PDA

View Full Version : WE'RE #1!!!

SoCalBigRed
1/3/2014, 06:08 AM
Well, according to a non-Big XII conference fan, I've known since HS. We've been going back and forth, since the good bowl games started and he went on abOUt conference dominance. My point, I don't think there really is, any dominant conferences anymore. I think each has 2, MAYBE 3 good teams, then midlings to pure crap.

He's a UCLA fan, so he said the Pac-12 and the SEC were the best... the the lowly Big XII clawing its way to 3rd. I laughed... but what do yOU say, until scoreboard, that I hadn't already argued. Kansas started us OUt strong, but Big 10... psh. I thOUght texas wOUld show up for Mack and start the conference OUt with a true statement there. Leave it to the 'horns to stink up the joint. If they're not playing us...

But KSU and TT redeemed the Big XII to this point... thOUght Duke was going to upset Johny "Please Declare" Manziel, so I could rub that in... not to be. At least he's gone, IMO. NU took care of Georgia. Big 10 typically sucks bowl season, so does NU now... so them beating another supposed SEC power... my argument was picking up steam. Wisconsin and Iowa, thanks bums... MSU woot, embarrasses the darlings of the Pac-12.

Thanks Baylor. University Central Florida? WHO? Finally get in the spotlight and yOU remind us all... you're still Baylor.

So, I think at this point, I've still proven my point... and ready to follow-up with the Pac-12 and the SEC are not the two best conferences (though, I hadn't laughed at him for that one yet). Then he drops the bomb. "Alabama is really the #1 team in the nation. They'd be favored over anyone on a neutral field. Auburn was a fluke. They're going to roll (against OU)"

ShOUld have read my posts during the game, abOUt the runaway blowOUt being administered by the MIGHTY SEC having OU against the ropes. Especially when it got to 17 - 31. OU had certainly awoken the beast and we were doomed, by now, going into the halftime. LOL!

So... by his logic. Alabama being the #1 team in the nation and heck, playing more in their backyard, than OUrs, we convincingly beat the crap out of them.

Thus, making OU #1
(that's abOUt how 'bama does it to, right?)

SoCalBigRed
1/6/2014, 10:09 PM
As I said...

Auburn only beat 'bama on a fluke play. We destroyed 'bama in every facet of the game. Auburn is running FSU up and down the field. Most analysts and observers said 'bama would be favored over anyone on a neutral field.

Thus... We're #1!!!

P.S. If FSU comes back and wins, this will just prove the SEC is no better than anyone else... and we can share the title.

lexsooner
1/6/2014, 10:11 PM
Well, some schools would consider that enough to put 2013 National Champions on their stadium and record books.

SoCalBigRed
1/6/2014, 10:12 PM
Well, some schools would consider that enough to put 2013 National Champions on their stadium and record books.

Like... 'bama?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/6/2014, 10:42 PM
Well, according to a non-Big XII conference fan, I've known since HS. We've been going back and forth, since the good bowl games started and he went on abOUt conference dominance. My point, I don't think there really is, any dominant conferences anymore. I think each has 2, MAYBE 3 good teams, then midlings to pure crap.

He's a UCLA fan, so he said the Pac-12 and the SEC were the best... the the lowly Big XII clawing its way to 3rd. I laughed... but what do yOU say, until scoreboard, that I hadn't already argued. Kansas started us OUt strong, but Big 10... psh. I thOUght texas wOUld show up for Mack and start the conference OUt with a true statement there. Leave it to the 'horns to stink up the joint. If they're not playing us...

But KSU and TT redeemed the Big XII to this point... thOUght Duke was going to upset Johny "Please Declare" Manziel, so I could rub that in... not to be. At least he's gone, IMO. NU took care of Georgia. Big 10 typically sucks bowl season, so does NU now... so them beating another supposed SEC power... my argument was picking up steam. Wisconsin and Iowa, thanks bums... MSU woot, embarrasses the darlings of the Pac-12.

Thanks Baylor. University Central Florida? WHO? Finally get in the spotlight and yOU remind us all... you're still Baylor.

So, I think at this point, I've still proven my point... and ready to follow-up with the Pac-12 and the SEC are not the two best conferences (though, I hadn't laughed at him for that one yet). Then he drops the bomb. "Alabama is really the #1 team in the nation. They'd be favored over anyone on a neutral field. Auburn was a fluke. They're going to roll (against OU)"

ShOUld have read my posts during the game, abOUt the runaway blowOUt being administered by the MIGHTY SEC having OU against the ropes. Especially when it got to 17 - 31. OU had certainly awoken the beast and we were doomed, by now, going into the halftime. LOL!

So... by his logic. Alabama being the #1 team in the nation and heck, playing more in their backyard, than OUrs, we convincingly beat the crap out of them.

Thus, making OU #1
(that's abOUt how 'bama does it to, right?)

Title #8 then! Right?

lexsooner
1/6/2014, 11:26 PM
Like... 'bama?

They are the most notorious for claiming illegitimate national titles, which is odd since they don't have to, given their numerous legit titles. However there are other offenders. Texas Aggies are among the worst. They claim two titles based upon a modern day rating service of old time college football teams. One time at aggie stadium they listed a year in which they supposedly won the Big XII. Problem was, they merely tied for the south division of the Big XII. I think it was the year we played Florida for the title and were tied with Texas and the aggies in the south division. They removed it once it was pointed out.

birddog
1/6/2014, 11:32 PM
Spin job of the decade. holy crap. We won our bowl game. Let's move on. We have a team with heart and they're easy as hell to love

SoCalBigRed
1/7/2014, 12:18 AM
Spin job of the decade. holy crap. We won our bowl game. Let's move on. We have a team with heart and they're easy as hell to love

I had just sat down to write the commissioner of the NCAA to have OU considered for a shared title. Now... I don't know... :indecisiveness:

stoopified
1/7/2014, 12:29 AM
Title #8 then! Right?No,#25.That would mark OUr 18th Bama style title to go along withe the Legit 7.