PDA

View Full Version : Best two loss season ever?

BigTip
1/3/2014, 01:01 AM
Sounds like a stupid thing to say, but I think it might be. Beating Notre Dame. The win in Stoolwater. Now Bama. Great way to wrap the season.
I feel pretty good. And I know I'll feel good until next season too.

OUmillenium
1/3/2014, 01:05 AM
Good point considering the youth of this team and the injuries. Great job coaching this year. Our new O line coach is priceless. Ill say yes on the best 2 loss season. Funnest bowl win in the Stoops era ourside of MNC Orange in my opinion.

Snrinhouston
1/3/2014, 01:22 AM
Hmmmm. Good question. The 1980 season was good as well…with the last minute come from behind win against FSU in the Orange Bowl. Watts to Valora. Will never forget it.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/3/2014, 01:31 AM
this was an extremely satisfying season. I was a pessimist who thought ir would be 4 or 5 losses. Two losses with the injuries we had was really an accomplishment.

beat up as we are I also thought Alabama kills us, and was seriously worried about what that might do to our recruiting (Bob commented in the press conference that in fact this win would help), Beating Saban and a top team and doing it with big plays on both offense and defense couldn't be more satisfying. I really hope this is a turning point in getting the swagger back in our defense and returning to elite status

yermom
1/3/2014, 02:57 AM
it was looking pretty bad before the last 3 games

what a ride

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2014, 03:02 AM
Sounds like a stupid thing to say, but I think it might be. Beating Notre Dame. The win in Stoolwater. Now Bama. Great way to wrap the season.
I feel pretty good. And I know I'll feel good until next season too.Of course it is. Beating Notre Dame, it's been 57 years!!! Also, who else is 3-0 with Alabama except for our coach?(17 point underdawgs)

nanimonai
1/3/2014, 03:21 AM
it was looking pretty bad before the last 3 games

what a ride

On that night after the Baylor loss if you told me we'd wind up at the end of the season steamrolling Alabama in the Sugar Bowl I'd have asked you if you had any more peyote to spare.

Eielson
1/3/2014, 03:45 AM
I'm going to go with the year we lost to Texas and Florida.

1/3/2014, 03:58 AM
I'm going to go with the year we lost to Texas and Florida.Ending the season with a win in a major bowl over 2-time defending champion is pretty special. To me it's better than stumbling against FU in a game where the refs mugged us really bad.

Eielson
1/3/2014, 04:15 AM
Ending the season with a win in a major bowl over 2-time defending champion is pretty special. To me it's better than stumbling against FU in a game where the refs mugged us really bad.

This is the best finish to a season, but I didn't think that was the question. That team was clearly better, and our losses were to much better teams. The "Jump Around" game against Tech was pretty special.

1/3/2014, 04:27 AM
This is the best finish to a season, but I didn't think that was the question. That team was clearly better, and our losses were to much better teams. The "Jump Around" game against Tech was pretty special.As far as 2 win seasons, this is my fave, with beating both norte el-domer and 2 time defending champ bama in the Sugar, and by 2 td's,to end it, and having greatly improved outlook for the rest of recruiting season..

BigJerm7
1/3/2014, 06:58 AM
We didn't win the National Championship, but it feels pretty dang close. This win gets OU a little respect, and does wonders for recruiting. Who better to knock Bama off their high horse than OU?

Tiptonsooner
1/3/2014, 10:58 AM
We're are pretty spoiled. It's nice to have a debate over the best 2 loss season and can go back 40 years for the debate!!!

BigTip
1/3/2014, 12:59 PM
We're are pretty spoiled.
Damn right we are.
It's great being us!