...wouldn't you jump if Grissom yelled at you?

8timechamps
1/3/2014, 04:49 PM
You could tell Striker was pumped up in warm ups. But, it wasn't until Bama's OT Kouandjio started yapping that Striker started talking. I think it was the third play of the game, Kouandjino and Striker got mixed up and the refs had to step in. You could hear both yelling at each other (couldn't tell what was being said). After that, Striker was in Kouandjio's ear after almost every play.

Nobody talked more than Jalen Saunders though. I love that kid. It didn't matter who it was, or where they were, he was yapping after every play...whether he got the ball, or not.

They definitely weren't intimidated.