PDA

View Full Version : if we get our asses kicked...

colleyvillesooner
1/2/2014, 12:54 PM
Can everyone please handle it like adults? It's a bowl game, with 30 days off between games. It doesn't mean doom and gloom or that we will never get back to the top.

For me, this was always a rebuilding season, and beating Poke in their stadium was icing on the cake. I'm just gonna get the kids to bed, sit back, have a few beers, and dog cuss my TV when bad stuff happens. But at the end of the day, the future is bright with the young guys we have.

deweydw
1/2/2014, 01:00 PM
Totaly agree.

badger
1/2/2014, 01:01 PM
I promise to go to bed early if it looks bad and not lose any sleep over it.

I agree that the future looks bright for this team. I like the assistants we have in place, I like our player development, I like that we haven't had too many off-field offseason embarrassments. I like that our NFL alums have high standards for their college program and aren't afraid to speak out if we're not winning enough (and then are still welcomed back to the team practices and bowl games afterward)

olevetonahill
1/2/2014, 01:04 PM
Can I act crazier and yell and celebrate WHEN we WIN?

cherokeebrewer
1/2/2014, 01:04 PM
These players have heard all the noise about getting blown out in this game. Even with the loss of 3 best players, plus left side of OL, I believe they have accepted the challenge and embraced it.

I always handle losses like an adult...

landrun
1/2/2014, 01:17 PM
.... Can everyone please handle it like adults?

What you're really asking is if we can handle the loss without getting mad and screaming for Bob Stoops' head.

And my response is, " .... I'll try." :excitement:

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 01:21 PM
Can everyone please handle it like adults? It's a bowl game, with 30 days off between games. It doesn't mean doom and gloom or that we will never get back to the top.

For me, this was always a rebuilding season, and beating Poke in their stadium was icing on the cake. I'm just gonna get the kids to bed, sit back, have a few beers, and dog cuss my TV when bad stuff happens. But at the end of the day, the future is bright with the young guys we have.

Agree. The difference in talent between two teams does not need to be much to lead to a blowout. Game against USC is a classic example. The biggest problem in that game (and no, it wasn't Bradley's gaffe) was the inability to put pressure on Linehart. I think it would have been a much closer game had Dvoracek not been suspended.

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 01:22 PM

Ok….sounds like you are willing to reaffirm our bet!

olevetonahill
1/2/2014, 01:25 PM
Ok….sounds like you are willing to reaffirm our bet!

Not with you. I simply dont trust you,

Tear Down This Wall
1/2/2014, 01:26 PM
Before the season, I said we'd lose three or four, so...we'll be about where I figured we were going to be. At this point, I expect three or four losses per season out of this group of coaches. Because money is rolling in, Boren and Castiglione are fine with it, too, so...let 'er rip?

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2014, 01:27 PM
By adult, do you mean like that Bama fan chick that shot the other Bama fan chick for not caring enough after the Auburn loss?

winout
1/2/2014, 01:27 PM
I never give up my right to be a doom-and-gloomer or sunshine-pumper (all in the same post if necessary).

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 01:28 PM
Not with you. I simply dont trust you,

Well, I think that's not the reason. But so be it…you need to save face. Classic example of big talk, no walk.

Me? I put my money where my mouth is…I placed $500 on sports book.com

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 01:29 PM
Before the season, I said we'd lose three or four, so...we'll be about where I figured we were going to be. At this point, I expect three or four losses per season out of this group of coaches. Because money is rolling in, Boren and Castiglione are fine with it, too, so...let 'er rip?

How right you are.

Jacie
1/2/2014, 01:59 PM
I will be sad.

ObiKaTony
1/2/2014, 02:04 PM

Well said, this is absolutely a rebuilding year, and going to te sugar bowl this year with such young talent is awesome. Enjoy the game, and ignore espn's take on it. they have little perspective, and what perspective they have is trumped with a fat contract with the $EC

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2014, 02:06 PM
I will be sad.

Correct and concise. You win.

cherokeebrewer
1/2/2014, 02:08 PM
After losses I stay out of the innerwebz and cry in my beer as any responsible adult should.

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 02:09 PM
Well said, this is absolutely a rebuilding year, and going to te sugar bowl this year with such young talent is awesome. Enjoy the game, and ignore espn's take on it. they have little perspective, and what perspective they have is trumped with a fat contract with the $EC

We will be back to form, when we are no longer saying this...back to the time when we were reloading, not rebuilding

Soonerjeepman
1/2/2014, 02:14 PM
I'm just praying I don't get my killer headache I've been getting this week about 9:30 pm and lasting ALL FRICKIN NIGHT...this sick thing sucks.

I'm 40 and I'm a man...(well, 49) and I finally can handle losses better~ so yes, I'll act like an adult.

I will add, I'd be more disappointed if we are in the game...even have a lead and then lose it late in the 4th rather than getting blown out. With our personal situation I don't have a lot of optimistic attitude (hence I have NOT posted in the Crimson Colored Glasses thread).

Wishboned
1/2/2014, 02:35 PM
If we lose I'll be disappointed. But I won't lose any sleep over it.

If we win though I'll probably be too hyped to sleep.

Breadburner
1/2/2014, 02:39 PM
OP is asking for to much......

SoonerorLater
1/2/2014, 02:40 PM
This is a tough call. I'm sort of teetering on the edge of that line between taking a loss in a mature, philosophical way or whining and complaining until next season.

rock on sooner
1/2/2014, 02:46 PM

You can start right after I supply the mustard for the hot dogs
the guys'll be eatin in tha 3rd quarter...jus sayin'...:excitement:

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 02:49 PM
You can start right after I supply the mustard for the hot dogs
the guys'll be eatin in tha 3rd quarter...jus sayin'...:excitement:

That move by Boz never did go over too well with the Kansas State fans. What wasn't clear to me is whether he went up to the concessions stand and bought it himself.

Boomer.....
1/2/2014, 02:53 PM
If we lose by more than 14, I'll be disappointed, keep it within 14 I'll be content, and if we win I'll be ecstatic.

Aries
1/2/2014, 02:53 PM
I'm just glad we got to a BCS Bowl game, the last week or two of the season that looked like an extreme long shot. I'll be happy if we are competitive. I'll be ecstatic if we win.

But I've NEVER acted like an adult, it's ridiculous to expect that NOW.... :)

picasso
1/2/2014, 03:03 PM
I hope Stoops has the intestinal fortitude to put in Paul Thompson if needed.
Gird up them loins!

SoonerorLater
1/2/2014, 03:05 PM
So what's the over/under on the timeline for the inevitable "fire Bob Stoops" thread?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/2/2014, 03:07 PM
Agree. The difference in talent between two teams does not need to be much to lead to a blowout. Game against USC is a classic example. The biggest problem in that game (and no, it wasn't Bradley's gaffe) was the inability to put pressure on Linehart. I think it would have been a much closer game had Dvoracek not been suspended.

So the 4 first half turnovers at midfield or worse had nothing to do with it?

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 03:18 PM
So the 4 first half turnovers at midfield or worse had nothing to do with it?

Had a lot to do with it. I never said it was the ONLY factor. But some were forced errors due to Damon Patterson et al getting pressure on White.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2014, 03:29 PM
So what's the over/under on the timeline for the inevitable "fire Bob Stoops" thread?

Depends on which board you visit. Head over to landthieves and such a thread will pop up if Bama wins the coin toss. I don't post there, but lurk occasionally to see how real children act.

colleyvillesooner
1/2/2014, 03:58 PM
OP is asking for to much......

He knows. :D

BigJerm7
1/2/2014, 04:01 PM
As long as an Alabama fan doesn't tea bag me I'm good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RToZUBuPjWQ

instigator
Tonight can only improve my outlook for next year. Can't hurt it. That being said, I want them to look motivated and well prepared. If I get that, I will feel better about next year. We win and I will be through the roof about next year.

Okie35
Depends on the score. I think it'll be close though. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 04:06 PM

The next two seasons will be better indicators on whether Bob can still return this program to elite (meaning top 5) status and legitimately compete for a NC.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/2/2014, 04:14 PM
Regardless what happens tonight, the only big disappointment for me for this season will be the OU-Texas game. No excuse for not showing up for that.

Beating Notre Dame, KSU, and OSU were the highlights (all away games, right?)

Soonerjeepman
1/2/2014, 04:20 PM
As long as an Alabama fan doesn't tea bag me I'm good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RToZUBuPjWQ

ok, seriously...what person with any morals or half a brain would pull your privates out in a public area, and act like you are humping another guy? that is just plan wrong...that dude is one messed up guy. Then he just walks around with his junk out... I don't even think it's funny at all.
weird

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 04:26 PM
Regardless what happens tonight, the only big disappointment for me for this season will be the OU-Texas game. No excuse for not showing up for that.

Beating Notre Dame, KSU, and OSU were the highlights (all away games, right?)

Yeah, but that Baylor game is a close second for me. I was at the game. The confusion on the sidelines and the overall lack of enthusiasm from the team were disturbing.

As for the Texas game, I have to grudgingly admit that McCoy through two perfect passes for touchdowns.

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 04:28 PM
ok, seriously...what person with any morals or half a brain would pull your privates out in a public area, and act like you are humping another guy? that is just plan wrong...that dude is one messed up guy. Then he just walks around with his junk out... I don't even think it's funny at all.
weird

I guarantee the presiding judge in New Orleans didn't either. Would love to hear a follow-up story on if he was sentenced to jail time, and if so, how that jail time turned out for him.

Soonerjeepman
1/2/2014, 04:31 PM
sure he got t-bagged a few times...

Wishboned
1/2/2014, 04:31 PM
I guarantee the presiding judge in New Orleans didn't either. Would love to hear a follow-up story on if he was sentenced to jail time, and if so, how that jail time turned out for him.

He was sentenced to two years in prison. He posts here now under the name Sabanball.

olevetonahill
1/2/2014, 04:38 PM
Prosecutors reached a plea deal with [Downing] on the morning he was scheduled to be tried on charges that included sexual battery, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Prosecutors agreed to drop the battery charge.

Downing is scheduled to be formally sentenced on Nov. 29, but Orleans Parish Criminal District Judge Karen Herman indicated she will sentence Downing to two years in prison and recommend his participation in a boot camp program run by prison officials. Downing will not be required to register as a sex offender

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/brian-downing-alabama-fan-rubs-genitals-on-lsu-fan-face-pleads-guilty_n_1933889.html

SoonerorLater
1/2/2014, 04:47 PM
Maybe they're taking this a little too seriously. Given the the fan base it seems like pretty typical SEC country horseplay. Boys will be boys.:beguiled:

cvsooner
1/2/2014, 05:10 PM
"pretty typical SEC country horseplay"...like in 'Deliverance'?

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2014, 05:11 PM
Maybe they're taking this a little too seriously. Given the the fan base it seems like pretty typical SEC country horseplay. Boys will be boys.:beguiled:

More harmless than girls will be girls - they shoot each other.

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 05:12 PM

I dunno. I think it sends a clear (and much needed) message. That once the game is over, it's over (yes, I realize that's a bit of a Berra-ism). That kind of behavior could have turned into something UGLY very quickly, with innocent people getting hurt/trampled.

I certainly wouldn't shrug it off as country horseplay if it were my brother on the receiving end? Would you?

Or let's change one variable. Say it was a passed out female LSU fan, is it still just country horseplay?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/2/2014, 05:17 PM
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/Chew64/sarcasm20meter.jpg

olevetonahill
1/2/2014, 05:29 PM
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/Chew64/sarcasm20meter.jpg

:very_drunk:

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 05:52 PM
If we lose by more than 14, I'll be disappointed, keep it within 14 I'll be content, and if we win I'll be ecstatic.

I think that's probably a fair gauge of what most people are feeling.

Can't help but think how none of Switzer's teams went into a bowl where fans and national media were contemplating the possibility of a beatdown

Piware
1/2/2014, 05:57 PM
I like the way you think Tony. Throwing a big fit is just a little "too Poke" for me. Sooner Magic - ya gotta believe!

ouwasp
1/2/2014, 06:09 PM

Can't help but think how none of Switzer's teams went into a bowl where fans and national media were contemplating the possibility of a beatdown

Yeah...but that was a different era. Switzer's teams weren't perfect, you might recall. I'm not sure what's worse, going into a game expecting to win big, and maybe even the MNC ('78 Orange)and then losing in a landslide...or going into a game like tonight.

But I know this...I'm not at all uptight. I might get that way if OU plays like garbage like they did against Johnny last yr or Texas this yr. If they get beat by a better team, so be it. Just play with pride.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2014, 06:11 PM

Didn't mean squat what people thought would happen when I was sitting in the Orange Bowl and watching OU taking that beatdown from Holtz's Arkie team. Beatdowns are no fun, regardless of prior expectation.

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 06:13 PM
Yeah...but that was a different era. Switzer's teams weren't perfect, you might recall. I'm not sure what's worse, going into a game expecting to win big, and maybe even the MNC ('78 Orange)and then losing in a landslide...or going into a game like tonight.

But I know this...I'm not at all uptight. I might get that way if OU plays like garbage like they did against Johnny last yr or Texas this yr. If they get beat by a better team, so be it. Just play with pride.

That's a fair point. Switzer didn't have to deal with scholarship limitations during most of his career. So a Stoops/Switzer comparison may not be apples to apples.

Snrinhouston
1/2/2014, 06:14 PM
Didn't mean squat what people thought would happen when I was sitting in the Orange Bowl and watching OU taking that beatdown from Holtz's Arkie team. Beatdowns are no fun, regardless of prior expectation.

Yeah. I remember watching it on TV and seeing Calcagne look like a Heisman winner against us.

Always wondered if the stories were true about trying to sober up Lott in the shower before kickoff

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2014, 06:19 PM
Yeah. I remember watching it on TV and seeing Calcagne look like a Heisman winner against us.

Always wondered if the stories were true about trying to sober up Lott in the shower before kickoff

What I vividly remember was Switzer and staff checking out the field before the game. The water was deep enough to spill over the top of their shoes and they were looking at each other with "Oh, sh*t" expressions on their faces. That was a team built for speed on a fast surface.

ORANGESOONERFAN
1/2/2014, 06:57 PM
People we are Oklahoma we expect to win! but if we don't it still hurts like I was 10 years old and im 50 - opened my 1st beer!

fadada1
1/2/2014, 07:00 PM
More harmless than girls will be girls

Don't suppose there are any girl on girl versions of t-bagging out there.:beguiled:

Johnny Utah
1/2/2014, 08:08 PM

Well you're no fun...lol.

sooneredaco
1/3/2014, 12:21 AM
This thread is worthless... :-)

colleyvillesooner
1/3/2014, 12:26 AM
This thread is worthless... :-)

Yep!

Okie35
1/3/2014, 12:28 AM
I didn't want to quote myself but I told you all

SoonerKnight
1/3/2014, 12:31 AM
This thread shows weakness! This team has heart and I can see us going for #8!

stoopified
1/3/2014, 12:46 AM
Dammit we didn't even cover the 15 point, fire all the coaches!...........oh,wait we were 15 point DOGS.

Snrinhouston
1/3/2014, 12:50 AM
This thread shows weakness! This team has heart and I can see us going for #8!

Knight may also be #6

Wishboned
1/3/2014, 12:57 AM
I'm up all night. No way I'm sleeping.

JLEW1818
1/3/2014, 01:18 AM
Colley took all the pressure off!!! Love ya bro. Enjoy it this weekend. We deserve it.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2014, 01:22 AM
I'm up all night. No way I'm sleeping.

I'm with you. Work tomorrow is going to be ugly.

But I won't care.

badger
1/3/2014, 09:12 AM
We only have to act and sound like adults if we lost, right?

OK, then AJ McCarron is a giant puzzy who would rather throw the ball to nobody or the other team than let his precious little face be sacked by meanie opposing players. Sure is easy to win a lot when you're surrounded by NFL talent... unless that talent isn't on your o-line tee hee.

ESPN commentators are giant puzzies also for thinking Bama was the best team in the country.

All 11 teams that lost to Bammer this year are giant puzzies (especially Texas A&M) for not exposing almighty Bammer sooner

Anyone that still chants SEC instead of their own school is a giant puzzy too

Mac94
1/3/2014, 09:27 AM
All 11 teams that lost to Bammer this year are giant puzzies (especially Texas A&M) for not exposing almighty Bammer sooner

Hey now ... we hung 42 on them. Yeah, our defense sucks which is why we lost but we did expose the Bama defense. ;)

badger
1/3/2014, 09:32 AM
Hey now ... we hung 42 on them. Yeah, our defense sucks which is why we lost but we did expose the Bama defense. ;)

I'm talking about the rest of the Aggies, not you. You're ok since you hang out here :rcmad:

sooneron
1/3/2014, 10:09 AM

picasso
1/3/2014, 11:28 AM

In a great way. This dude is a Gipper fan he's about as sour as old Amoses Mash.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/3/2014, 01:10 PM
I think TDTW's head exploded last night and not the one that normally explodes while looking at a picture of Nick Saban.

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2014, 01:20 PM
Dammit we didn't even cover the 15 point, fire all the coaches!...........oh,wait we were 15 point DOGS.
WRONG...17! lol...I'm just going off the talking heads.