PDA

View Full Version : Can we give Josh some props???

SoonerKnight
1/3/2014, 12:38 AM
Thanks Josh for calling a great game!! Totally awesome game I am really excited!!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2014, 12:39 AM
YEP! Props, Josh!

(But please remove running it up the middle from the playbook please. KThanks.)

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 12:41 AM
Great game plan and completely opposite of what everyone expected. He recognized power running would have limited success and trusted TK to win with his arm.

delhalew
1/3/2014, 12:42 AM
Called a good game.

Gotta love running it up the middle against Bama... because I can! Lol.

Still. Great job Josh!

He better give Knight a big bear hug.

soonerfan69
1/3/2014, 12:47 AM
Where was this Josh this season? I hope we get this wide open Pedal to the Metal offense for years to come

OUmillenium
1/3/2014, 12:48 AM
Amen, Josh was great. It really helps an OC look good when a qb plays well and it also makes an OC look bad when a qb does not play well. Josh and Trevor were awesome tonight!!!

instigator
1/3/2014, 12:49 AM
I was shocked at the motion and formations we started out with. The offensive staff really had a great game.

David Earl
Yeah, Josh and the other offensive coaches did a great job in this game.

Okie35
He used tight ends :-) he called an amazing game.

OUster
Props, Josh! Great plan coming in and made great in game adjustments! Speechless right now...basking for the first time in a long time!

stoopified
1/3/2014, 12:52 AM
Them X's andO's work pretty good when the Jimmys and Joes execute,otherwise it is time fire the coaches. Way to go Josh

Wishboned
1/3/2014, 12:56 AM
Great preparation.

C&CDean
1/3/2014, 01:00 AM
Them X's andO's work pretty good when the Jimmys and Joes execute,otherwise it is time fire the coaches. Way to go Josh

If Trevor would have thrown a couple ducks instead of a couple beautiful tight spirals everybody would be "you suck Heupel" like they've been all ****ing year. JH is a very decent OC. Someday, he might even be a great one. It's amazing how good you look when the kids throw/catch/block/execute. Amazing...

SoonerKnight
1/3/2014, 01:34 AM

If Trevor would have thrown a couple ducks instead of a couple beautiful tight spirals everybody would be "you suck Heupel" like they've been all ****ing year. JH is a very decent OC. Someday, he might even be a great one. It's amazing how good you look when the kids throw/catch/block/execute. Amazing...

That's the point! People need to realize that this was a huge game for OU perception wise and he succeeded! The entire staff did!

okiewaker
1/3/2014, 01:38 AM
Game plan was great!

jiminy
1/3/2014, 01:39 AM
Ok, props to Josh... but earlier in the season some of us were calling him a fat, donut-munching moron who was idiotically trying to make a running qb fit his passing game. You know who you are...

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2014, 01:39 AM
That's the point! People need to realize that this was a huge game for OU perception wise and he succeeded! The entire staff did!

Nailed it! Great job by all!

olevetonahill
1/3/2014, 01:43 AM
Thanks Josh for calling a great game!! Totally awesome game I am really excited!!

Boy done good !

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 01:45 AM

^This exactly! If TK had not been on target, we'd have screams of "run da damn ball!" and "fire Heupel!". My worry going into this game is the plan would have been run heavy and I doubted it would work well. The plan was clearly to stay away from their strength in the middle, work the outside and rely on Saunders/Sheppard/Bester to beat their secondary. They all made amazing plays.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2014, 01:46 AM
Boy done good !

Boy?! He's a man! He's almost 40! (5 years to go)

LOL

Dallas
1/3/2014, 01:48 AM
The coaches certainly had ever facet of this team ready to play tonight.

All of the coaches did great tonight. Josh called a great game. They really took it to that SEC defense.

Just unbelievable.

Well done, Oklahoma.

Piware
Great game plan, kids executed well and it was the Sooner football most of have come to expect. Fabulous win!

olevetonahill
The Boy Called a Great game , Yall don't like it? Kiss my dick

aurorasooner
1/3/2014, 01:50 AM
Got to give Heupel props. Excellent offensive game plan and excellent game play calling. Our offense helped out tonight, timely and well executed screen passes for YAC, which I didn't think we'd ever see from him. Hopefully he'll build on this success next year. Just a fun game to watch.
btw, I sure hope Stool State stomps a mudhole in Mizzou tomorrow. Those hayseed Mizzou fans are getting as bad as porker fans in riding SEC coat tails when they haven't ever won cheet. I'm going to be rooting hard for the Cowboys.

hawaii 5-0
1/3/2014, 01:54 AM
Josh called a good game tonight.

Anytime they line up and have me guessing is a good thing.

I hated those days of 3rd and 3, the Sooners would line up in an 'I' formation with Jones and I would just groan.

I loved it when they lined up, shifted 2 players to the right, then shifted 2 players to the left. Saw it alot in the 4th quarter.

5-0

okiewaker
1/3/2014, 02:21 AM
I have NO idea who put that offensive game plan together but,,,"I love you long time"

EatLeadCommie
1/3/2014, 03:11 AM
I slammed Josh most of the year and he deserved it. He deserves praise tonight. The last thing I, or Nick Saban, expected, was for the offense to undergo a complete overhaul. There was a lot of that 99-00 offense in there. Ninja formations and other weird crap. Saban didn't have any of that on tape that he was studying. And big, big kudos to TK for making some throws tonight that he hadn't made all year. A very strange game overall. If you had told me our defense would give up 5-6 plays of over 40 yards, I'd tell you we were flattened. The 7 sacks and 3 turnovers obviously helped a bunch. Striker get into AJ's head.

ashley
1/3/2014, 08:08 AM
He finally got a good QB. I have said all year no one can call good plays with a bad QB.

dwarthog
1/3/2014, 08:35 AM
Coaches had em' ready to play and Josh called the game in a "great way"! Attaboy Josh!

stoopified
1/3/2014, 04:13 PM
I The 7 sacks and 3 turnovers obviously helped a bunch. Striker get into AJ's head.While I agree with the sentiment of your post,I would point out there were actually FIVE turnovers(2picks,McCarron fumble,Yeldon fumble muffed squib kick at the end), Defense was big,made key plays.

olevetonahill
1/3/2014, 04:16 PM
Boy?! He's a man! He's almost 40! (5 years to go)

LOL

Thats a BOY to me LOL

rock on sooner
1/3/2014, 04:33 PM
Thats a BOY to me LOL

Careful, Vet, yer jus a pup yerself...:wink:

olevetonahill
1/3/2014, 04:37 PM
Careful, Vet, yer jus a pup yerself...:wink:

I aint a Pup, Just not as Old a dog as You :very_drunk:

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2014, 04:41 PM
Outstanding play calls in this one. Heupel may not be 40 yet, but he is a MAN!

ashley
1/3/2014, 05:11 PM
He would have called good plays if he would have had a QB like last night.

cherokeebrewer
1/3/2014, 05:23 PM
Josh called a great game and there was a courageous bunch of Sooners on that field who played like champions...

Sooners78
1/3/2014, 05:36 PM
^This exactly! If TK had not been on target, we'd have screams of "run da damn ball!" and "fire Heupel!". My worry going into this game is the plan would have been run heavy and I doubted it would work well. The plan was clearly to stay away from their strength in the middle, work the outside and rely on Saunders/Sheppard/Bester to beat their secondary. They all made amazing plays.

Agree, but much of the success with execution has to be credited to Heupel for preparation. We only see what happens on the field. These coaches did an outstanding job of getting this team prepared. I have no doubt that Josh spent extra time with TK in the film room getting ready for this game.

Soonerfossil
1/3/2014, 07:56 PM
JOSH FOR PRESIDENT!!!! HELL, BOB AND MIKE TOO!!! PROUD OF THE SOONERS AND THE COACHING STAFF.

rock on sooner
1/3/2014, 08:06 PM
I aint a Pup, Just not as Old a dog as You :very_drunk:

Welp, 'Scuse me, whilst I go git nother beer...you ready?