PDA

View Full Version : Knowing my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ has my back- Knight

dennis580
1/3/2014, 12:37 AM
Got to love it. This is Knight's best attribute.

David Earl
1/3/2014, 12:50 AM
Yeah.

He seems like a genuine, humble guy. Always like to see that in our players.

swardboy
1/3/2014, 12:55 AM
What? No Johnny Football off-the-field antics in the off-season? Yes indeed, you've got to love it.

bluedogok
1/3/2014, 01:00 AM
What? No Johnny Football off-the-field antics in the off-season? Yes indeed, you've got to love it.
I do believe they have different family role models.....Manziel is just following his family tradition.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2014, 01:06 AM
McCarron is also a Christian.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/21593493/aj-mccarron-off-the-field-part-2

Who helps seriously ill children.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8812751/aj-mccarron-special-bond-starla-chapman-college-football

dennis580
1/3/2014, 01:38 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8812751/aj-mccarron-special-bond-starla-chapman-college-football

That is great. I wished everybody knew Jesus Christ as there Lord, and Savior.

IGotNoTiming
1/3/2014, 01:41 AM
Jesus don't care about football… he cares about the poor and the weak and the sick….

dont hijack him for something he cares nothing about...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2014, 01:45 AM
Can we let coach Bob Stoops stay on til next year?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2014, 01:47 AM
McCarron is a class act!

picasso
1/3/2014, 01:52 AM
Jesus don't care about football… he cares about the poor and the weak and the sick….

dont hijack him for something he cares nothing about...
This is insanely stupid. Christ cares for us all unconditionally but he gets those of us who seek HIM through every struggle and circumstance. That is what believers mean when they mention Him in sports. It's apparently over you and Bob Costas' heads.

OhU1
1/3/2014, 01:56 AM
What's stupid is believing fairy tales with NO evidence. Welcome to the stupid pool Picasso! Hopefully Knight does not turn into a Tebow Jr. At least Landry Jones was humble about his faith which I could respect.

But it's a great day to be a Sooner so I love everyone! ;)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2014, 01:59 AM
So whether it's a football game or a battle with terminal cancer, it's all the same to Jesus?

McCarron and Knight are both Christians, who both presumably sought him through tonight's struggle and circumstance.

How did Jesus decide who won, any ideas on that?

I readily admit this is way over my head.

picasso
1/3/2014, 02:01 AM
What's stupid is believing fairy tales with NO evidence. Welcome to the stupid pool Picasso! Hopefully Knight does not turn into a Tebow Jr. At least Landry Jones was humble about his faith which I could respect.

But it's a great day to be a Sooner so I love everyone! ;)

You do know the bible is a document written by many people and open to be disproven. It's tied to actual historical evidence and still written about by many brilliant theologians smarter than you or I.
That doesn't matter to me. I know Christ and his love. If you don't it's your loss not mine.
Chief.

dennis580
1/3/2014, 02:04 AM
So whether it's a football game or a battle with terminal cancer, it's all the same to Jesus?

McCarron and Knight are both Christians, who both presumably sought him through tonight's struggle and circumstance.

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.- Psalm 34:1

That was the point of this thread.

OhU1
1/3/2014, 02:04 AM
Logical fallacy much Picasso? No, historical and archeological evidence refute fundy claims. I also see an implied threat of force (Jesus will burn me if I don't accept "his love"). LOL.

picasso
1/3/2014, 02:05 AM

He didn't say Christ helped him win anything. Christ gets you through things. He's a crutch if tou lean on him.
I'm dealing with the loss of my father right now. Let me tell you that God has been there for me.

picasso
1/3/2014, 02:06 AM
Logical fallacy much Picasso? No, historical and archeological evidence refute fundy claims. I also see an implied threat of force (Jesus will burn me if I don't accept "his love"). LOL.

Really? You don't read much Skip.

picasso
1/3/2014, 02:07 AM

Not at all. I could give two ****s if you do or not. And I have a Baptist background. Heh.

TXBOOMER
1/3/2014, 02:08 AM
After seeing way to many dead Marines and children in my day, I always get uncomfortable when I hear athletes do that. But, I must say he carries himself in a very positive manner.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2014, 02:08 AM
He didn't say Christ helped him win anything. Christ gets you through things. He's a crutch if tou lean on him.
I'm dealing with the loss of my father right now. Let me tell you that God has been there for me.

My condolences on your loss and I am glad that you have found comfort at this time.

OhU1
1/3/2014, 02:09 AM
Best wishes to you Picasso, and sorry about your dad. Let's just put aside religious differences and be happy about one of the best days in Sooner history! Cheers!

IGotNoTiming
1/3/2014, 02:09 AM
This is insanely stupid. Christ cares for us all unconditionally but he gets those of us who seek HIM through every struggle and circumstance. That is what believers mean when they mention Him in sports. It's apparently over you and Bob Costas' heads.

Christ doesn't care about western competition culture…. we have distorted his message for our culture's exclusivity
he was a man of peace…. period

I will leave your definition of Christ alone…..

My most sincere condolences on losing your father… I lost mine 5 years ago….. it is not easy. I wish you sincere healing and grace through your time of loss.

1/3/2014, 02:26 AM

I readily admit this is way over my head.FWIW Religion(the subject of God)is over EVERYONE'S head. Infinity and origin of matter are mysteries we can't possibly know. Deal with it, atheists!

1/3/2014, 02:29 AM
My condolences on your loss and I am glad that you have found comfort at this time.Bravo. Good on you, Picasso!

picasso
1/3/2014, 02:32 AM
* Sophomore center Ty Darlington, one of Knight's best friends, on his performance: “I'm so freaking proud of that guy. He's been through so many ups and downs this year; so many people have doubted him when things didn't go his way in the beginning. He just kept preparing, kept fighting.”
This just might be what Trevor was alluding to folks. Not winning the game but getting through things.
Try using a little more thought in shallow criticisms.

OU_Sooners75
1/3/2014, 02:53 AM
Some people are just ignorant.
Trevor knight never said God helped the win. He was alluding to his roll coaster journey this season. The highs and lows along the way this year. And he expressed his appreciation for his belief that God stayed with him and gave him the comfort to keep pressing forward.

Some of you that want to discredit religion need to find evidence that God does not exist, instead of alway say there is no evidence that he does.

Btw there is more evidence that God does exist than there isnt.

Eielson
1/3/2014, 03:09 AM
Trevor never said anything about us winning because God hijacked this game for us. I don't have a copy of his interview in front of me, but I took at as more of a thanks for giving him the opportunity and any other blessings in his life. You guys are right that God doesn't care about who wins football games, but he loves it when somebody who just had the game of their life deflects all the praise to Him. TK isn't going anywhere, so you're going to have to get used to this stuff. This is genuinely who the guy is.

1/3/2014, 04:35 AM
Some of you that want to discredit religion need to find evidence that God does not exist, instead of alway say there is no evidence that he does.

Btw there is more evidence that God does exist than there isnt.the mystery of the beginning of everything is proof enough that there is something beyond our comprehension, and that's God enough for me.

MsProudSooner
1/3/2014, 08:16 AM

I hadn't heard about his accident until tonight. Add 'Don't put a 5 year old on a jetski!' to my daughter's list of prohibitions for her sons! McCarron does seem like a great kid.

Boomer.....
1/3/2014, 08:30 AM
Some people are just ignorant.
Trevor knight never said God helped the win. He was alluding to his roll coaster journey this season. The highs and lows along the way this year. And he expressed his appreciation for his belief that God stayed with him and gave him the comfort to keep pressing forward.

Btw there is more evidence that God does exist than there isnt.

Agree

soonerfan69
1/3/2014, 09:00 AM
This team was very Blessed last night

swardboy
1/3/2014, 09:11 AM
In keeping with the humility theme, don't you love that OU does this without nearly as many 5 star and 4 star recruits as an Alabama or a Texas? Young men who are coachable, responsible, and humble are getting it done. I know they're not all angels, but I believe in the main we get a certain kind of recruit in the "integrity" category. Uh oh, there's that "I" word....

PhilTLL
1/3/2014, 10:14 AM
:eyeroll:

StatesEye
1/3/2014, 01:40 PM
…. we have distorted his message for our culture's exclusivity
he was a man of peace…. period

AMEN! To this quote.

However, competition is the "nature of things". It is self-evident so to speak.
IMO, God cares and is involved in every aspect of all occurrences. Also, IMO, I AM is very interested in how we deal with loss after valiant struggle. Yes, I AM has our back.......even through death (Palm 23).....for me, this is the most important message in The Example that Christ provided by His life. Mr. Knight feels he needs to proclaim Christ before men....as all pursuers of God should. I hope his zeal for God is just as strong in the "quiet places" when no one is looking, when there is no reward and quite likely only derision.

Of course much of this discussion probably does not belong in this forum......I'd like to add a comment for OhU1.....your criticism is well-founded....and will do you credit. Do not let ANYONE define what God and/or Christ should be to you. Your current position on the subject is vital to having a personal relationship with ALPHA and OMEGA. Peace to you.

Now.......that was a hell of a game by Mr. Knight. His play last night was probably what the coaches had bee seeing last year and during last spring. Remember, Mr. Bradford did not give a performance equal to his capability during the Spring Game before he started. Based on that performance, he was not clearly the better QB. However, the coaches see the true capability of a player. It just takes some time to translate to "real time" performance on the big stage, I suppose.

Great, great game last night. The players, the coaches and fans deserve this one and should enjoy it.

Scott D
1/3/2014, 01:41 PM
In keeping with the humility theme, don't you love that OU does this without nearly as many 5 star and 4 star recruits as an Alabama or a Texas? Young men who are coachable, responsible, and humble are getting it done. I know they're not all angels, but I believe in the main we get a certain kind of recruit in the "integrity" category. Uh oh, there's that "I" word....

don't let Tear Down This Wall see this post, he might have an aneurysm ;)

SoonerorLater
1/3/2014, 01:50 PM
Of course much of this discussion probably does not belong in this forum......

Why not?

StatesEye
1/3/2014, 02:05 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of "South Oval".......just the debate on religion and what not. Not the original post.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 02:10 PM
FWIW Religion(the subject of God)is over EVERYONE'S head. Infinity and origin of matter are mysteries we can't possibly know. Deal with it, atheists!

Wrong. We (humans) will eventually know or we will have failed. It's our purpose to continue to explore and seek knowledge.

Scott D
1/3/2014, 02:11 PM
our purpose, or our nature?

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 02:16 PM
our purpose, or our nature? Probably more our nature, but that programming comes from within. Toddlers that are unfettered by social convention, are relentless explorers but get reprogrammed to various degrees. Some never lose that drive to learn while others actually push back on those that do. But I agree it's more of a south oval topic.

KantoSooner
1/3/2014, 02:17 PM
Seriously folks? We can take a young man's obviously sincere off the cuff comments and turn it into an inane debate that we've thrashed to death on other threads more times than I can mention?
Let it go.
Congrats, Christians, apparently our stud QB is one of you.
Though I'm relatively certain that any possible supreme being would have more important things to do with its time than to determine the outcome of a game played, in part, between our sincere Christian and the equally sincere Christian leading the other team, you're free to believe so, and be happy in that confirmation of God's approval of your faith.
And who knows? After umpteen billion years, perhaps God has gotten a bit jaded and enjoys ****ing with Las Vegas sports books once in a while.
Just for the hell of it.
He sure seems to be devoting time to messing with Tebow of late. "Ah Timmah, let's see, I'll dangle that QB thing ... just outside your grasp. Jump, Timmah, jump! Aw, missed again, my son. Well, 'pray harder', I always say."

cvsooner
1/3/2014, 02:23 PM
::stupid::emptiness::confusion::nightmare::sour::d read::dejection::grumpy::confused::02.47-tranquillity:

StatesEye
1/3/2014, 02:29 PM
Seriously folks? We can take a young man's obviously sincere off the cuff comments and turn it into an inane debate that we've thrashed to death on other threads more times than I can mention?
Let it go.

Stirs a little after aboveboard comment.....bites lip.....and then cannot resist to dive in as well......

Congrats, Christians, apparently our stud QB is one of you.
Though I'm relatively certain that any possible supreme being would have more important things to do with its time than to determine the outcome of a game played, in part, between our sincere Christian and the equally sincere Christian leading the other team, you're free to believe so, and be happy in that confirmation of God's approval of your faith.
And who knows? After umpteen billion years, perhaps God has gotten a bit jaded and enjoys ****ing with Las Vegas sports books once in a while.
Just for the hell of it.
He sure seems to be devoting time to messing with Tebow of late. "Ah Timmah, let's see, I'll dangle that QB thing ... just outside your grasp. Jump, Timmah, jump! Aw, missed again, my son. Well, 'pray harder', I always say."

Just kidding a bit Kanto...
Hilarious imagery, though. "Jump, Timmah!" Too funny!

KantoSooner
1/3/2014, 02:37 PM
I've always liked the image of a supreme being with a sense of humor. Sort of the George Burns version of God.
And you know He would have had fun with the overly self-righteous.

Edmond Sooner
1/3/2014, 02:39 PM
Got to love it. This is Knight's best attribute.

Sorry your thread got hijacked by so many angry jerks.

Eielson
1/3/2014, 03:36 PM
I hope his zeal for God is just as strong in the "quiet places" when no one is looking, when there is no reward and quite likely only derision.

He's legit.

Tear Down This Wall
1/3/2014, 03:48 PM
There's nothing wrong with crediting Christ in the circumstance. I happen to be a believer, but know that many are not. It's fine.

Knight, like all Christians, has daily struggles in his life. He uses his faith to get through them. Fine.

And, it's not that Jesus wants one team or the other to win. It's just that Knight, as a person, acknowledges that throughout his daily struggles, he leans on Jesus.

Honestly, the kid's had his ups and downs on the playing field this year - both in unsuccessful execution of plays as well as injuries. If he believes the culmination of his faith in Christ is what helped him have the game of his life last night, so be it. Good for him!

olevetonahill
1/3/2014, 04:27 PM

Its Simple Jesus is a Sooner.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/3/2014, 04:53 PM
Instead of retyping all this...can I just repost my post when Gene Chizk thanked the Lord Jesus after Auburn won title? Insert Travis Knight where you see Gene Chizk::::

Ladies and Gents
Allow me to give you a different camera angle on the subject. This is a SPORTS FORUM and I realize that...so begging your forgiveness if this sounds like like Im trying to turn it into a religious debate.

The Bible, in many places, like Proverbs 3:6, tells us to acknowledge God in all things and he will direct out paths.

http://bibleresources.bible.com/pass...36&Submit.y=10

I think in this case and in many others..that is what people are trying to do....ACKNOWLEDGE GOD. They just fail to communicate it in a way that simply gives Glory to God. I don't think Gene Chizik was trying to to arrogantly imply that God was wearing a War Eagle shirt on Monday evening and placed "Angles in the Endzone" to make sure the Ducks couldn't run their offense effectively.

Tim Tebow, among others, chooses to say "I just want to give the Glory to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ". ( I know I know, we cant stand Tim Tebow on this board...) I'll bet next year when we win # 8 in New Orleans that our own Landry Jones will do the same. You can rest assured, that while there may not be articles written about it, people will say the same thing.

Also..If God loves us as much as the Bible says he does....then guess what...he cares that we love football. Those of you who have kids can relate how much joy it gives you when you see your children thrilled about something you see as trivial. When my son greets me at the door upon my arrival from work, thrilled about figuring out his Lego's, I dont respond by saying..."seriously son, Lego's?..I have deadlines to meet and there are starving people in the world...I don't have time to care about your Legos" Nope...it makes my heart warm to see my son happy. If you dont have kids...you are welcome to disregard this paragraph until you do

I admit I have no idea what is inside Gene Chiziks heart or what he believes...He may very well think God graduated from Auburn...like I said...this is just a different camera angle on him and others in the same situation.

KantoSooner
1/3/2014, 05:03 PM
Is it okay if the rest of us experience, when this reflexive recognition is enunciated, the same feelling that we get watching the bobbing head muslim kids memorizing koranic verses (most of them non-Arabic speakers, so literally mouthing words they have no understanding of) or Buddhist prayer wheels (supposedly whipping out those prayers just as fast as they can turn)?
I have no trouble with actions. The mechanistic 'praising' starts to seem ever so slightly phony after a while, however. (And this isn't a knock on Trevor. I am sure you've been 'blessed' or otherwise heard someone profess who seems utterly mentally asleep.)

SoonerinSouthlake
1/3/2014, 05:43 PM
The mechanistic 'praising' starts to seem ever so slightly phony after a while, however. (And this isn't a knock on Trevor.

kinda like saying...that guy is a complete ^&%$&%$ ....no offense.

To answer your question, YES, it is perfectly OK that you feel that way. Im sure we can just find common ground in being Sooner fans.

Im merely trying to explain that when people give praise to Jesus, that they arent saying Jesus only wanted them to win the game at the expense of others. They are simply giving praise to what they believe.

jiminy
1/3/2014, 08:36 PM
Although... remember John Blake's words after beating Texas? hehe